WH40K Conquest - OCTGN

This forum is for use by groups of folks who want to help organize their local gaming groups. If you have some people in your area and you want to organize game play at the table you can post to this forum!
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: WH40K Conquest - OCTGN

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:18 pm

(Moved this to the Local Gaming Groups so we don't loose it)

So I have gotten in 2 more games on OCTGN with Conquest. Got my but kicked in the first one, but beat the guy in the second pretty solidly.

Learning to play on OCTGN is tricky, but not bad once you learn the all mighty Right Click and Shift Left Click.

So me record on there is

Space Marine: Loss
Astra Militarum: Loss
Tau: Win

I always like the Tau :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Shurijo
Admin
Admin
Title: Scourge of the Jedi
User Class: Sith Lord

Post by Shurijo » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:32 pm

Could this work for Star Wars miniatures? Can you move pieces around and measure and stuff? Or is it only for cards?

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:51 pm

I don't believe there is a module for X-Wing.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:59 pm

You could maybe code one! They have a list of modules for it, right now its basically card games.

There are four base games that just come with it
Chess, Dominoes, Playing Cards, and The Spoils (some CCG they made)

In the game directory off one of the linsk you get
7th Sea
Game of Thrones LCG
Android-Netrunner LCG
Call of Cthulhu
Cards against Humanity
Doomtown
Doomtown-Reloaded
Duel Masters
Dune
Kaijudo
L5R
Lord of the Rings LCG
Mage Wars
Magic
My Little Pony CCG
Netrunner (from 1996)
Pathfinder ACG
Spycraft
Star Realms
Star Wars The Card Game
Star Wars CCG
Veto
Vampire the Eternal Struggle
VS system
Warhammer 40K Conquest
Warhammer Invasion
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Dec 22, 2014 11:23 pm

So our first Brennor's game took place between TetNak and myself on OCTGN.

TetNak was playing Ragnar Blackmane of the Space Marines, and I was playing Commander Shadowsun of the Tau.

Image Image

Perhaps its was fate that the CGDB has Ragnar so much smaller than Shadowsun, because she dominated in this first game!

Tet's deck had a ton of big units, by the end game he had 2 Dreadnaughts and 1 Landraider in play but I had so many ranged units with Ion Rifles and other buffs going that it was obvious who was going to win. I'm getting ahead of myself.

We started up OCTGN with a bit of a glitch with Tet's deck but it was soon cleared up and we got started. I play some early Recon Drones and smaller units and he put out some Space Marine units like Ragnar's Sentinels. I won command on a bunch of early planets witch was a big help, and I was able to get my card search going early with my Earth Caste Techs.

No one had any Supports out for about three turns, then I ended up with two Ambush Platforms and my reducer, which was key, and he had a Promethum Mine that was slowing working for him.

Image Image

During the commit your warloard part we avoid one another almost the whole game. I don't know if that was Tet's plan or not, but it was mine for at least the start of the game. Then I was actually looking for a fight with him since I had some units that were like 9 Att Ranged (Ranged get's to shoot first in a battle and can snipe big units). I nearly finished off one of his Dreadnaughts but he shielded just enough, still it was really hurt.

I kept winning enough command to keep me flush with cards and resources and my Supports were huge on letting me put out attachments at no cost.

The planets we were fighting over weren't too great for win condition icons, and we realized the game was going to be a long one, the best I could win was on planet 6 and for him it was planet 7 (which I learned by the way if a game goes to planet 7 whomever wins planet 7 wins the whole game).

The final fight I had about 10 units on planet 6 and most of his guys were sitting on planet 7. With a Ranged Attack, Area Effect 4, I wipes what he did have and the game was mine.

All in all I had a great time playing on OCTGN with Tet. We actually were on the phone with one another making the chat easy.

If folks check this game out, we could maybe set up a little Brennor's OCTGN League on there, play some swiss rounds and have a little bracket at the end. I've heard on a podcast that's happening, and seems easy enough to do.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:24 am

In retrospect I think I should have been more aggressive in the early game and went for a warlord victory. Those ranged units really hurt and I was afraid to commit Ragnar to those planets. I was actively trying to stay away. Then, with your Ambush Platform and attachments, I was in big trouble. I was happy my economy was able to keep up with my big hitters at the very least.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 23, 2014 1:35 am

Yeah Ragnar's Meta I've seen is Warlord hunter. You commit with me, do 2 dm gto my warlord right off the bat from his reaction and then try and finish me off.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:51 pm

I would absolutely love to get a LCG league going.

I will learn just about any game that OCTGN supports.

Games I currently play are (In order of farmiliarity)

A Game of Thrones LCG
Star Wars LCG
Android: Netrunner LCG
Warhammer Conquest LCG
Doomtown ECG
Call of Cthulu LCG

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:26 pm

Maybe when the holidays are over we can see what sort of community we can get going with a few games. I'd love even just some regular game time to hang out and play.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by TetNak » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:43 pm

I am down to this