Prelude: Blood and Steel

On the continent of Tanaephis several human peoples battle over land, power or money. In this brutal world, people often are guided by their passions and desires for power, wealth or violence. Many powerful warriors possess god-weapons. Strange, intelligent and powerful, these weapons have desires and schemes of their own.
This is a sword and sorcery game in a violent world. The unique rules are simple and quick to learn.Run by the Weapon Master Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Prelude: Blood and Steel

Post by Grimbold » Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:12 pm

It is the year 1031 after Neinnes on the continent of Tanaephis. It is the first day of the Month of Unrest.
This month, your passions are modified like this: Violence+1, Prestige+1, Sex-1.
Two figures are lying in the hot sand, feeling a bit dizzy. They are just waking up from some kind of long sleep. They have the taste of hot, dry sand in their mouths and they can smell something burning. They have nothing but a loincloth as clothing and they are feeling very tired and sluggish. Slowly, they get to their hands and knees and look around.

As their vision focuses, they see two large war dogs in front of them, bleaking their yellow teeth and growling at them. As the adrenaline rushes through their veins, they can make more of their surroundings.

They get on their feet and see a large crowd seated in a giant arc around a great walled circle of sand. They are cheering and screaming for their blood! "EAT THEM!" "RIP THEM!" "KILL THEM!" the two men hear. They are in the great arena of Pôle, the Derigion capital. And they have to fight for their lives! The tall, blonde Piorad comes from the frigid northern wastes and the dark-skinned Gadhar comes from the southern jungles. In the arena they are joined in a battle against two massive beasts and against a crowd that want to see human blood spilt.

The sandy circle is about 30 meters across and in the high walls, some openings, doors and barred entrances can be seen. Behind the two wardogs, there is a rack with a variety of melee weapons.

The Piorad and the Gadhar look at eachother and know they need to act or their blood will decorate the sand!
Welcome to Bloodlust! This thread is for Ardh05 and Kilroy, please start with a short physical description. Remember: The two have no equipment whatsoever. Enjoy!
As initiative is dependent on action (e.g. quick attack gives you +5 and brutal attack gives you -5 on initiative, I will let you both post your actions and then I will roll the outcome in initiative order.
Last edited by Grimbold on Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Prelude: Blood and Steel

Post by Kilroy » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:34 am

Nu'man wakes up very groggy, but with the sight of immediate danger ahead of him, his body springs into action.

His 6'2" body is finely toned from years of hunting and fighting for his tribe. At 220 pounds, he fills out his frame nicely. Nu'man's black skin glistens from the heat of the hot sun and his jet black hair is full of sand. His eyes are a striking deep blue, filled with fight and a determination to live.
Are the dogs chained up or are they charging? Are they coming at one of us or are their attentions divided? If chained, how long are the chains?
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:00 am

Korbold shakes his head groggily, trying to clear the mental cobwebs from his head. Seeing the dogs, the 6' tall, 190 pound Piorad jumps up, ready to rip them apart if they attack.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Oct 29, 2008 10:23 am

The dogs are not chained and clearly Korbold and Nu'Man are supposed to die here and now to the enjoyment of the crowds.

They are fierce and bred to kill and they are going to attack.
Look at the combat options thread. Ask any questions you need. This is (hopefully!) an easy learner combat. Keep in mind there is a rack of all kinds of weapons behind the dogs.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:10 am

The tribesman sees the rack of weapons behind the brutal beasts and makes a quick decision. He is going to live today.

He runs towards the weapons, trying to stay to the right side of the right most dog. He twists, turns, rolls and sidesteps to avoid the fangs of his adversary.
Half action: Move towards rack. Half action: Dodge dog's attack.
Nu'man concentrates on his task at hand, hoping he can make it to a weapon before he is killed. The other man in the ring behind him is temporairly forgotton.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:48 am

Korbold, seeing his fellow combatant's actions, charges straight between the dogs, hoping to get to the weapons before the dogs get to him.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:56 pm

Nu'Man (I dont have the sheet with me right now but I think it is 15)
Korbold 8
Dogs 10
Nu'Man darts towards the weapons and stops right next to the weapon rack.

One dog attacks Korbold and but fails to jump on him with all his weight and fierceness. The second dog runs to Nu'Man, ready to rip him apart, but the Gadhar is too fast and the beast does not hit him.

The crowd does a disappointed "OOOOOOOh" when the dogs miss.
Dog 1 Brutal Attack: roll 67, miss.
Dog 2 Brutal Attack: roll 45, miss.
Korbold, the tall blond warrior from the north, runs to the rack.

On the rack there are weapons of all kinds.
Look at the weapon statistics in the ooc thread and grab a weapon as a movement action.
Nu'Man and Korbold...

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:23 am

Once Nu'man makes it to the weapon rack, he grabs a rapier and turns on the closest dog to him. Now armed, he smiles to himself and is inflated with confidence. "GRRRUUUAGHHH!!!" He growls as he lashes out at the rapid beast in front of him.
Half move:Grab Rapier, Half move: Brutal Attack on closest dog
By my calculations, 15 norm intative +2 for Rapier, -5 Brutal Attack= 12?

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sun Nov 02, 2008 2:15 pm

Yes, your initiative is 12. Keep in mind that a rapier gives you +5% on Quick Attacks.
Korbold, the Piorad,...

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:06 pm

I see that now. I was alittle confused with the "RA" stat. Depending on how strong the dogs are, I think I will have a chance to use a quick attack, and hopefully add some "colorful" text!!