Prelude: Blood and Steel

On the continent of Tanaephis several human peoples battle over land, power or money. In this brutal world, people often are guided by their passions and desires for power, wealth or violence. Many powerful warriors possess god-weapons. Strange, intelligent and powerful, these weapons have desires and schemes of their own.
This is a sword and sorcery game in a violent world. The unique rules are simple and quick to learn.Run by the Weapon Master Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Prelude: Blood and Steel

Post by Grimbold » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:49 pm

"You can buy a horse here and we might be able to offer you a guide, another mercenary who is going to join the fight."

While talking, the man writes on a piece of paper and then hands it to Korbold, who can barely read, which is more than most of the folks living on the continent.

"You should report to Captain Pitian in the army as soon as possible. Show him this. He will give you your first pay and task."

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:57 pm

Korbold nods as he takes the paper, stuffing it in his belt. "How much for a horse?"

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Mar 13, 2009 1:30 pm

"You do not look as if you could afford a Chagar - not that we would sell any, anyway. I could make you a special price of 600 sesterces for a horse or 300 for a pony. What do you say?"
Chagar are the mighty carnivorous horses that the Piorad normally ride. Only they have been able to tame them.

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:33 pm

Korbold groans as he counts his money. "I don't even have enough for a pony... is there any way I can rent one or borrow some money?"

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Sat Mar 14, 2009 6:40 am

The blade chuckles as the mortal offers his price for a pony, the lowliest of horses, and states, "If he will not let you buy or rent, you might be able to find someplace in this town in which you can gamble-you mortals do seem to have a penchant to throw your money away, and with me, you might have a better chance to be on the receiving end of the money flow."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sat Mar 14, 2009 1:25 pm

"Ok, Korbold. This is what I can offer you. I'll lend you a horse and you will give it back when you arrive at the host and talk to the Captain. If it dies on the way, you pay for it with your pay. Agreed?"

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:19 pm

Korbold chuckles silently at his new blade's comment, then nods his head in agreement. "Yes, that sounds like a good plan to me."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Mar 17, 2009 2:08 am

The mercenary smiles: "Ok, I will get your horse soon. I think you Piorads are natural riders, aren't you? The only ones who could tame the mighty Chagar. But you cannot leave now. A scout will accompany you, he knows his way around and I am sure you will get along just fine. We just need to wait for him to arrive. Sometimes he is late, you know."

ardh05
Level 12
Level 12

Post by ardh05 » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:15 am

Korbold smiles at the sweeping generalization, but nods, "Yes, I do know how to ride... and I don't mind waiting for this scout to come."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Mar 18, 2009 11:58 pm

"Perhaps you have an errand to do in the town while I get your horse ready and perhaps the scout will be there then?" The man is waiting for Korbold to move on, there is already a dark-skinned Gadhar next in line.