Prelude: Blood and Steel

On the continent of Tanaephis several human peoples battle over land, power or money. In this brutal world, people often are guided by their passions and desires for power, wealth or violence. Many powerful warriors possess god-weapons. Strange, intelligent and powerful, these weapons have desires and schemes of their own.
This is a sword and sorcery game in a violent world. The unique rules are simple and quick to learn.Run by the Weapon Master Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Prelude: Blood and Steel

Post by Grimbold » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:54 am

Alniris, the Ghostblade whispers: "The weapon I want to avenge was called night strider, a dagger."
Moving you ahead.
*** Two days later ***

Sylik and Korbold are on their way to the battle. They have left Pôle and are riding on the well-kept road through a forest. Korbold has a large black horse, Sylik has a shaggy Thunk pony. Just then, an arrow lands in front of the Thunk's pony. Ambush!
Three tall men with bows are emerging from the trees, about 50m away. One says: "Give us all your money and weapons, and we will let you live!"

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:59 am

Sylik's hand immediately goes to his bow ready to draw. His eyes dart among the three men as he sizes them up.

"What do you think?" he asks the blade "I only see three but it would be most unwise to assume that they are the only ones. Either there's more of them or they are very very stupid."

He looks around for any other men, then looks to Korbold waiting for his actions.
I search for hidden dwarves...

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:43 am

The Piorad, under his thirst for battle, does not take time to dismount, instead charging the bandits with the Razor in hand, yelling in his bloodlust as he tries wholeheartedly to dismember these enemies.

The Devil's Razor, for his part, smiles in glee, gauging the powers of the enemies before he reacts with mystical strength of his own.
I didn't really familiarize myself with the system, so I don't even know if this is possible, if it isn't, tell me, and I'll edit.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:06 pm

"I agree" Alniris whispers. "There must be more, watch out!"

Korbold draws his great sword and rides on, charging toward the bandits. They shoot, one shot goes wide, one hits the Piorad's armor harmlessly and one connects with his thigh, doing minor damage.
Korbold: ride
B1: shoot at Korbold, r83, miss.
B2: shoot at Korbold, r15, hit for 8 (no damage)
B3: shoot at Korbold, r29, hit for 14 (4 damage)

Health:
Korbold: 24/28
Sylik, bow in hand...

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Mon May 11, 2009 1:45 pm

Sylik has his bow and arrow in hand and is looking around trying to decide his next action while the big Piorad, Korbold is charging the bandits.

The Thunk warrior...
It is Sylik's turn now but I also welcom Hayabusa as Alniris, the Ghostblade! Of course, you can talk to Sylik even in combat. Enjoy!

Odin
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Odin » Tue May 12, 2009 7:33 am

Sylik quickly takes aim and draws his bow letting an arrow loose from atop his sturdy pony. He quickly hops off his mount taking a short survey of the scene. Seeing the piorad charge with reckless abandon, already with two arrows sticking out of him he smirks as he sends his thoughts to Alniris,

"He may be useful if he continues to attack like this, or he'll be dead. Either way we can profit from this little encounter."
If hopping off the mount after a shot is a problem let me know. Otherwise welcome to the game :)
I search for hidden dwarves...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue May 12, 2009 11:57 am

"Yes, Sylik we can profit from his way of rawness," Alniris whispers to his wielder. "Though you should take care that he may not be the one who dispatches them all. It is not him we want the bandits to fear. Scum is easily dreaded by raw strength, so we have to show them that it is you they really have to be afraid of. When they are taken out we should keep one alive so he can tell others that it is us from which they have to flee."
Hello everyone. I hope I won't disappoint you.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue May 12, 2009 3:04 pm

Sylik shoots an arrow but only hits a tree behind one of the bandits. Then he gets off his pony and looks around. Three more bandits come out of the forest behind them, smiling and armed with bows. They take aim, getting ready to turn the two heroes into pincushions. So there are three bandits ahead, and three behind.

The three bandits ahead shoot at the charging Piorad, one arrow goes wild, one accidentally fires an arrow into another bandit, doing minor damage, one hits Korbold but the arrow bounces harmlessly from the armor.

Then Korbold rides to the bandits, his sword makes an arc, missing one of the bandits and connecting to the head of another, taking out his eye. Korbold then yanks out his blade. Amazingly, the bandit is still standing, blood pouring from his wound to the skull, barely able to stay on his two legs.
Init: Sylik 15, Bandits 10, Korbold 3

Sylik ranged attack, move: r82 vs 50, miss.
B1: aim, shoot at Korbold, r66, fumble, reroll 93, hits a friend for 5 damage.
B2: aim, shoot at Korbold, r22 critical hit, for 4, (no damage).
B3: aim, shoot at Korbold, r72, miss.
B4: move, aim.
B5: move, aim.
B6: move, aim.

Korbold charge:
Double Brutal attack on B1: r97, miss, r05, hit for 18 damage, 75% chance to die: r99, saved, 100% chance for permanent damage: Perception-2).

Health:
Korbold 24/28
B1 -18, -2 Perception.
B2: -5

You can all post actions now, as the action selected might influence initiative. Razor, you can say something to Korbold or order him about, if you like.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Wed May 13, 2009 8:59 am

"Faster," the blade whispers to his wielder, "More. Before the day is done the story must spread of how Korbold the Mighty, Korbold the Brave, Korbold the Killer ruthlessly slaughtered those who dare stand against him. We might as well start your story here." Secretly the blade know that any story such as this would start bringing the attention which might be used to find Thanatos and Muleh.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Thu May 14, 2009 5:10 pm

Sylik...