Prelude: A long time ago

On the continent of Tanaephis several human peoples battle over land, power or money. In this brutal world, people often are guided by their passions and desires for power, wealth or violence. Many powerful warriors possess god-weapons. Strange, intelligent and powerful, these weapons have desires and schemes of their own.
This is a sword and sorcery game in a violent world. The unique rules are simple and quick to learn.Run by the Weapon Master Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Prelude: A long time ago

Post by Grimbold » Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:34 pm

Long ago, there were elves, dwarves, orcs, giants and other strange monsters. This is a tale of that time.

God Weapons are strange beings, indescructible, yet heavily dependent on a wielder to give them senses and, well, to wield them in battle. Sometimes, weapons form groups, much like families, and consider eachother brothers and sisters. In a strange way, weapons also consider themselves male or female... and can fall in love.

A family of male weapons, Muleh a Gadhar axe, Thanatos, a bastard sword and Devil's Razor, a two-handed sword, all fell in love with a female weapon, Alia, a dagger.

One day, Thanatos in a fit of jealousy, made his wielder slay Alia's wielder and had him drop the beautiful dagger over the cliffs into the sea, losing her forever. Dropping a weapon into the sea is the only way of "killing" it, as it will never again find a wielder.

Thanatos' and Muleh's tracks were then lost in history and the weapons disappeared from view. We move on to the elven prince Araniel and his God weapon Devil's razor. Araniel is one of the last elf princes, fighting a losing battle against the Piorad hordes from the snowy north.

Right now, Araniel is gathering some of his surviving fighters to protect the elven capital of Pôle against the invaders. He and his 10 men have to hold the northern gate until reinforcments arrive.

The prince mumbles to his blade: "I surely hope that the reinforments arrive soon, I sense bloodshed and battle fury, my sword."
Welcome Illeveun to the game!

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Prelude: A long time ago

Post by Illeveun » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:19 am

"Oh, yesss my prince," The sword hisses, "And what a battle it will be! The radiant heroes against the barbarian hordes, standing sword and shield against that faceless human wave, fighting under the glares of the sun and moon, entwined in the cosmic dance." The blade almost laughs, but continues on a slightly more serious note, "Be careful though, my prince. This battle will bring you, and me, great glory and honor no doubt, but what good will that do you if you die. While my tale will continue on forever, yours will stop, be cut short. You are, I might say, a good wielder. I would prefer to be in your hands as long as possible."
Was that a decent enough opening post?"

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jan 09, 2009 11:41 am

Cool, great post!
The prince stands on the wall and waits for the attacking hordes. His ten men are armed with longswords and bows. Then the Piorad appear ou tof the mist: A chaotic horde of tall men and dogs and their flesh-eating horses, the Chagar. They are wielding all kinds of weapons, mostly great big ones. Some have ladders and some throw their spears when in range.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Fri Jan 09, 2009 2:05 pm

I do not know if I have already told you about all general traits of god weapons:
1) Indescructible and unbreakable (except perhaps in a very special volcano...)
2) Provide an automatic protection of 5 to the wielder.
3) Communication: A weapon can talk telepathically with its wielder as long as it is up to 10 inches away from him. All god weapons can communicate telepathically with eachother if they are no more than 18' away.
4) Connection to wielder: The weapon knows at all times the physical status of the wielder (hitpoints, diseases, poisons). A weapon whose wielder dies, will lose all powers for one hour.
5) Senses: A weapon does not have any human senses. Without a wielder it is blind and deaf. Through the wielder's eyes and ears (and other senses) it can perceive the world around it. (If the weapon has eyes, it can see, though).
6) The wielder can grant control to the weapon, and then the weapon controls the wielder fully for a few minutes. Or the weapon can try to control him without his consent. This is influenced by the power level of the weapon and the EGO of the wielder.
The first javelins fly past as the prince flourishes Devil's razor.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:14 am

The Razor smiles, and a force of emotion shivers throughout the sword, a feeling of happiness and relief. Its eye flits about, taking in the situation, and it says, "It is time. You will win glory or death in this battle, maybe some of both. Go for the leaders. This horde will break apart with out a solid hand to guide it."

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sun Jan 11, 2009 2:22 pm

"Bows out!" The prince's voice booms over the battle-raged yells of the Piorads. The elves notch arrows and aim.
"Fire!" Ten arrows fly towards the attackers and find targets, leaving some enemies lying on the ground, choking on their own blood. Nevertheless, they come. And the elf can see, that they are also attacking the other gates.

While the elves fire again, some of the Piorads attack the gate itself, held by four or five of the elves' human allies, the Derigions clad in plate armor. The attackers just begin hacking at the gate with their two handed axes, breaking out more and more woody splinters.

Other Piorads come with ladders (the only siege instruments they have, and try to use them to scale the walls, where the elves are.

"What should we do now, Razor?" the prince asks.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:40 am

"Tell your men to push the ladders off, and deal with any barbarians that get on." The blade speaks his mind, and, continuing, says, "We should head for the gate, and help the poor Derigions who are there." The Devil's Razor is not happy with the few numbers they have to hold this city, but what can he do about that? Nothing, really, other than destroy the leaders to end this battle quickly.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:26 pm

The prince yells: "Push the ladders down before they climb up, and use your sword to cut down any that find a way to climb! I will try to hold the gate!"

It is this season again, the Month of Conquests. Every year at this time, the Piorads attack some more civilized fortresses or cities. It is like a yearly celebration of violence.

Araniel runs down the stairs and comes down behind the gate. He helps the few men hold the gate by pushing against it.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:38 pm

The gate has been rebuilt only two weeks ago and so it is less sturdy than the original. After a minute or so, the first gleams of steel blades of axes break through the wood. With a crash, the gate breaks down, and Araniel, with Razor, finds himself in the middle of a furious melee. Three large Piorads, one with a two handed axe, one with axe and shield and one with a longsword charge him. Others attack the four armored Derigions.
Have a look at the combat actions ooc page to see what you can do. You can (if you want) activate powers. As free action, you can talk to Araniel, giving him tips...

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:02 pm

"Move in clossse," the blade hisses, "and strike with power." THe blade opens its inner well of power, filling itself with strength and power enough to take down any how so dare to challenge him.
use the power " multiple brutal attacks"