Prelude: A long time ago

On the continent of Tanaephis several human peoples battle over land, power or money. In this brutal world, people often are guided by their passions and desires for power, wealth or violence. Many powerful warriors possess god-weapons. Strange, intelligent and powerful, these weapons have desires and schemes of their own.
This is a sword and sorcery game in a violent world. The unique rules are simple and quick to learn.Run by the Weapon Master Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Prelude: A long time ago

Post by Grimbold » Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:15 pm

Araniel: 12+2=14
Piorads 3
Razor seems to smile as Araniel hacks at the Piorad with the longsword, and misses; his second attack strikes home and with a brutal hack, he severs the Piorad's arm at the shoulder and the raider falls back, dead. The elf is splattered with his enemies blood and his blade rejoices.

The Piorad with the axe and shield attacks, but his axe does not hit. The thrid Piorad charges in holding his two handed axe high and strikes at the elf. The weapon connects, leaving a small cut on his right arm. Razor's magical protection and his elven mail averted most of the damage.
Araniel: Multiple Brutal attack / Parry.
Brutal attack 1: 50%, +10 for a 2H Sword =60%.
rolled 73, miss.
Brutal attack 2: 60%
rolled 60, hit for 35 damage! Hit on the right arm. Armor: 8 points, so 28 damage are left. Dead.

Piorad 1 (axe and shield) BA/parry; rolled 43, miss.
Piorad 2 (longsword) dead
Piorad 3 (2H axe)charge, Brutal attack +20% for charging. rolled 25 hit. Parry: 35% rolled 59, fail.
Hit on the right arm for 15 damage, -13 Armor points (8 Chainmail, 5 magic weapon) = 2 damage.
Araniel: 20/22
Piorad 1: -
Piorad 2: dead
Piorad 3: -
You can activate more than one power per round, especially the permanent ones.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:49 am

The blade again pushes the prince, activating its own magics to help him cut through the Piorad host.
Okay, but I don't think that, at least for now, I need to activate anything else. I'll activate multiple brutal attacks again.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:00 pm

Araniel swings Razor around to pierce one enemy's breast, Razor's point comes out his back. With a kick, the elf sends the body to the ground before slashing at the second Piorad's abdomen, opening the skin on his stomach and spilling out the intestines. The Piorad makes a surprised gasp and holds his innards with both hands, but soon his eyes become dull and he slumps to the ground, dead.

Araniel has a few moments to look around and he sees more barbarians coming at him. One seems to be the leader, he is wielding an exquisitely made two handed axe and screams as he is on the way of charging the elf.
Araniel: Multiple Brutal attack / Parry.
Brutal attack 1: 50%, +10 for a 2H Sword =60%.
rolled 09, hit. Piorad 1 parry: rolled 75, fail. 32 damage -8 armor = 24 to the breast. Instant death: 90%, rolled 21, dead.
Brutal attack 2: 60%
rolled 29 hit. 32 damage-8=24 to the abdomen. Instant death: 75%, rolled 66, dead.

Piorad 1 (axe and shield) dead.
Piorad 2 (longsword) dead.
Piorad 3 (2H axe) dead.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Wed Jan 21, 2009 10:48 am

The blade bestows a measure of protection on his weilder, making the elf's hands more swift and nimble, able to block any blow. He urges the prince to attack the leader, before ensuring that the prince could follow through with the requests.
Activate improved protection, multiple brutal attacks

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Wed Jan 21, 2009 1:26 pm

I will keep this pre-history going only for a few more rounds. Please join the main thread as well. Welcome.
As the elf braces for the charge of the feral Piorad, Razor hears a strange mental voice: "Ah, I see you are a worthy opponent, blade. Now feel my power as I will crush your wielder and my wielder shall feast on his blood today... Bow before me, I am Kithrin Deathbringer." The Piorad's axe is a god weapon as well.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Fri Jan 23, 2009 12:01 pm

The Razor whispers back into the mind of this 'Deathbringer', "The only thing you could crussh isss the bassket of a Piorad maiden- as if there were such a thing." The blade takes a laugh at the expense of his enemy's wielder, but whispers to Araniel, concerned, "Be careful. That leader is holding a god weapon."
I think this turn I'll just activate multiple brutal attacks, waiting to see how powerful this weapon and wielder are

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Sat Jan 24, 2009 2:58 pm

Kithrin, the weapon, continues talking: "You are weak and your wielder is weak. The time of the elves is over and your city is doomed. Soon you shall have a new wielder, and I am sure it will be a Piorad! Your little prince will be dead by then..."

Suddenly, the attacker turns invisible! Araniel gasps as he strikes blindly into the direction of the attacker. He hits something as the enemy's scream shows. But he feels that some magical force has protected the Piorad and weakened his strike.

The elf then senses the other's axe swish by him and a second time it connects. He stumbles back under the force of the blow but his armor and magical protection prevent any damage.
Araniel: Brutal attack with -50%:
rolled: 46 miss
rolled: 07, hit! Parry: 64, fail. 25 damage to the body. -18 (armor, magical protection)=7 damage. 10% for consequences: 63, no consequences.
Piorad chief:
Brutal attack 1: 91, miss.
Brutal attack 2: 41, hit for 5 damage. Parry: 67, fail. Reduced to 0 damage through armor and protection.

Illeveun
Level 12
Level 12

Post by Illeveun » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:18 am

The blade is caught by indecision. He has faced god weapons before, yes, but never one that has turned invisible like this one. He asks Araniel to be cautious again, as the Razor does not want to commit wholly to the strike, trying to gauge his opponent.
Activate multiple defensive combination

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:04 pm

Araniel: MDC/aim
Brutal attack 1 60%-25%+10%+15%=60% (-50% for invisibility) = 10%
Brutal attack 2 -50%+10%+15%=35% (-50% for invisibility) = 05%
(Parry 1: -0%, Parry 2: -25%)

Araniel: BA 1: rolled 97, miss.
BA 2: rolled 100, critical failure (you fail your attack and can only use a defensive action next round - with -25%).
Piorad: Activate Power: Critical offensive combination / aim.
Brutal attack: rolled 45. Hit.
Parry attempt 1: 86, fail. Parry attempt 2: 83, fail.

This is an automatic critical hit through the activated power. 50 Damage to the abdomen! -5-8(armor)=37 damage. Instant death 75%, rolled 68, dead.
The elf swings two times at the invisible foe but his strikes fail to connect. Then he hears a triumphant growl as the invisible Piorad strikes from the elf's flank. His god-weapon sings as the horizontal swing of the axe hits the elf right on the hips and cleaves him in two! A spray of blood and intestines scatters around and the last elf prince falls to the fury of the raiders from the north.The Piorad leader gives out a primitive victory cry and charges on.

For Razor, this is a traumatic experience - he suddenly loses all powers and only his eye stays open. He hears the axe scream in victory as several Piorads charge to get hold of the weapon. Now they battle each other for the weapon and soon the first Piorads fall from their kinsmen's hands.

A volley of arrows from the city drives the raiders away. Reinforcements have arrived. A Derigion company of crossbowmen is firing into the Piorad ranks and soon their numbers dwindle and they prefer to pull back. No doubt they will be back the following year to celebrate the Month of Conquests.

A detachment of elf warriors gathers together the remains of the prince and one very old elf takes up Razor. He ignores the weapon's words and has enough willpower to resist Razor's attempts to control him. Soon, they follow the prince's corpse in a funeral procession into the ancient crypts under the city. The last elf prince is seated down on a marble throne and Razor is laid down on a pedestal in front of him.

After a lot of sad speeches and songs, the elves leave, and behind them, only darkness remains...
This thread has ended. Thanks for playing this prequel. I hope you enjoy the main story.