Ring of Air - Stronger than Steel

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Stronger than Steel - Secret Allies

Post by Nate » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:40 pm

"Hai," Kijuro replies quietly. "Those rice crates are filled with the dashio of samurai they've either stolen from, or killed. We were poisoned and attacked ourselves for our dashio a few weeks back. That's what had led us here."

Kijuro stares on focusing on the ship as it approaches hoping to get some other form of clues as to where the weapons are being shipped before they leave.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Feb 03, 2010 8:59 pm

"Let us depart. We have seen enough and any minute longer we wait here endangers our lives and our mission" Umeko says in hushed tones, the young woman now seems more focused than ever with such a clear goal before her.
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:15 pm

"So these crime will go unpunished?" Ryuichi asks in disbelief. "I see that we're outmatched, but there must be something we can do. Although I don't want to endanger the brave Yotsu who chose to stay, live and fight here."

Ryuichi looks at Kuni Zenko as if he knows what to do.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Feb 03, 2010 11:50 pm

Umeko looks at the Dragon in disbelief reminding herself that not all Samurai are born into a family of scouts "Any action you undertake now will not only cost you your life and severly risk ours it will also lead to this plot never to be uncovered by the empire as a whole, which in turn will again lead to more theft, murder and betrayel of the empire." her words though whispered come out a bit harsch but the fire in her eyes and grim determination in her voice makes it clear that she is adamant on this "You were trained a warrior, I was trained in a family of scouts. The first lesson a scout learns is that his honor or desire for self rightous sacrifice is never to impede his duty which is to save the lives of others by passing on information. If you wish to attempt anything foolish wait until we leave and I will speak my prayers for you."
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End: Stonger than Steel

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:05 am

The once Unicorn Monk Shuro nods, "Umeko-san spreaks true. We must go. Staying will only send us to the Lords of Death before our appointed time. There are many that must know what is happening. That is our duty first and for most now." The monk slips down off the ridge, and is back down on the street.

Chen also agrees with Umeko, "I think its time the Yotsu do more than fight for the crumbling ruins of Otosan Uchi. I will come with you and tesitify to what I have seen to those that must know." He looks to Hidekaga, "Remain behind as long as it is safe, gather what additional information you can, and then return to the dojo. Do not engage the enemy unless you must."

The other Yotsu nods to his orders. "Hai."

Chen then slides back down the ridge. "Come the Empire must know what is happening on our shores with the Gaijin and these Spider."

One by one you slide down the ridge, even Ryuichi must accept this fate, Umeko's arguement is true, there will be time for vengence later.... much much later.

A single cherry blossum blows across the ruined city of Otosan Uchi on the whispering wind.
Here ends The Ring of Air (Chapter 1) of the L5R vs LBS game! I leave the game dangling on a major cliff hanger!!! (Cue dramic biwa music now.) You guys did really great and followed alot of the leads excellently. There were some situations that I thought might go a different way, but no one took those routes. Honor was preserved all around for the most part.

There are alot of loose ends I know. What do you do now? Who will listen? Are there Rokgani accomplices? Who are the gaijin working with the Spider? Who are the Spider? Etc...

All of this will be revealed eventually either in the next chapter or in the next L5R Chapter.

Check the OOC threads for XP/Honor/Glory awards and lets get working on those LBS guys now.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring