Ring of Air - Stronger than Steel

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Stronger than Steel - Combat Over

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:30 am

"Domo arigato gozaimasu for treating this wound, Kuni-san. Of course you're right, this is not even slightly comparable to Hiruma-san's injury after her encounter with the Dark Power, but in this environment, we shouldn't take any chances we can avoid", Ryuichi says as he appreciates the Kuni's treatment.

Then he introduces himself in case it wasn't noticed earlier. "I am Kitsuki Ryuichi."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:16 pm

The Kuni nods his head in recognition of the sincere thanks, then resecures his belongings. "Chen-san, the duty you perform here is greatly admired by the Crab, and all those who stand vigil against the Shadowlands. I mourn the loss of your battle-sister." He reaches into his satchel to retrieve the cyphered scroll. "However, a trail of mystery, betrayal, and maho has been tracked back to here. The tsukai whom I slew had this scroll on her, the only one not riddled with maho. It is in a code I understand not, and is also labeled with the mon of a Spider. Could you interpret such a thing?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:16 pm

Chen nods to the Kuni "High praise from the Crab, domo arigato Kuni-san." He then takes the scroll and inspects it, he traces his finger around the Spider Mon. "We have been trying to break this same cipher for months now with no luck. It is very difficult, but I can tell you this Mon is one we have seen of late." He motions for anyone to sit that isn't. He then points at the harbor area of the city, "Since the war that destroyed Otosan Uchi the goblins and other beasts that leak into this place from the spirit realms that were opened up during the fighting have ever sought to totally destroy those pure that remained. While men and woman such as the Yotsu who refused to leave have fought against these beasts. We are not alone in this duty, the Unicorn stationed at West Hub Village do battle against the dark forces, and a small band of ronin do so as well, so to the Tortoise Clan along the north peninsula. From time to time Mantis ships would arrive to drop off supplies or test their young samurai. Well things changed about six months ago. The Shadowland forces suddenly withdrew. They simply stopped attacking us. This peace was only the calm before the storm. They soon returned full force, more organized, and with The Lost leading them now. Since that time I have seen this Spider Mon among their leaders perhaps half a dozen times. They have sacked our supply lines, stolen our weapon caches, and have evaded our patrols and... slipped out into the Empire at large we fear. Without the dilligent work of the Unicorn troups in West Hub Village I fear they would have escaped into Rokugan in much larger numbers. But as it stands the horsemen of the Unicorn rarely are out run." He pauses a moment to point at the weapon. "This is just one of many blades stolen from our dead, or our caches. It was perhaps a month ago, maybe more, that we noticed shipments of rice arriving in the city and heading to the harbor area. Just last week we sacked one of these shipments and instead of rice, we found weapons in the crates. All manner of weapons, Crane blades, Mantis bows, Crab onos, you name it, we've found it. However mostly among the weapons are daisho, katana and wakizashi of Rokugan. All of these shipments, the rice and the weapons have all ended up here." He stabs a finger on a pier, 'Red Leaf Pier'. "So too are the Lost, and these... Spider samurai, if you can call them that. If you come looking for answers, then you'll want to go there, but I warn you, as competent as you all appeared to be, you will not survive long there. Our scouts have reported such a great number of bakemono, oni and The Lost there, that your small force will be no match."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:07 am

The Kuni sits back on his heels with a stunned look. While the Crab fight daily on the Wall to prevent the Tainted from having free reign in Rokugan, here sits a festering sore that no one knew about. Or if they knew of it, did not broadcast the danger to the Clans at large. "Yes, that makes a great deal of sense, Yotsu-san. The reason that many of these samurai had caught wind of this scheme was the theft of their weapons, which was tracked back to a false shipment of rice. The convoluted trail led back to Otosan Uchi. I had supposed it was a small group, not the tail of a great conspiracy." He takes a moment to look around at the others, taking in their reactions. "But whom to tell? The Crab can not easily afford a strike force to send, there is no Emperor to rally the Clans, and few others that would quickly gather much strength to assist should they even believe on our words."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

"This is indeed a predicament Kuni-san" Umeko replies in a low voice before lowering her head to the map below. "If their numbers are truly as strong as Chen-sama suggests then this clearly poses a great threat to the empire. Our task in this has to be to draw the attention of those with power to the problem." she looks around at those seated around the table a shiver running down her spine before continuing. "I know little of politics except that Courtiers will only draw attention to an issue if such will benefit them, directly or indirectly. And as none of us commands sufficient status to even speak to those with the power to alter the situation we will need to find someone who has an interest in taking up the probllem, altough I have no idea who that could be!" she says deeply distressed at the prospect.
Big Pimpin...

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:21 am

"Given the circumstances though I would think there are magistrates in Toshi Ranbo that would want to hear about this." Kijuro replies shaking his head as he looks at spider mon once again.

"These spider are clearly whomever they are need to be brought to some form of justice. And given their numbers you have given us I would agree that going into there alone would likely not bode well for us. The question is do we go back, and report what we know to a magistrate, or make some attempts to search ourselves, see if we can find a head to this snake, and stop it's body from moving."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 13, 2010 7:10 pm

The Yotsu nods to Kijuro, "Our scouts can take you to the edge of their held territory if you want to see it for yourselves. We have noticed some increased activity, so it would be prudent perhaps to take another look." He checks his map, "If for nothing else but to update our intelligence."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:12 pm

Umeko looks at Kijuro before again turning to the Yotsu "The problem is that said magistrate in Tosh Ranbo neither has the authority nor power to send the required troops. But I would agree that we look at the situation ourselves first before we decide where we want to go from here."
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Jan 13, 2010 8:43 pm

"I agree with Hiruma-san on this. After we know exactly what we're dealing with we can report back to the authorities. Perhaps if there are enough conspicuous statement someone will act", Ryuichi says.

ManWithDoor

Post by ManWithDoor » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:48 pm

Kuni Zenko sighs, squaring his shoulders to firm his resolve. "Yes, at the very least a scouting mission to more fully understand the situation would be a necessity. If it would benefit the Yotsu in return, all the better. When would be the best time to make such an attempt? I bow to your greater understanding of the region and tactical outlook."