Ring of Air - Magistrates at Midnight

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Ring of Air - Magistrates at Midnight

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:09 pm

After Midnight, The Month of the Horse, 1169, Toshi Ranbo

After a hard won battle in an abandoned warehouse, our heroes have defeated the hemin and ronin thieves, recovered a cache of stolen weapons, and made an antidote for the Nightsilk Poison they were suffering from.

The Crane and the Mantis leave the warehouse to find themselves a temple for their wounds of body and spirit. The Crab and the Scorpion choose to seek out a magistrate of the city to report the crimes too. The pair are new to the city, and so finding a magsitrate willing to see them at this night time hour might be hard. There are known magistrate stations near the center of the town, closer to the Imperial Palace, or near the various gates. Both are about equal distance from your current location, which one will these two seek.

This thread breaks from the main thread after the group defeats the hemin and the ronin Fusawara in the old warehouse. It is for Umeko and Sierei only.
Last edited by Vardaen on Thu Feb 04, 2010 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Ring of Air - Magistrates at Midnight

Post by mackaber » Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Umeko looks at the Scorpion pondering their options, a small smile playing across her pretty face: "So we are he only ones willing to abide to the law while others deal with their petty problems then? I know of a magistrate station located near the city gate, surely they won't be too busy and will be loath to turn down a Samurai-ko in distress?" with that she combs aside her hair and gives Sirei a soft look of dispair.
Big Pimpin...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:31 pm

"Hai, Hiruma-chan. The Crane are to worried about looking pretty and the former Wasp are born of dishonor. Why should we expect them to put there duty to others first. We are opposite heads of the same coin Hiruma-chan. We both have a higher understanding of our duty than those of other clans.

What separates us is the difference in the duties that we uphold. Your clan's duty is to defend the wall and through that all of Rokugan from incursions of the shadowlands.

While my clan's duty is to keep those who would destroy the Empire from the inside from achieving their goals. But because of the natures of our duty we have little time for petty games and courtly games. However if court is where we must be to achieve our duty then we will use anything we can against the enemies we face. We are therefore looked down upon by all others.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:49 am

Umeko listens interestedly as the Scorpion monoloues, then as he finishes none too politly inquires: "So shall we depart?"
Big Pimpin...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:55 am

"Hai, I believe we should." The scorpion follows the Crab as he does not know this city as well as he should.
Here, you hold this jar of acid and the rattlesnake. I've got to hop on the unicycle and get this chainsaw revved up.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:55 am

The Crab and the Scorpion begin to head for the Magsistrate station near the city gates. Umeko has the traveling papers that were found in the warehouse. The going is very slow, for Seirei's wounds prevent him from moving quickly. While courtly games and petty things like purity might mean little to the pair, Seirei is covered in the flith of battle, and his wounds prevent him from moving good. Appearing as such, before the magistrates may make your point, but it will certainly be insulting to show up, covered in death before someone of higher station.

The pair eventually, an hour (120mins) later spot the magistrate station up ahead, Phoenix Clan guards at their posts.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jan 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Umeko gives the Scorpion a sympathetic look and regards her own small blessure, then says: "I think it might be of advantage if you waited outside for a bit, as bolody as you are. I will be back shortly."
Big Pimpin...

EvilMonkey
Level 12
Level 12

Post by EvilMonkey » Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:40 pm

"Hai... that seems understandable... Hiruma-chan." His voice is somewhat strained. However the grimace of pain is hidden neatly by his mask. "I do not wish to make this night any more difficult for anyone..." Seirei stands waiting...

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jan 14, 2009 7:49 pm

Leaving the Scorpion in a nearby alleyway Umeko makes her way to the magistrate station in a swift jog. Her left sleeve stained in blood, her hair a bit ruffed up, and a look of utter dispair on her pretty face she approaches the guards. Shortly before reaching the guards she stumbles but quickly rises again her posture showing a strength and determination that belies her otherwise frail frame. She stands resolutly before the guards her mine tightened all emotion lost from the perfect ivory mask so typical of her ancestry, a sparkle in her blue orbs. She bows low and speaks in the quite tone appropriate of a lady "Samas. I am Hiruma Umeko I come seeking the assistance of a Magistrate in a matter of great importance for perhaps many lives are at risk!" she remains i her bow until she is spoken too.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 14, 2009 10:27 pm

The guards standing outside the station are clearly Phoenix of the Shiba family. They stand proudly with naginata's in their hands, and daisho on their belts. One of the pair speaks in reply to Umeko, the other only looking on with interest silently sizing the woman up.

The raven black haired man is dressed in light armor of a briliant red and orange, and his obi, a pitch black is neatly folded and tied around his back. An open faced kobuto rests on his head, but his hair peaks out from under it. "The hour is late Hiruma Umeko-san that you come to seek the magistrate. Respectable samurai are at home, sleeping, yet here you come at such an hour. I wonder what matter would bring you out at such a time. I am Shiba Muketsu, Yorikki to Shiba Dorutsume-sama the Magistrate of this station. He is a respectable man, and is currently asleep, enjoying the dreams that the Kami grant to him this night. You will deal with me for now, and I shall determine if your tale is worthy of waking the Magistrate-sama from his well desrved slumber." His tone is respectful, interested, but certainly causious.