Ring of Air - Magistrates at Midnight

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Ring of Air - Magistrates at Midnight

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:05 am

The magistrate takes the scroll and looks at them with squinted eyes, "Ikoma and Isawa?" The old man looks up at Umeko with a bit of worry on his face, "Are you suggesting the Phoenix are behind this crime?" He runs a finger over the paper again, double checking and reading them.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:01 am

Kitsuki Ryuichi waits for the magistrate and the Crab to finish their conversation.
It's easy to perceive that he's uncomfortable to wait stained from the travel in front of the two.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:16 am

Umeko blushes slightly but responds quickly her voice remaining calm. "No, not in the least. I would much rather suggest that these honorable men were led to believe that they were signing travelling papers for someone delivering food to the needy. However they should be able to tell us whom it was who had these traveling papers filled out, and I would believe that this person might be responsible for, or at least knowledgable about the background of these activities."
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 1:50 am

The old man can sense the Dragon's uncomfortablness, but says nothing about it, no does he dismiss him. He clicks his tongue, "I will, investigate, these names. Neither one is familiar to me, but it should not be to difficult for me to gain some information on them. Perhaps Hiruma-san, you both could investigate the place the shipment was heading? It is likely more answers might be found there. It would give me some time to look into the matter locally. Does anyone else know the situation at hand?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:48 am

"Yes the group of Samurai with whom I raided the warehouse. Some of them were badly wounded and they likely sought out a temple to cleanse themselves and their weapons, a task I will ahve to perform as well. I shall seek them out and ask them if they wish to accompany us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:49 pm

"Then take them with you." He pushes back the traveling pappers, "You will want these if you are going to visit the Temple. Be creative in your investigation." He lets out a long yawn, and looks a bit surprised at himself for doing so. "I am tired, and my grand daughter will be finishing soon. I suggest you do not delay. Come and see me when you are finished, and I may have more information for you then." He looks to dismiss you both if you are finished here.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:03 pm

Umeko bows again to the magistrate. "We will do our best" she replies with a sliht wink towards the Dragon. She then rises to her feet bows once more and thanks the Shiba: "Thank you for seeing me this time of night." and turns to step out of the room.
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:41 pm

Kitsuki Ryuichi bows to the magistrate before standing up and leaves a mark of dirt where he sat. He follows the Hiruma outside the room and closes the shoji behind them.
"I'm pleased to meet you", he says hushed as they leave the magistrate station. "I'm Kitsuki Ryuichi. I heard that you want to return to your friends. Or do you want to go to a temple now?
I expected we leave now. I don't want to forestall something. If I'm wrong I'll edit it.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:47 pm

We should be fine. If not only the dreadfull Wrath of V the butcher will befall us ;)
The young Crab samurai-ko flashes Ryuchi a small smile that lights up her already shining features in this darkest of nights even more, while her blue green eyes seem to study his appearance. If she is at all set aback by the Kitsuki's mottled appearanceshe does not show it in the least. With a slight bow she introduces herself speaking in a voice as sweet as a plum in high summer "And I am Hiruma Umeko and I am likewise honored to make your aquaintance. If you would not mind I would need to visit a temple. I have a wound I could not leave untended when going on longer travels and some heimin scum befouled my Daisho." The last sentence comes out of her mouth in his her soft voice taking on a hard quality.
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:18 pm

Ryuichi doesn't need to think twice: "Of course, Hiruma-san. We will go there first." He glances at her wound. "But your wound isn't too bad. It is more a shallow cut than a wound. But I'm not a healer. So who am I to tell what is best for yourself, Hiruma-san. Though you're right. If a heimin touched your daisho it has to be cleansed."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."