Ring of Air - Magistrates at Midnight

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Ring of Air - Magistrates at Midnight

Post by mackaber » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:28 pm

Umeko gives the Kitsuki a sceptic look then replies her voice still filled with spite: "If you think me a weakling then say so openly Ryuchi-san. I might be travelling dirty roads for the next few days. One musn't be a healer to know that open wounds should be treated before a long journey." with that Umeko heads off out of the magistrates station with quick steps. Her body language clearly indicating that she does not care if the Dragon will accompany her or not.
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:58 pm

Ryuichi hastes behind her. "I'm sorry Hiruma-san. I didn't intend to say something like that. I only compared your wounds toward the ones of your comrades you told the magistrate about in the station. You said some of them were badly wounded. I wouldn't dare to insult a steady Crab samurai with mere words hidden in riddles or sayings. I apologize for my poor chosen words."
Geez, great start from my side.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:38 am

Umeko does not reply to Ryuchi she merely raises an eyebrow his way and strides on purposefully perhaps slowing just slightly keepin an eye out for a temple.
It's all good. You're just gonna have to wrk extra hard from now to make Umeko your friend ;)
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 12, 2009 2:53 am

Lets not get at each other already! I'm sure it wasn't meant as such. Besides, its a compliment to suggest that a wound, evne a good sized one, is nothing to a Crab Samurai, they can take a licking and keep on ticking

I'm going to narate this to keep it moving.

The Crab and the Dragon seek the nearest temple, a small shrine to Shinsei the Little Brother that isn't but a few blocks away. At this hour only one lamp is lit, but the pair finds a female monk, with head shaved, and a Crow Tattoo on it, awake tending to the shrine. The pair spends a short while seeking her aid, and eventually Umeko has her wound healed, and her weapon cleaned and the tainted touch of the hemin removed. The pair speak again, and its clear the Dragon was not insulting the Crab about such a wound, and it could even be taken as a compliment to her hardiness.

A short time later the pair leave the Shrine, still in need of a bath, but the immpurities the Crab's weapon is washed away along with her wound (which remains sore, but closed).
Healed 6 Wounds. Meaning Umeko has 2 wounds left.

Please go to the Inn now so we can all meet back up.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:04 am

After having her woud healed Umeko thanks the Monk speaks prayers to the Kami and makes a donation as she exits. As she stands before the temple with Ryuchi she adresses the Kitsuki her tone cool but respectful: "Let us return to the Inn. I hope we can find the other Samurai there, if not we should investigate there a little."
I'm really not trying to build up animosity here it's just that Umeko is somewhat sensitive about such issues. But time heals all wounds.
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:19 pm

During his wait Ryuichi cleans the dirt from his cloths, spends a few coins and makes his prayers. As Hiruma Umeko leaves the temple to return to her friends he agrees silently with her and follows her lead.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:08 pm

The pair leave the temple, a few bu find their way into the offering bowl of the temple from the two, a thank to the Fortune Daikoku perhaps. The pair then cross the city in the cover of darkness, Umeko leading the pair to the House of Lost Ambition, an out of the way Inn in the Okura District of the city. Arriving from the outside the duo can see a light is still on inside.

Opening the door...
Alright, I'm going to move you both to the main thread! Nicely done. Watch for XP awards in the OOC thread.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring