Discipline of Black Magic: With Friends Like These

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Discipline of Black Magic: With Friends Like These

Post by mackaber » Wed Mar 31, 2010 6:28 pm

Halil returns to his home a bit worried that his work is not being respected here after all he had set this up perfectly and had all the cards in his hands to make the custom's official nothing but his puppet surely murdering him now would not benefit the Qabal greatly, unless they had already positioned a sucessur and he sure hoped that sucessor would not be Fesal for he enjoyed his line of work far too much to get stuck in a dead end job like this.
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:35 pm

Wondering where all the white cats come from, Silah leaves the coffe shop. Until it's time to do his task he walks through the streets and eventually makes his way to the tree Fasal has mentioned and where the hapless infidelity of the custom officer will come to a tragic end.

And with the certainty that Fesal's an asset to them he may have to make sure that the servant, who seems to be more than a mere servant, doesn't get involved in his task. Since he's valuable Silah won't have to be held responsible if something happens to Fesal.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:46 pm

Both men leave the little coffee shop and begin making their preparations for tomorrow. Halil will need to make sure his master takes his normal walks down to the cherry tree, and that the Ra'shari girl is there as well, even though he's never actually met the woman, and doubts that she even exsists.

Silah heads down to the location to scout the area and make himself familiar with it. Knowing the lay of the land will make his assassination that much simpler.
I'm going to move Silah back into his other thread to make things a bit cleaner. Things are going to get rolling here as we are almost at "Today"
This Thread Exits Here: Jinn and Juice
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Driving his master out of his home in the evening is a rather simple affair as a few subtle indications such as flowers in his shopping cart which clearly are not intended for her and the apparation of a beautiful young woman hiding in the garden in the evening hours have the custom's officials wife on edge even as he arrives home. Seeking distraction and solitude, from his wifes screams, Fesal is rather confident that his master will seek out the Cherrytree this night.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:33 pm

Just so this runs as I'm picturing it. The goal will be to get both master and mistress out of the building to the cherry tree. Just so we aren't confused on things.
Halil is making his way back to the house, he's planning how to get both the master and the mistress of the house out of the house. Half way home a woman slips up next to Halil walking along side of him. She smiles at the young Qabal Agent and her movements are almost feline as she strides along side of him. She is dressed in bangles and silken clothing that mark her as a Ra'shari nomad. One of the desert gypies that come sometimes to Medinaat al-Salaam. "I am Shalimar, you are Fesal? Yes?" She smiles at the young man, "I am told tomorrow night I am meet a man, your master, to speak to him about taxes on my people entering the city yes? The woman told me you could tell me where to be to make this deal?" She smiles a coy smile, what he knows or doesn't know is hard to tell.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:48 am

Halil smiles giving the woman a good look over: "Yes indeed I can my dear. This will repuire a bit more discretion as it is a delicate affair as you know. But you will find him on the morrow near a beautiful cherry tree..."
Halil goes on to escribe the trees exact location.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:39 pm

Shalimar, unaware of her role to play smiles and thanks Halil. "Thank you, the Fates bless you and may your camels always be happy." She slips off into the streets almost dancing as she goes.

Tomorrow everything will change...
I need to let 2 of the other threads catch up, you on temp break till they do. Sorry, its the downfall of doing things like this I guess.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:30 pm

"There is danger in relying on prophecy, but there is more in fulfilling it."
- Enala

Today...

The Lord Sun, the Usuper of Shilah, the Treader of the Heavens, the Watchful Eye has risen high and fast this morning. The heat of the Burning Sands is ever hot, but today promises to be more so than normal. Many tales are woven into a single carpet on this day. A tale that was started years ago reaches a new chapter, and this scribe is happy to begin the telling of it.

Today is the day that Halil, as Fesal must convince the Mistress of the house that her husband is truely cheating on her, and that he plans to meet his adulterer by the cherry tree near the river -- right where Silah is waiting for them.

The Qabal Agent finds that the house is already on edge, so much insinuation, so much mistrust, this house is ready to rip itself apart, and no one suspects Halil is behind it all.
Figure some RP with the wife, and the goal here is to get her and then the master to fall into the assassin's trap in the evening.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:14 pm

Fesal, merely a humble servant today returns from work around the usual early evening hours, but today insteaad of retreating into is private quarters seeks out the mistress of the house. When he finds her he steps forward his gaze lowered and speeks his voice timid "Mistress. Your husband bade me to excuse him this evening he still has important duties to attend to until late this day..." the man stutters a bit at the last words and then bows so as if to excuse himself.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:06 pm

"Wait Fesal." The woman begins to pace her room, her veils hang around her face and shoulders in a delicate manner. She is a good woman, kind and nice to the servants, never harsh or scolding even when mistakes are made by them. She has however been growing more and more hardened, more and more easily furstrated, and its all because, Fesal knows, her husband is 'having an affair'. "You are a good man Fesal, and one with a kind heart. Can you... can you tell me the truth. Please I must know. It is no secret around here that my husband and I have been fighting. Is he really working late? You would know, you are his most trusted friend since your arrival a few months ago. Is... is he going to meet that whore?!" Her last word is so strong, so bold, so shocking that it jolts the conversation like being spit on by a camel.