Discipline of Black Magic: Customs and Traditions

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 10, 2010 12:39 am

Image "When all you have is a hammer, everything starts looking like a nail."
- Chandra
Two Nights Ago...

In a dark back alley of Medinaat al-Salaam, the Jewel of the Desert, stands a veiled woman all in black. Her slender form is drapped in black silks from head to foot showing only her eyes. Her eyes pierce the darkness almost like lamps as she stands motionless watching the alley awaiting the arrival of the young assassin Silah ibn La-Ahad. Her hand rests on the handle of a Dhul Figar knife, the traditional dueling knife of the Assassins.

The nameless assassin waits for the arrival of the young man who has proven himself both ruthless and effective in his work over the last few months. Silah steps into view in the mouth of the alley...
This is the solo adventure for Silah the Assassin character for Hayabusa. This game will move along and join the other threads in a Rolling Thunder style (just like the way the LBS CCG was released!) Please make sure you post a good phsyical description of your character here. (And fill out age, height and weight on your char sheet please)
Last edited by Vardaen on Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Discipline of Black Magic: Customs and Tradations

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:29 am

As Silah steps into the back alley, for a second he is abrely visible because of the black, wide cloak that cover hiss features at night. Of course he only wears this garment only at night since it would draw too much attention in broad daylight. With quick and firm steps he walks down the alley and fora afew moments one could see the item of clothing worn undernetah the wide cloak. The beige, sleeveless coat with black and silver edging around shoulders almost touches the ground as the slitted lower part swirls around his legs. The tunic beneath it, a finely woven cloth of sandlile color and is visible at his arms and at his legs. His boots, gauntlets and broad belt, which covers almost his whole abdomen, are manufactured from durable, dark brown leather. Belt and gauntlets are decorated with a fine stitchwork of a single thread which composes a pattern interwoven geometric forms. The assassin's pair of fighting knives are secured in their sheaths. One is attached to the belt at the hip and the other one slightly on his back, its handle easily accessable for him if he reaches under his left arm. The brown leather straps encircle his torso and meet in front of his chest at a finely decorated ivory buckle. Another pair of smaller blades are positioned on both sides of the belt. Silah's face is hidden under a wide hood and only visible if directed at somebody.

Without a word he walks up to the woman and stops a few meters in front of her. The tanned skin of his face only visible to her. "I hope you didn't waste too much time waiting for me," he says in a low, deep voice.
Sheet's done.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:53 pm

"Not much." She doesn't move, and hardly seems to breath even. Her voice comes out like silk blowing on sand. "I have orders for you from our masters. Apparently you have proven youself resourceful enough to catch their eye. Personally I'm not so sure, I could hear you coming two blocks away." She blinks both her eyes at once slowly and those beacons being closed almost seem to make her vanish from sight. "Don't ask too many questions and do this job and there is perhaps a place for you after all in the Order."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:58 am

"Ah, yes. Sometimes it's not useful to be but a shadow. Especially when you're certain that people see you. It would only draw unwanted attention. The people are curious when they can see you and it was hardly unavoidable at this part of the town, where fools get drunk and drugged at night," Silah says, explaining his noisy appearance.

"I do not dare to questions those superior to me, since I know what happen to those that do. What is it they want me to do?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:14 pm

The woman's eyes suggest she doesn't believe Silah's explaination but she says nothing to the man. "They want you to do a job you have been trained for. Now listen to my story closely." She begins to tell a tale, the story is obviously more than it seems. "In two days a very important customs offical shall come upon his wife murdering his lover. The tragic tale will end with all three of them dead and the Qadi will find that in his rage he slew his wife and then took his own life. Such a terrible event, such a waste of life."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:39 pm

"Yes. Love is such a tragic thing. So fragile," Silah says. "It is very sad what people can do when the lose something so precious to them. Is there anything else about this tragic story or has this been all?"

Of course the superior assassin doesn't believe his words. He would've failed to be silent anyway. At least to her.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:18 pm

She smiles with her eyes behind that black veil. "I am glad you understand. Tomorrow evening you should seek out the man Fesal, the personal assitant of the Customs Offical. He can provide you with details of where and when our lovers shall be, and how best to time thing. He frequents a small out of the way coffee shop in the southern end of town. You know the one, often times the man known as The Dealer will visit it." She speaks of a place that Silah does know about, but rarely if ever visits.
Last edited by Vardaen on Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:41 am

"I am very grateful for your guidance and notification. It's not very often I get my information from those who are more advanced than I am. Most of the time the initiates run errands and I have to deal with their impatience and thirst for knowledge. But I'm afraid I'm just like them to you as they are to me," Silah says and pauses for a few seconds memorizing and thinking.

"I'll better be gone now. You certainly have more interesting things to deal with." With these words her turns, letting his face, tanned like the rest of his skin from the merciless sun of the Burning Sands, vanish from her sight.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:58 pm

The woman slips away into the darkness even as Silah does the same. Only a small white cat sitting on a nearby barrel has been witness to the conversation.
We'll have a tiny pause here until the other thread catches up some. Feel free to make one more post if you like.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Discipline of Black Magic: Customs and Traditions

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:05 pm

** Yesterday **

Silah has been given an task, and he must meet with his contact today in a small out of way coffee house located in the southern area of town. According to what information Salih can gather this coffee house is known for having excellent sugar dates, private atmosphere and bad coffee. The young assassin is looking for man named Fesal as he arrives at the coffee house.
Sorry for the long delay here, your vacation was good timing. You will be joining Mackaber's thread "With Friends Like These".
This Thread Exits: With Friends Like These