Discipline of Black Magic: Sipping Jinn and Juice

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Discipline of Black Magic: Sipping Jinn and Juice

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:36 pm

The theme of your post looks great! Using Hakim's Seal to summon a Jinn I think you did just right.

Rank 1 Jinn Spell: 5k3 vs Master Rank 1 = TN 15 = 26 Success
Gain +2k0 for Commerce with Jinn

As far as abilities that might help you here: Illusion and Infulence are what I was thinking of personally. Influence Rank 2 is pretty nice being able to tell the guards what they are seeing! Of cours Illusion with some raises to make the cargo appear and feel like what you want it to is also great.

I'm going to say this is a Mystical Jinn
So: Based TN 5
+1Str +5
+1 Per +5
Table A2.4 Ability Type: Control +5
Table A2.8: Illusion Mastery 1 +5
=TN25

Spend Void on the Roll 7k4 vs TN 25 = 40 Success (1 Exploding Die)

Success! I've filled out the missing entries for this Jinn below. Apparently it finds out alot about your dreams and then tricks you into believing they are coming true until it breaks them causing much pain and heartache. The stats I filled out were totally random rolls as per the Jinn Appendix.
Jinn of Broken Dreams (TN 25)
Mystical Jinn (Minor Jinn)
Air: 2 (Reflexes 3)
Earth: 2
Fire: 2
Water: 3
Void: 2
Roll When Attacking: 4k2
Rolls for Damage: 5k3
TN to Be Hit: 15
Wounds Per Level: 4
Protections: None
Abilities: (4)
Control - Mastery Level 1 Illusions
Celestial - Mastery Level 2 Astrology
Celestial - Master Level 3 Farsight
Celestial - Mastere Level 3 Divniation
Invincible (See Jinn Appendix))
Shapeshifting (See Jinn Appendix)

Combat Bonuses: None
Skills/Advantages: (40 Points)
Divination 3
Spellcraft 2
Storytelling 2
Theology 2
Commerce 3 (Base 3, No Point Cost)
Defense 3
Deceit 4
Stealth 2
Lore: Jinn 2
Meditation 1
Brawling 3 (Base 2, No Point Cost)

Dangerous Beauty (2) Gain +2k0 on every Deceit Roll made against males.
Negotiating With Jinn
Days Worth of Service +10TN
Contested Commerce Skill

Emir's Roll 9k3+4 = 39 (1 Exploding Die)
Jinn's Roll 5k2 = 13

Emir is Successfull!

We'll RP this out but you'll win it in the end.
Emir begins his work, tracing the Seal around the ruins in the mystical silver sand provided. He checks and double checks inner and outer rings, and prepairs himself. Reaching into the void he manipulates Hakim's Seal in the air granting himself an insight into minds of the Jinn that are to come. With Hakim's Seal prepaired in his mind, and on the sand, he sits and begins with one last drink of water.

It takes three hours of chanting, manipulation of the Seal, and ritual tasks to bring about the result. Rising up in the middle of the circle is a tiny collum of smoke. With no fire the smoke indicates a Jinn being summoned. As the smoke rises higher and higher it begins to take the form of a slender blue skinned woman drapped with silken veils of crimson over her shoulders, chest, hips and thighs. Her hair is a mane of smokeless fire that ripples behind her sending up waves of heat that shimmer and dance in the light of day. Floating up into the air crosslegged she settles lightly down on the sand in the center of the circle. "Who is it that summons me in under the light of Lord Sun?" She narrows her eyes and gazes at Emir with a hint of seduction in them.
Possible Emir picture?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:20 pm

"It is I Emir Al'Azzam." Emir replies smiling knowing that he had gotten a Jinn on his first attempt.

"I have a task I need completed, and would like to barter for your services in performing it for me."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 31, 2010 5:23 pm

"Who? I have never heard of you? Are you some welp playing at game, or a true man of power in this world. Let me look at you." The barely dressed Jinn gazes long at Emir, her vision blurry, her celestial insight doing it job. "I see you are a man with some potential, perhaps the power to do as I need. I will barter with you Emir Al'Azzam, for two things. First for this task you desire, we shall speak of that. Then we shall speak of a task I have for you." She smiles arms folded over her blue skinned chest with its barely there silken veils.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:10 pm

"Then I think you greatly underestimate my power Jinn." The Sahir replies. "I have the power to send you back to where you came from if I so choose. However I don't think that will be necessary." Emir states in a strong tone, smiling as he finishes.

"I will listen to your task, however I shall make no agreements before hearing what said task is. And I shall expect you to keep the task I require of you to secrecy. What I need of you is not to be spoken about after we have completed the work at hand."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:42 pm

The Jinn smiles, "Secret tasks is it? My favorite. Let us bargan over your desires first, then I shall ask my boon of you later. Please, what was it that you summoned me, The Jinn of Broken Dreams, here for young Sahir?" Her body almost seems to float into the air slightly, perhaps only a quarter of an inch off the ground, its hard to tell, but she appears lighter somehow as the wind whips through the ruins blowing sand about.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Thu Apr 01, 2010 6:34 pm

Emir nods. "There is a caravan that will be coming through here later tonight. When they arrive we're going to join them and head into Medinaat al-Salaam. Shortly before arriving however I'm going to need you to disguise the shipment..." Emir pauses a moment to make sure the Jinn is listening then continues after a few seconds.

"The guards are to think that what we will be carrying are stolen Senpet artifacts. From there I'll be making sure the shipment gets into the right persons hands."

"Your job will be to come with me, disguise yourself, and to disguise the shipment for me. This is the task I require of you."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:18 pm

"Decite and illusions? I can do this for you, in fact I may enjoy it. I ask for one thing in return for this difficult and dangerous task. Tonight, allow me to watch your dreams. This is all I ask of you fair Sahir." She bats her eyelashes at you.
The wagons are coming through tomorrow really, so you have time to sleep, etc

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Apr 02, 2010 12:38 am

"I will allow you to watch them." Emir replies "Under the condition that you are not to alter my dreams in any way."

"Is this the task you had for me? Or is there something else that is on your mind?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:32 pm

The Jinn smiles widely, "We have a bargain then, I shall watch your dreams and in exchange I shall do this task of altering the caravan's items for your silly city guards." She licks a finger running it across his lips, "Oh no I have more one thing I would ask, not as part of our bargain. I would ask that in one months time you summon me again to allow me to watch the dreams of a person of whom you trust or respect. A simple thing really."

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:09 pm

Emir pauses a moment thrown off a bit by the Jinn's touch, and instinctively licks his own lips without even thinking about it.

"My dreams are one thing, but another are not so easy to bargain for. What would you offer in return for such a deed?"