Discipline of Black Magic: Caravan Trails

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Discipline of Black Magic: Caravan Trails

Post by mackaber » Thu May 06, 2010 9:36 pm

Fesal replies to the odd woman in his always friendly attire: "Yes of course effendi. I can highly recommend a small shop in the city it's sugar dates are perhaps the best in town..." he goes on to describe to her how she can find the little coffee shop where she likely will find someone who needs to talk to her...
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri May 07, 2010 9:53 pm

Emir, one of the men that remains has done his job and has nothing left to do here. The Jinn is dismissed and she walks off into the shadows and simply vanishes from sight on stepping into them! Emir follows her lead taking his exit and heading in a more mundane manner into the streets of the Jewel of the Desert.

Fesal gives Asami some directions and the Rokugani woman bows, "Domo Arigato. Perhaps we shall meet again." With that she also takes her leave of the square heading off into the city to meet her companions at the caravanserai.

It leaves only Fesal and Silah standing in the darkness, a lone city guard watching lazily over the warehouse to the side. If the two have anything to say to one another now is the time, but the hour is late and the Assassin has done his job.
Alright! We basically are done with the Prelude for the Disciple of Black Magic (Or Chapter 2)! This was pretty fun for me trying to weave your various threads into one story while trying to give you guys each a spotlight on your talents.

Feel free to chat or stick aroundn now if you like, but the plot is over in this chapter. I'm going to award XP (watch the OOC threads) and gear up for the start of the next section of this chapter. It will start one week from today (ICly that is, not RL). I'm hoping can get it rolling on Monday. There is still something going on in the sewers beneath the warehouse (not sure if anyone is reading the other thread or not, but I suggest you check our MWD's thread for atleast the last few posts if you haven't so you know what's up!)

Everyone I thought did a great job showcasing their characters, getting ito the mood of the setting, and generally dealing with a crazy GM :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed May 12, 2010 1:54 pm

"So, Fesal, how come you worked for the customs officer?" Silah asks now that the other people left the place. "Ah no, wait. You probably cannot tell me. But that's fine. After all, I'm but a servant and do what I'm told to do."

The assassin is not sure what he can says to the man and what's left to talk about. "I don't know why, but you seem to have good friends." He would've killed the customs officer's servant as well, since he met Silah at the coffee shop, but he can say why he should not. If the man had been killed he won't be able to secure the caravan. So the assassin deduces that the cargo was of importance to the Assassins or their allies like Fesal.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed May 12, 2010 2:48 pm

Fesal smiles his ever pleasant smile "Why of course I can... my cousin died in dramatic circumstances a few monhs ago he was the custom's officer's attendant. I came to visit and pay homage to the man who meant so much to my cousin and he decided it would be best if I took my cousin's place. An odd coincidence isn't it?"
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Wed May 12, 2010 4:54 pm

"If you want to call it odd," Silah says, avoiding to shrug at Fesal's comment. "There are more dramatic circumstances in Medinaat-al Salaam one can imagine. That's not all to his replacement, is it? YOu certainly are a smart man and I wonder if you left your previous employer for this homage. At least I think you'd be a great loss for anyone."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 12, 2010 6:17 pm

The two men speak for a few minutes, but then Fesal makes it clear he has work to do to prepair for his masters 'return', which never comes of course. Silah's veiled threats do not go unnoticed and he takes his leave confident he's acted in the best interest of the Assassins.

Someplace in the darkness, near the row of palm trees across the square a small white car strolls in and out of the tree trunks. With a soft *meow* it leaps up the nearby wall and vanishes into the darkness of the night.
This thread is now offically sealed and locked! You guys did great. I'll reopen a new thread soon to continue the game 1 week later with everyone collected once more to continue the story.

I have awareded XP and opened a Comment thread. If you want to spend your XP please work on that now, and please drop a comment on the OOC if you haven't if you'd like to.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring