Discipline of Black Magic: Caravan Trails

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Discipline of Black Magic: Caravan Trails

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:10 pm

If you wanted to have any conversation with Asami, now is the time to try and get information out of the Spider Monk if you care. If not we can roll on to the evening.
Asami nods, "A Jinn, I have heard no tell of them. She looks to me like an Oni, a demon creature from where I come. I shall do my best to not upset her if she is to bring our goods into the Jewel of the Desert." She looks around at the ruins and then sits with her back to the stone, "Tell me of this city Emir-san, I have limited knowledge of your home." Her accient makes her words slow and difficult to understand at times.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:49 pm

I'm cool with zooming ahead, partially to let the others get involved here too...

I don't see Emir too much as the inquisitive type, but I'm sure he'd ask questions about Rokugan, though he'd fully avoid any extraneous questions about the mission they're on.

Given the secret nature of what they're to be doing he'd assume the less he knows about what's actually going on the better.

I don't know a ton of info about the city, surely not as much as Emir does, but I would assume that she'll surely have questions that Emir would be happy to answer unless she asked something that has to do with the Quabal that he's not entitled to talk about.
"It is an amazing place, Medinaat al-Salaam." Emir replies. "Known to many as the Jewel of the Desert, the City of a Thousand Stories, the City by the River, and far too many other names to mention..

Emir continues describing the city, it's people and the customs of his people. After his brief description of the city he goes a but further into their culture, describing food, and the typical daily life here in Medinaat al-Salaam.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:40 pm

The day passes, and Emir and Asami speak about the city and what she could expect within. The Saher gives away nothing of the Qabal, but still he is informative enough for the woman's likeing. She asks questions about the Scorpion and the Moto mostly, and seems less interested in the events about the local factions or internal struggles of the different groups within, save that of the Jackal. When the time arrives you join the wagons, the drivers are loading up now, and standing at the head wagon you find yourself, Asami and the Jinn of Broken Dreams.

"Shall we?" The Jinn asks, and Emir nods.

The wagons roll forward toward Medinaat al-Salaam and when you are about half way there the Jinn's form begins to change. She turns from the blue skinned woman into a dark skinned one. She appears with slight Ra'shari features, but her dress is that of the locals within the city. It isn't for a few minutes before Emir realizes he recoginizes the Jinn. She has changed herself into a woman from his dreams last night. Apparently spying on his dreams has had some outcome. With a smile the Jinn then looks to the wagons, "Come, I am ready."

The three wagons roll forward down the road right up to the gate. As predicted the guards there block the way. "Halt Effendis! State your name, your business, and your cargo."

Both woman (and the drivers), look to Emir to answer and take the lead on this from here.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:30 am

Emir Smiles as the group collectively looks at him. Given that he needs the guards to search the cargo to see hopefully what the Jinn had described it as he should hopefully just make sure they properly search it.

While he's certain that tricking the guards may be a bit different than bartering with a Jinn or a merchant. But he's certain he can get them to look at the cargo.

"Emir, Effendi, We travel from far off lands to deliver... uhh.. to deliver some spices. Yes, spices." He states intentionally pausing to stumble his words, as if thinking of what their cargo could be.
I'm guessing we've had the Jinn alter the appearance already correct?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:45 pm

Not yet, but dont' worry.
The city guard glances from Emir to his companion. "Spices you say?" He sucks his teeth and steps forward, "Why then, you won't mind if I take a look at your cargo would you?"

The Jinn sitting on the seat of the lead wagon looks a touch nervous, playing up on Emir's gambit. "Oh, you don't need to do that. It's all very legal and proper." She reaches out and touches the guard on the shoulder who glances up at the woman, unaware that she's a Jinn under the disguise. "I think I better check just in case." He walks around to the rear of the wagon and turns to Emir. "Open up one of the crates." The Jinn looks to Emir and winks.

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:34 pm

Emir nods to the man and reaches over to the crate, "Yes Effendi, though it's just spices not really necessary to check."

He smiles at man, but then quickly moves to open the lid assuming the guard doesn't want to hear it. The Sahir himself can't help but wonder what the Jinn had changed these into and finds himself looking in the same as the guard.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 12:03 am

The guard laughs, "Yeah sure its spices, open it up!" Then Emir does as told by the guards and the first crate he pried open.

A glittering array of jewels and wealth assult the senses as the lid is opened. There piled on one another is a fortune in Senpent treasures. Gold ankhs, copper burial masks, porcelain ossuary jars, pieces of stone carvings with rare hieroglyphics, and copper, oh so much copper coins minted in the Senpent empire.

The guard instantly snarls at Emir, "Spices huh! This is stolen Senpent treasure isn't it? Trying to smuggle this into the city are you? Well good luck with that now. All of these wagons are being confiscated!" He whistles to the other men at the gates, "Rare antiquities, who deals with that?"

One of the guards speaks up, "Its Rasheem bin na'lim I think."

Another man steps forward, behind him not far away is a small white cat, "No no you idiot, its Fadil bin Masruq who handles Senpent stuff." The men look back and forth at one another, and nod, "Right right! Fadil."

The lead guard closes the lid on the crate, "If you want I'll allow your men to drive the wagons to the Customs Officer's place, but then you'll have to leave it until he can sort this all out. Its late already so you may have to wait till morning. Come on lets get a move on."

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Apr 23, 2010 1:23 am

Emir shuts the crate and hangs his head hoping to try and look dejected. "Yes Effendi." He replies moving in line to get the cargo moved to the custom officials office.

The Sahir isn't certain who this Fadil is, though by his guess it's someone who's currently in the payroll of the Quabal, or whomever else had arranged to have these brought in.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Apr 23, 2010 10:49 pm

The city guards hurry up and get their things together, "This way then, no more funny business or I'll call a Qadi right now." The new Qadi have a reputation of being assassins more than judges, and that is no empty threat. So the wagons are rolled off through the gate and into the city, rerouted to the proper customs officer for inspection and taxation and whatever else might happen to them. There is some proper grumbling from the drivers but the guards are expecting that and just wheel you forward a few blocks into the city.

The wagons roll forward into a small open courtyard area, to the east are a row of date trees, to the west a nice two story home, and sraight ahead is a low stable and warehouse building. As you arrive a guard heads to the door and rings the bell attached to a rope there. A few minutes later a man arrives at the door.
WELCOME Halil / mackaber to this thread as the man answering the door!
A thread arrives from here: With Friends Like These

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:03 pm

A new arrival moves along the caravan wagons, a little annoyed by the stains on his clothing. Then he stops for a second and scans the ecotic and attractive looking women. He knows that they're there just for one purpose: to distract men. Of course Silah would like to know who these exotic beauties are and where came from, because an assassin can never know enough. Like any other men he smiles at the women, but instead of being dazzled by their charm he does so because he knows it doesn't work on him. He watches the city guards in the corner of his eyes and after a few second he continues his way to the front door, pretending to remember that he has something else to do rather than admiring beautiful women.

He quickly walks up to the front door, where a man is already ringing. "Good evening effendi. Are you waiting for the customs officer?" Silah asks the obvious question.

The city guard looks to Silah, "This is city business, who are you and what do you want?" The man still waits for someone (Halil) to open the door.

Welcome Hayabusa/Silah to the main thread! We almost have everyone together!
A thread arrives from here: Customs and Traditions