Discipline of Black Magic: Caravan Trails

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Discipline of Black Magic: Caravan Trails

Post by Nate » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:28 pm

Emir nods to the new mans arrival, but says nothing as he waits for the customs official to open the door. The Sahir is still under the assumption that the man inside has been paid off, and doesn't want to get himself into any trouble with the guards himself.
Basically posting to avoid a 3 day... Emir's just waiting patiently for the door to be opened.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:59 pm

"I wanted to meet here with a friend of mine," Silah says. "He should be working here right now, although it is already that late."

He slowly scans the city guard, looking fo the man's weapons and assessing if he could take the guard out swiftly. Of course he won't do that right now, as long as the guard is no threat to him or Halil.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:23 am

The front door opens and a small and slender man with a short cropped beard wearing the simple robes of a servant and a beige turban steps in he has a pleasant smile on his face as he scans those in attendance not revealing that he may have recognized someone.

"Greetings Efendi. What can this humble servant do for you this day?"
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:52 am

Silah waits for the city guard who rang to state his business, because they were waiting before he arrived. In the meantime he pushes back the hood of his beige cloak, revealing his short, black hair and clean-shaven face, giving him a youthful appearance. Needless to say that it's intended to bring others to the conclusion that he's far more inexperienced than he actually is and allow them to underestimate him.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:09 pm

The man standing at the door is a city guard, and behind him are wagons and a small collection of people. "Good evening, I am here to see Fadil the Officer in charge of Customs. We have brought several wagons that were trying to slip into the city baring loads of goods that fall under his domain. Is he at home?" The man stands tall and proud, armored and with weapons on his belt. The other guards with him are scattered among the wagons watching and listening but otherwise not taking any action.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:44 pm

Fesal the house's servant smiles a pleasant smile "I fear he is away, altough I can not say where and when he will return but perhaps I can handle this...?"
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:31 pm

The man nods, "That would be fine. You are his house servant than?" He gets a nod and turns to the wagon, "These wagons are transporting illegal Senpent Goods, and Fadil is the man that normally handles dealing with them." He points at the stable/warehouse near by. "We shall park them in there, and lock them up until your master can come and deal with them." He whistles at the caravan drivers, "Into the warehouse!"

The drivers look to Emir and the strange foriegn woman with the man Asami. The woman wears dark robes with a white turban like wrap around her bald tattoed head. She jumps from the wagon and nods to the drivers to do as ordered. Then leaning over to Emir she whispers something, "All according to plan?", a lifted eyebrow suggests she knows the answer.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Apr 28, 2010 11:54 pm

While the wagons are driving away, Silah turns to the 'house servant'.

"Good evening. I wanted to talk about my occupation," he says when the guard is distracted with the coordination of the wagons. "Yes, I know it is already very late, but you might wanted to know it anyway."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:24 am

Fesal raises an eyebrow "What can you tell me that I do not already know Silah?"
Sorry... taking this liberty to spice things up a little...
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Apr 29, 2010 3:42 am

The assassin shrugs.

"Nothing that you don't already know or are not allowed to know, I guess. Only that I find your find confidence in me quite reassuring, since you are still in your former master's house. But you probably knew even that," he says keeping his smile, while he watches the guards. "Although I'm afraid I didn't catch your name the last time we met. And since I'm ordered not to dispose of Fesal, I'm intrigued how you know my name."

There's only a slight twitch in his right hand as if he'd like to draw his knife and slit the throat of the man who just said his name. Of course he purges the thought from his mind the second it comes up.