Disicpline of Black Magic: Secrets and Lies

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Yodotai Library - Moving Forward

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:07 pm

"Ah yes. And why didn't we do it that way?" Silah asks, after returning from laying a fire that will take half an hour to develop, so they should be out of here if they don't want to suffocate. "We could've found someone who should have been able to pull that off."
If no one else wants to post we can start the final battle, V.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Re: Yodotai Library - Moving Forward

Post by Nate » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:16 pm

Sorry again for the delay V, work has been crap yesterday and so far today.

Not only was I out, but they changed out email servers, and programs, while I was gone. The unfortunate problem is that caused my out of office reply to turn off, so I've got a ton of pissed off customers wondering why I haven't gotten back to them yet.

Hooray I love vacations.
Emir, finished searching the library waits patiently for the rest of the group, knowing there isn't much more to the structure the Sahir feels a strange sense of excitement knowing he's been able to save his more powerful spells for the end of their mission, almost assuring a quick completion, assuming the Yodotai across the next door will be just as weak as those they've made it through already.
While searching the Library Emir would have kept an eye out for any books on Jinn. Just in case.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Decimus and The Yodotai

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:27 am

No problem Nate.

Investigation Roll for Emir: vs TN 20 cause of the speed in which you were all moving: 3k3 = 8 (yuck). Nothing about Jinn found.
Silah has set a fire, it will smoulder for a while before catching; that is atleast his plan. How well that will work out you'll have to see. Asami comments to him in reply, "Because our employers didn't want it that way. It is all I can say. I assume this land lacks the proper talented people to do so." She shrugs and cares little more about the topic.

The Jinn bangs its fist on the wall, "Are we to kill these Yodotai or not Emir?" The Saher nods, "Go ahead, lead the way."

The Jinn smiles, its fists flaming it moves down the hall, everyone following, as it smashes in the door to the chamber beyond. The room beyond is large, very large compared to the rest of the complex. It serves as both training arena and audiance chamber. On the far wall is a large chair, and around the chamber are some training figures used for combat practice. Four braizers are set about the room that are giving off a smokey light into the chamber, and a stairwell rises up to the north out of the room.

There at the far side of the room are five Yodotai. They stand ready and waiting for you. Their shields are interlocked in a turtle shell like pattern. The one in the center shouts, "Here they come men! Hold fast!"

All of the other men echo back, "Yes Decimus! They will not defeat us!"

Then all five cry out a single battle shout, "VICTORY!"

Their spears point over the tops of their shields, and they form a truely powerful defensive fence.

Silah reacts first among you...
Round 1 Initiative: Yodotai 40 (2x), Silah 31 (1x), The Snake 25 (1x), Halil 16 (1x), Emir & Jinn 16, Asami 13

Their action is as described, they are in Turtle Formation, Full Defense. The guy in the middle is Decimus, their obvious leader.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Re: Decimus and The Yodotai

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:48 am

The situation actually overwhelmes Silah. He's certainly not used to attack five armored man on his own. But he quickly overcomes his hesitation and slips past the Jinn and comes to a halt behind one of the training figures. They do not seem to provide much cover, but at least the Yodotai have an obstacle in their way, as the assassin waits for his company to attack the men, too.
Move Ex4, N, N.
No attack (because it seems suicidal to attack them alone).

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 18, 2010 3:23 am

The Snake cackles quietly at seeing the final resistance. "Yes, this Decimus fellow is the leader we need to capture. Do not kill him, simply knock him out. I will make that an exceptionally easy task with my abilities. The others are simply fodder to finish off." With that he steps up behind the Jinn, plants his feet firmly, and draws yet another arcane sigil in the air. The very air seems to grow cold as life itself begins to be sucked into the occult symbol.
Move 4 East, right behind the Jinn. Use my Rank 1 ability against Decimus. Use 1 Void Point to boost the roll. I really want this to work.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 19, 2010 9:14 pm

Round 1 Initiative: Yodotai 40 (2x), Silah 31 (1x), The Snake 25 (1x), Halil 16 (1x), Emir & Jinn 16, Asami 13
Silah darts into the room and slips up behind the training target, he hopes it will give him some over verses thrown pilums, but isn't sure it will do much. He is a bit exposed now in the room all alone.

The Snake then moves up behind the Jinn, "Move." His voice hisses at the Jinn who ducks to the left allowing the Jackal Necromancer to draw the Seal in the air. Drawing on the power of undeath he unleashes a black necrontic bolt of ernergy that slams into the shield of Decimus. The Yodotain are known to be resistance to magical powers, but Decimus for all his ancestory can't withstand the attack. The enervating power sucks the life from the Yodotai crippling him! Screaming the man behind the shield is wreathed in black for a moment before sagging in his formation. "What have you done to me!?"
Silah: Move (Cover +5TN)
Snake: Move, Initiate of Undeath: Decimus Magic Resistance +10 TN, Spend Void: 6k4 = 26 vs TN 25 Success! Drained 1 Stamina, Wound Ranks Affected!
Halil, Emir and the Jinn...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:26 pm

Emir moves in quickly and tosses a quick command to the Jinn. "Move up to the side, Going into them from the front would be a death sentence."

Both the Sahir, and Jinn are too far back to move into range for combat. As Emir directs the Jinn he finishes moving up himself behind Shilah in a position that should keep the three of them from becoming surrounded.
EmirMove E,E,E,E,NE,N (2 squares W of the training Dummy, and behind Shilah

Jinn
Move NW, NW, NW (1 square N of the training dummy)

They're too far back for me to cast a spell at them, or for the Jinn to move up and attack... So looks like we're just moving this round.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:29 pm

Halil moves up behind The Snake and sets himself on the defensive even as the rest of you move into the room. Emir and the Jinn both move forward into the chamber, as does Asami. The sohei from Rokugan readies to defend herself as she does, and everyone crowds around the training target on the north side of the room.
Halil: Move, Full D
Emir, Jinn: Moves
Asami: Moves, Full D
Round 2 Initiative (ToB): Yodotai 40, Silah 32 (+1), Snake 27 (+2), Halil 21 (+5), Asami 21 (+8), Emir & Jinn 19 (+3)
The Yodotai don't move, Decimus, weak, points with his pilum over his shield, "Hold fast! They have to come to us, keep up your shields, they can't defeat us if we stand together!" The man is sagging, his stamina sapped, but he keeps his men standing in a turtle formation waiting for your to move within reach of their weapons.
Yodotai: Full Defense
Silah, The Snake and Halil...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:55 pm

Silah leaves the feeble cover and zips past the Jinn, letting his knives do the talking.
Move: NE, E.
Full attack on #3.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Aug 25, 2010 3:25 am

Aware that he has nothing he can add in the martial defeat of the Yodotai Halil decides to rely on a bit of trickery. He mumbles a few words under his breath and envisions an even more fearful and grotesque version of the Djin of slaughter and the most fear inspiring shriek it could ever muster, then he tries to make the illusion appear riht behind the Yodotai phalanx in the hopes of breaking their ranks.
Cast an illusion. Raise once for visuals and sound. Use void.
Big Pimpin...