Disicpline of Black Magic: Secrets and Lies

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Decimus and The Yodotai

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Aug 25, 2010 11:38 am

The Snake laughs in pleasure at the Yodotai's response, advancing into the room. "Hold as much as you want, child. You will all die. Surrender to the inevitable. And a special fate awaits you, Decimus. Fear, and despair at your fate!" Again he draws the same designs in the air, calling upon Powers That Should Not Be. The Seal forms, sucking the very life from reality, extending its tendrils of necromantic energy towards the wounded Yodotai, thinning their numbers.
Move into the room as much as I can while still using my ability. Repeat performance targeting #3, using a Void point for that 6k4 roll. Come on, dice! Don't fail me now.
Last edited by ManWithDoor on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:45 pm

Round 2 Initiative (ToB): Yodotai 40, Silah 32 (+1), Snake 27 (+2), Halil 21 (+5), Asami 21 (+8), Emir & Jinn 19 (+3)

I have a PM out to MWD about his action. So skipping him till he edits/replies.
Silah slips around the Jinn and rolls in under the Yogdotai's right flank, where the shield is not. The Turtle formation can't hold against the quick movements of the Assassin. His jambiya slices into the leg of the Yodotai drawing the first blood of the man.
Silah: Move, Full Att (to att): 45(1x) Hit for 14 Wounds

I assumed you wanted your FRs to attack.
Halil then stands there looking into the room and calls out, "I summon thee Jinn of the Horific Battle! Come to my calling, and do my bidding!" There is a blast of smoke and fire on the throne. Suddenly a small crumpled up looking creature forms on the seat of the chair. The Jinn is covered with barbed hooks and festing wounds. The creature laughs like a maniac and shrieks, "KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!"

Decimus looks behind him, "Break! Focus on the Sahers!"
Halil: Illusion 2 Raises: 36(1x) vs 25 Success! 'œJinn Summoned'
Asami moves forward and reaches out with two pointed fingers. Attempting some form of Rokugani combat technique she connects only with the shield the Yodotai before her while not extending herself out as far as Silah has.
Asami: Move, Kiho, Falling Star Strike #2: 20 Miss

Halil's "Jinn" is the one behind decimus and the yodotai.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:56 pm

The Jinn without waiting for further instructin moves forward quickly, laughing at the nearest Yadotai as he levels a heavy clawed punch the mans way.

Emir a bit more cautious, especially after Decimus' command to attack the Sahir, looks around quickly searching fior a slightly better defensive spot. Noting the area the Jinn had been standing in Emir turns his focus back towards the farthest of the men. "Arek'thaenor" the sahir yells at the man, a word lost to most of the worlds inhabitants for centuries.

Without waiting to see if the word had affected the man the Sahir moves back, to find a defensive position behind his Jinn, and the training dummy.
The part where the book says what the rolls are for spellcasting is cut off weird on the pdf. So I know the rolled dice are insight + ring, but I don't know the kept ammount...

JinnMove:SE
Full Atack #3 (both raises to hit)
Atk:7k2+14
Dmg:5k3

Emir Spells says I speak an old forgotton word... I hope the one I made up didn't suck to bad.

Cast Lvl 1 Death mastery (Earth) at #4
Atk:4k?
Dmg:2k2
Move:NE, E (where my Jinn currently is)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Aug 26, 2010 5:46 pm

Round 2 Initiative (ToB): Yodotai 40, Silah 32 (+1), Snake 27 (+2), Halil 21 (+5), Asami 21 (+8), Emir & Jinn 19 (+3)
The Snake steps into the room and cackles. Drawing the seal in the air he channels necrocitc energy into his hands that he releases in a bolt of black lightning that slams into the wounded Yodotai near Silah. The power of the Jackal drains the man of his life, so much so that the wounds he's already suffered are enough to cripple him sending him to the floor down and out of the fight.
Snake: Move, Unitiate of Undeath #3: Magic Resistance: +10TN, 6k4 (void) 34(1x) vs TN 25 Success! Drained 1 Stamina, Wound Ranks Effected! '€" DOWN!

His previous wounds really do a numbe ron him once his stamina is only a 1!
The Jinn moves forward leaving the downed man to his fate and changing targets to the next Yodotai in line. It punches with a flaming claw and rakes open a nice wound on the side of the Yodotai as the man isn't able to swing his shield around in time to defend himself.

Emir then shouts an ancient word in a long lost langauge, and the pain ripples through your ears, but it is one of the further Yodotai that is the true target of it. Blood seeps out the man's ears and down his neck visible under his helm. The Yodotai's ear drums have burst and he winces in pain, his eys closed against it, with a groan.
Emir: Death Magic Rank 1 vs #4 Magic Resistance +10, 5k3 (Rank/Ring) 46 (2x,1x2) Success for 15 Wounds

Jinn: SE, Full Attack (2FR to Att) vs #2: 39 (1x) Hit for 14 Wounds
Round 3 Initiative (ToB) Silah 41 (+9), Yodotai 40, Snake 35 (+8), Emir and Jinn 29 (+10), Halil 22 (+1), Asami 22 (+1)

Since some of the Yodotai are wounded but some are not, I'm just not changing their initiative and splitting their actions up. It balances out the bonus or the penalty they might get.
Silah leaps to action as the Yodotai begin to fall...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Aug 31, 2010 4:08 pm

Withput paying much attention to the dead Yodotai, Silah steps past the Jinn and over the corpse getting to his next victim.
Move SE.
Full attack on #2, FRs to damage.
Sorry, I missed that it is my turn again. :oops:
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Aug 31, 2010 5:36 pm

Round 3 Initiative (ToB) Silah 41 (+9), Yodotai 40, Snake 35 (+8), Emir and Jinn 29 (+10), Halil 22 (+1), Asami 22 (+1)

Not worried about it Haya.
Silah steps over the dead man and stabs with his dagger at the next one in the line. His dagger slides across the shield of the Yodotai with a few sparks. The man smiles, "Hah! Such a tiny weapon, how do you fight or please your women with that thing?"
Silah: SE, Full Att (2 DR) #2: 29 Miss
The Yodotai then break formation and start counter attacking. The yodotai near Silah and the Jinn of Unbridled Might turns on the Jinn, not the man, since the Jinn is clearly the bigger threat. The Yodotai stabs with his pilum over his shield and lands a glancing blow on the Jinn's shoulder causing blood to flow.
#2 Attack Jinn of UM (Counter Full Attack: 2FR Att, 1 Dmg): 79! (2X, 1x3) Hit for 17 Wounds [Void to Soak 10]
Decimus spins around and slams his pilum through the belly of the fake jinn that Halil has summoned. His weapon pierces the illusion and sinks into the chair behind the creature of smokeless fire. Decimus is fooled once, but not now. "It's a trick, magical trickiery! Ignore it!" He spins back around.

The next Yodotai in formation steps infront of Decimus, "I'll guard your flank Decimus!" He stabs with his spear as well and grazes Asami. The Spider Monk woman is lightly wounded, barely hit and hardly what you'd worry about, but it inflames the sohei that she was struck at all.
#1: Move, Attack Asami: 28 Hit for 5 Wounds
The last of the enemy throws his pilum across the room and slams it into the leg of The Snake. The pilum drives deep into The Snake's flesh and holds on tight crippling his movement. The Jackal twists just right so atleast the spear strike isn't that painful, but still hurt he grimances and grunts in pain.
#4 Throw At Snake: 20 Hit for 19 Wounds [Void to Soak] 9 Wounds, Reduced Water 1 for movement unless removed with a STR/AGL TN 25 test.
Move #1 NW 1 square.
Move Silah SE 1 square.
The Snake, Emir and his Jinn...

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:55 am

The Snake hisses in pain as the pilum bisects his calf, the projectile in nowise being deflected by his loose robes. He puts his weight on his other foot, slowly edging forward towards Decimus. His good hand holds his knife in a defensive posture, to deflect any additional attempts to harm him. "Remember, only wound their leader! He must be taken alive!"
Move 1 Square SE. Full Defense stance.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:26 pm

The Snake edges forward, his knife at the ready, he hopes to defend himself against other attacks with the small weapon. He limps forward slightly calling out that he needs the leader alive -- likely for some foul Jackal ritual that will punish the Yodotai for ever being born.
Move. Um, Snake seems to lake the Defense Skill!
Emir, his Jinn, and Halil...

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:26 pm

Emir ponders the use of another spell but decides against it in case he finds himself needing healing after the fight, or to put the magic to better use if the battle begins to turn against them. Stepping towards one of the Yodotai the Sahir grips his staff with both hands and levels a two handed swing at the nearest man.

The Jinn stares down the man who had just hit him, and grins wickedly as his fist once again wraps in flame. He pauses for just a moment, making sure the man sees the change in his arm, and quickly levels a strong punch aimed at the mans chest.
Emir Use void to soak if 8+ wounds
Move: SW
Attack the Yodotai that appears to have lost a number.
Atk:5k3
Dmg:3k2

Jinn Use void to soak if 8+ wounds
Full attack vs Yodotai #2 both raises to hit
Atk:7k2+14
Dmg:5k3

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:31 pm

A bit disappointed that his djinn has been recognized as a rouse, Halil realizes there is not much more he can do in this battle to stand by. But instead of staying back he decides to move close to the melee where he might help his companions.
With his knife drawn he moves forward ready to act should an opportunity present itslef.
Move EEE SE. Full Defense.
Big Pimpin...