Disicpline of Black Magic: Secrets and Lies

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Parting of Ways

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Three Day on MWD, and Nate
The Jackal kneels at the side of the Yodotai leader, hissing into his ears he speaks the last words that Decimus will ever hear. Drawing his dagger he begins to chant arcane words that drip with a grease of foulness to them. He slices the throat of the Yodotai slowly, draining the man's blood into the Soul Jar. As he chants the crimson fluid turns green, and whips of smoke rise up off of it. Decimus begins to shudder, his body convulsing and going into a fit of siezers. "...and so your Soul is mine." the Necromancer's words change to the common tongue at the end, as he quickly caps the smoking jar. Decimus lays on the ground, pale and gaunt, as if his fluids were removed from his body even though only a gallon of his blood was drained into the Jar. The Snake stands, "It is done, Decimus belongs to the Jackal's now. His soul shall never see the afterlife." THe Necromacer tucks the jar back into his gear and looks around the room. "I am finished."

Asami nods, she's standing near the stairs up. "We should go. I hear voices. I think more Yodotai are coming." The Spider Sohei then turns, and races back through the complex toward the exit into the Sewers. Reaching the door back to the sewers she smiles at everyone, "I believe our duty is ended. Perhaps we shall meet again, perhaps not." With that the woman races off into the sewers going her own way. You may never see her again.
This should effectively be your last post to the thread! The chapter is over. I'll give one one post once everyone posts and end things.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: The Parting of Ways

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Sep 18, 2010 11:30 am

The Jackal smiles grimly at his accomplished mission. He has both Yodotai texts, and a Yodotai soul in his possession. Truly fantastic prizes for his organization, and ones to assist in his rise to power. He looks around and notices the various expressions on the faces of his party, and his grin widens. He packs the Soul Jar very securely with his gear, protected from any accident. "It has been a very profitable venture. Perhaps we shall live to see each other again some day. Hopefully your ventures are as successful as mine."

The Snake gives a slightly mocking bow before scuttling away from the slaughter. He thoughtfully pauses before taking the last piece of Rokugani equipment he had on him, a tanto, and jams it into the skull of Decimus' corpse. Always best to add as much insult to injury as possible. With that, he does in actuality make his escape.
Sorry for the delay there. Been dealing with a not so fun illness. Back on my feet, and back to posting regularly.
Last edited by ManWithDoor on Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Sep 19, 2010 3:20 pm

Hall follows the Jackals display of foul magic with a mixture of curiosity and disgust but ultimately is amazed by the power of the device the man wields. Now that their mission has been completed Halil is somewhat glad to escape unscathed and quickly moves for the exit already havig figuered out a good way to get out of the sewers unnoticed.
Big Pimpin...

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:41 pm

Silah followed the Jackal's ritual with amazement but didn't comment after it is over. He just pulls the hood deep over his face, glances over the dead Yodotai and drops anything that's not his own. He doesn't want to leave anything behind, so he retraces his steps again and passes the burning library with care. Luckily he's barely hurt after this encounter and he smile confident about his skills and kills, although a direct close combat like this is not something he's used to do, except when he screwed his task up.

Perhaps the assassin will see the members of this short-lived group again and perhaps he won't and in the end he doesn't care about them very much, other than he was told that Halil is an important asset. And that's the only thing he's not sure about. Should he look our for the other man or is this mission finished, too? After Halil is gone, Silah won't ask around for him, since it would draw suspicion to them, so maybe it's better to seek the council of another senior assassin. But as long as no one tells him otherwise, he'll keep an eye on him.

After leaving the sewers, Silah the assassin vanishes into the crowds walking and running through the streets as if nothing happened and the only witness of the killing are the small specks of blood on his knives.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The End

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:21 am

Emir moves back with the others when the Jackal finishes his ritual. "Such foul magics, I do not know if I should allow this Jackal." The Qabal Saher looks at his summoned Jinn and considers his options. "For now Snake, you are safe. There is no time to debate your actions." He points at the Jinn, "Come. We must leave, and you are free to clear the way for me."

The Jinn of Unbridged Might laughs, cracking its knuckles and then moves to leave the complex the way you all came in. Anyone that gets in its way is fair game, and it will smash them. No one is foolish enough to do that. Emir and his Jinn move through the sewers for a while along side the others until its time to part. "Lady Sun's Blessing on you all." He turns up another passage and the pair, Saher and Jinn, head that way seeking their own way home.

*** Some Days Later ***

A white cat prowles the market places of the Jewel of the Desert. Listening to the rumors of brass merchants, carpet salesmen, and fruit dealers. It seems the rumor mill is a buzz with the news of Yodotai forces marching through the city. They attacked a small complex thought to belong to the tiny faction of men and woman who call themselves Scorpion. It sounds as if it was route, the Yodotai are not ones to triffle with in battle. The political fall out will take weeks to handle, and the damage to the Yodotai in the courts of the Jewel must be worth it to take such bold and brash action.

The cat swishes its tail from side to side purring with pleasure as it slips under a Ra'shari wagon and slinks into the shadows of the alley. Winding its way down the streets the cat pauses at the edge of a smouldering pit -- all that is left of the burnt husk of the Scorpion holding. Bounding down the black and ash charred remains of the building and its basement the cat's pure white fur does not become marked by the black soot in any manner. With a twitch of her whiskers the White Lady nudges a board to the side and slips underneath to the now exposed broken and partially open secret door burried under the rubble. Purrrrfect. The mice are away, and now I shall play.

She slips into the passage beyond vanishing from sight.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring