Ring of Fire - Honor's Veil

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Final Moments in the Dojo

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:47 pm

"And no training from your sensei will protect you from that service," Ryuichi adds. He's puzzled why he blatantly overlooked what was so obvious for the Kuni.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:44 pm

The man looks on defiantly at you, "Ha, Ryudo was my Sensei but he wasn't The Master." The farmer turned revolutionary then clams up. He has nothing more to say, head bowed low he mutters to himself, and you barely make out, "...they are already dead, so who cares...". He refuses to speak more, at least not under these conditions. You'll have to pressure him in some manner if you want more information from him.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:00 am

Kuni Zenko's eyes grow hard. He gestures to his fellow Magistrates. "Bind him, and carry him over here. Hold him tightly. He will not be pleased." He waits patiently for the defiant peasant to be hogtied. Once this is done, he grabs the man roughly by the hair, driving his head to within inches of the pooling black blood. "Death is not the worst fate there is, little man. If you are not forthcoming with every bit of information you have, every detail, no matter how small, or ..." He points at the terrifying blood on the floor. "One little touch, and your soul won't even make it to Meido. Jigoku would be your only future."

The Crab whispers into the peasant's ear, so no one else can hear. "You believe death is a release, don't you? There are crypts below Shiro Kuni, where we experiment upon the Tainted. We will study you for years, watching as you grow mutated and mad. You will live to regret this day, begging endlessly to die." He waits a few moments more, allowing the horror of that future to sink into the man's imagination. Then he stands up, smiling grimly. He speaks at a normal volume, saying, "Or you can cooperate, and we can all get on with our lives. Your choice."
Pullin' off the velvet gloves. Time for the iron fist.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:05 am

Eisai remains silent at this display. He does not hear what Zanko says. But he can guess the gist of it, at least. He is uncomfortable with such tactics, even though he understands why the Crab is engaging it them. For a genuine risk to the Empire existed. And putting an end to it was of paramount importance.

Still, he might wish that a less extreme threat was used. Regardless, he will not check a fellow Emerald Magistrate, particularly in front of a disgraced hemin.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:11 pm

The Kuni's roll would be a Intimidation/Awarness (Bully)

This is a Low Skill

Zenko's Honor 3.1, -2 Boxes as a result.
Zenko's New Honor: 2.9
Sheet updated
Zenko steps forward, the gloves are off. He grabs the man by the neck and spins him around pushing him toward the pooling tainted black blood of Ryudo. His argument is more than convincing and the heimin struggles against the pressure of the Magistrate's hand. "Okay okay! What do you want to know, I'll tell you everything I know. Please! Please don't do it, don't do it!" His eyes are wide and full of fear, he's clearly going to tell you everything he knows -- what little that might be.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Ryuichi just stays silent while the Kuni speaks in hushed voices with the heimin. He wouldn't touch the man except with the blade of his sword despite him being free of taint. The Dragon certainly doesn't want to drag the peasant back to the barracks for an unpleasant torture as this may soil his own reputation while he has to listen to the confessions of the man under the hands of an eta. However, it would be his duty to do so but he is glad that he doesn't have to order it as the man spills his guts before the Kitsuki spills it for him.

"Where did Ryudo come from and who was his master?" Ryuichi starts with the first questions.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:32 am

The heimin shouts his reply as quickly as he can, "I don't know where he came from. He was here when I came to the doji, that was over a year ago. I swear it, I SWEAR IT!" You are all forced to believe that, he seems not just sincere but honest.

Umeko look at the others in the room, the Imperial Legion members, their Gunso and others. "Leave. Prepaire to torch this building when we exit. Have fire teams ready to contain the blaze, we don't need this whole district going up in smoke."

The men, all more than a little disturbed by Zenko's actions are glad to be dismissed and race from the dojo.

The heimin, his face near the tainted blood keeps shouting, "He called him Shinoku-sama, that's all I know. I swear it, please, please show mercy." He is starting to cough now, and pale more and more ad his own near fatal injuries are stressing under Zenko's force.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:41 am

"And you'll receive all the mercy any of us would be consider giving you," Ryuichi says moving around and taking a conservative stance between the dead man and the coughing peasant. With a swift motion he also decapitates the last heimin, sending the severed head tumbling through the air and into a dirty corner. The student of Ryudo certainly deserves worse but the Dragon cannot bring himself to do worse or sentence a man to be tortured. "I think that was all we could get from him."
No one else posted so I assumed no one wanted to know anything else. Lets move on now.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:43 am

Eisai would end the man's suffering, but he carries no blade. "Ryuchi," He says instead. "The man has told us all he knows. Please end this."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:35 pm

Kuni Zenko nods in satisfaction, and pulls the body away from the Tainted pool. He honestly isn't sure if he could have made himself purposely Taint someone, and he doesn't care to ever find out. Regardless, it was effective and saved them the time needed for a prolonged torture. "May Emma-O judge him fairly, and reward him for what little good he did in this life." He makes a gesture of blessing over the beheaded body, for what good it will do him now. "Now let us burn this place to the ground. It disgusts me."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."