Ring of Fire - Honor's Veil

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Goten Ryuuchou Kime, the Palace of Flowing Grain

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:23 am

"Konnichi wa, samas," Kitsuki begins upon entering the room. He's far from a courtier but he tries to be as formal as possible. "My name is Kitsuki Ryuichi from the Emerald Magistrates. As you all know we are here for the funeral of Usagi Hiroto and the decision who will become the next governor."

After the quick summary and greeting the Dragon waits for any reply other than stares from the other present samurai.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:59 am

The Crab also steps forward and bows, although not as gracefully as the Kitsuki. "I am called Kuni Zenko, Emerald Magistrate and priest of the kami. I am present to offer the appropriate prayers to appease the spirits and the Fortunes at this time of mourning."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Feb 14, 2012 2:28 am

"Konnichi wa," Eisai echoes, bowing or not, as appropriate. "I am Eisai, also an Emerald Magistrate, and also here to give proper respect for the passing of Usagi Hiroto. He looks studiously around the room, appraising those in attendance, seeing if there is anyone of note.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:54 am

After a round of introductions to the room those present begin their courtly activities once again. It only takes a moment to realize they are holding back from coming to speak to you because they are playing games with the others present. Who will spring on you first, or will you choose to speak to one of the delegation showing favor over one clan than another?

Finally a Hare courtier approaches you, you do not know him, and it seems likely he has recently arrived just for the funeral. "Konchi wa Emerald Magistrate-samas, it is a great honor to have you present for Usagi Hotori-dono's funeral, his spirit will be pleased to know it. Allow me to introduce myself I am Usagi Usotsuki Hare Magistrate from Kudo. I offer you the Hare's thank you in your quick thinking and assistance with the situation at hand. I am sure that you can understand that now that I have arrived your involvement in the clan politics is no longer a burden you need bear. We are most grateful to have had you're help thus far in the succession of the province leadership, such a tragic loss it has been, but now things are well in hand."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:51 pm

The Kuni bows politely to the Hare, then listens impassively to the man's grab for power. "I was pleased to render assistance to the Hare, Usagi-san, but in what way are you the rightful holder of power here in this Province? You are simply a Magistrate, a keeper of justice, similar to myself although with a lesser authority. Do not presume that we will back your bid for power simply because you are a fellow Magistrate, or were the bravest to speak with us first." Kuni Zenko gives the man a cold glare. "The passions of the former Governor, may Emma-O judge him mercifully, brought about his own undoing. Do I detect similar passions in you, Usotsuki-san? Would the Hare truly be served well by another possessing the Sin of Desire?"

Yeah ... this may bite Kuni Zenko in the butt, but he's not the type to pull his punches. And he's still pissed off about bad guys getting away from him, so he's projecting.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:02 am

Ryuichi isn't going to hold his fellow magistrate back, although he would not have replied to the Hare as harsh as the Kuni.

"I think what Usagi Usotsuki means to say is that we would not have to worry ourselves with all the details. He'll make sure that everything goes according to protocol and that the next governor will be chosen by him and his peers," Ryuichi says. He's careful around the courtier as he doesn't want to embarrass himself or the other magistrates in front of the other samurai. The Dragon is a bushi and not a courtier but in here a blade won't be of help anyway. "We are Emerald Magistrates and we are only make sure that the next governor will be fit for his position and to pay our respects to Usagi Otori."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:00 am

"It is the duty of the Emerald Magistrates to see that peace and lawfulness reigns in Rokugan," Eisai says. "We shall stay and help as we can to see this goal achieved." He gives the Hare a peaceful look and says, "In the wild the rain nourishes the plant whether it be weed or chrysanthemum, allowing both to flourish," he adds. "But the gardener's watering ewer nourishes only those plants that have a place in the garden. Weeds are denied water and are pulled before they can harm the beneficial plants." He offers no explanation as to what he meant, but clearly thinks his comment offers some wisdom.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:48 pm

At first Usagi Usotsuki is taken aback by the Crab's words, and his appearance as well, but he makes little outward sign to show it. He is a trained courtier as much as a magistrate, and regards Ryuichi choosing to answer him instead of the Crab. "You are most wise Magistrate-sama, I have been sent from Kudo by the Hare Clan to over see the appointment of another Hare Governor. I have never been here so the process will be long and complicated as travel from here to Shiro Usagi is growing more difficult of late, but I a assure all that when I finish the Daimyo of the Hare will be most pleased with who sits as Governor of our province." Hands folded over one another he nods to Eisai, "And the gardener plants which flowers he so chooses, not his neighbors, though they must look on at it with respect." It would seem he chooses to ignore the insults to his clan's honor from the Zenko about the dead man being a sinner. He knows his place well enough and would not dare speak ill of the dead or the Emerald Magistrate's behavior at his funeral.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:53 pm

"Then you are doing the same as we today. Since this is a Hare province the Hare will choose the successor without our interference if all goes smooth and correct," Ryuichi nods to Usotsuki. "You certainly know that his name and the events surrounding Usagi Hotori will be reported to the Emerald Champion by us. His death at the hands by that rogue Michi was most regretful," the Kitsuki states trying to make it clear that the samurai's affair will not be mentioned as the reason for all the dead Hare samurai.
Quick question, because I think I forgot: which year is it and who is Emerald Champion?
On a related not, was the dojo the The Steel Strand Dojo? Because I kinda read about it when I looked up the article about Zakyo Toshi..

By the way. I find the Kuni's bluntness pretty awesome. And his appearance and status make it quite difficult to let anyone critisize it. Ryuichi sure as hell won't because the composition of the group is very good. The uncompromising, the softer one and the kickass monk. You choose who's who. ;)

Hmm, that stuff should probably go into the comments section but I

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:42 pm

It is Mid Month of the Dog, Late Summer, 1169. That was the Broken Bamboo Dojo that you burned down. The Steel Strand Dojo may rise up in the ashes of the Broken Bamboo and take over where you left off. :)

The Emerald Champion is Shohuro Jimen, he won the tourney where you were made Magistrates.
The Hare Courtier bows, "Hai, of course Magistrate-sama, I would expect nothing less than perfection from an Emerald Magistrate. Perhaps this will in some way draw the necessary attention we need here to stem the tide of lawlessness that flows out of Zakyo Toshi."

A Scorpion is suddenly standing near, "The city needs a strong hand, the hand of a Great Clan, so it can be steered back into the acceptable tradition of Rokugan." The Scorpion bows, "An honor to see you Magistrate-samas, I am Shosuro Takagi." The name rings a bell, he is the magistrate representative of the Scorpion Clan in Zakyo Toshi, one of the most powerful samurai in the city proper.