Ring of Fire - Honor's Veil

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Re: Goten Ryuuchou Kime, the Palace of Flowing Grain

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:50 pm

The Kuni frowns, then nods thoughtfully at the Hare. "All is well then. As long as the new Governor serves his Clan and the Empire with strength and honor, we have no reason to interfere. The Daimyo of the Hare Clan needs a strong, dutiful servant to be his right hand here. The heimin are restless, having poisoned words whispered to them by followers of darkness. One is needed with the very spirit of Reichin himself to bring peace to these lands." His words and gaze are very serious, especially while invoking the name of the Hare Clan founder. "I will pray to the Kami that one such may be found and recognized. May your ancestors guide your hand, Usagi-san." He bows more respectfully than the first time, impressed that the courtier could maintain his composure with harsh and confrontational words being thrown at him.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Ryuichi nods to the Hare before turning to the Shosuro. His greeting to the Scorpion is much more forced and barely more than a slight tip towards the man.

"I see what you mean, Shosuro-kun," the Kitsuki says, his voice is colder than when he spoke to the Hare. "Do you think the stationed imperial legionnaires are not enough to keep the order?"
Understood. Well, let's hope the ashes of our fire won't be used to fertilize the growth of a lotus. A black lotus.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 17, 2012 10:03 pm

"The estsate overseer does not interfere with the gardener," Eisai says to the Hare. "He is content if the flowers bloom and the weeds are removed. He rejoices to see the gardener doing his job and making his charge stronger and more beautiful."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:32 am

The Hare bows to Eisai, "Then let us see what we can plant here today." He takes his leave of the Emerald Magistrates and head to ready the funeral activities.

The Shosuro now has taken his place among the fore, "Oh the Imperial Legion is a fine collection of soldiers, but they lack the funding and the man power to truly make Zakyo Toshi come to heel. It is unfortunate, but the truth. Did you know that two delegations that I know personally set out to attend today did not arrive? I fear bandits or rebels or worse. The Imperial Legion is a small group, hardly enough to police the streets, let alone the countryside. A true shame."

There is some stirring at the front of the room, a priest has arrived, signally that the funeral is soon to begin.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:46 am

Eisai moves to greet the priest. One of the Imperial delegation certainly should.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:58 am

"If you tell me which road it has been I'll personally notify the Fox, the Sparrow or the Scorpion," Ryuichi states. It's obvious that he doesn't want to deal with the Shosuro and does so only out of courtesy. "Upholding the law inside this city of lechery and vice is a hard job, Shosuro-kun. My fellow magistrates and I were just conducting an investigation which we'll bring to the Emerald Champions attention. So if the Scorpion thinks that the Imperial Legions are lacking coin and men then why do you not send word to your champion and send some more Scorpion to join the ranks of the Legion. If you want I can formulate a request that the Scorpion are willing to send more of their finest warriors to keep the peace in Zakyo Toshi."
I do realize after typing and reading this post a couplef of times that this might just play into Scorpion schemes to increase their influence... unfortunately Ryuichi is not a courtier and only wants to deal with that Shosuro as swiftly as possible.
I should definitely buy some ranks in courtier.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:36 am

Ryuichi does in fact play right into the Scorpion's hand. "If you would be able to send word to the Emerald Champion Shouro Jimen-sama to this effect, I believe the Scorpion could provide a greater presence in the city to assist the Imperial Legions keeping the peace. I am of course just a humble courtier, but the word and weight of an Emerald Magistrate would be undeniable." He snaps a fan and cools his masked face. "I shall draft something and send it to you for you to look over and sign if you wish. I know you time is precious."

Eisai greets the old preist with proper respect due the man. He appears to be a ronin shugenja who works in one of the rare temples in Zakyo Toshi. The man bows deeply to the Emerald Magistrate. "If we are ready. I shall begin?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:43 am

"Fine, but I'm going to formulate the message myself, Shosuro-kun," Ryuichi replies. He doesn't intend to be just a stamp in Scorpion correspondence. "I cannot just sign any letters and forward them. Who knows what you might hide in that letter," the Kitsuki adds with a smile although this is only halfway between joke and seriousness. "My time may be precious but the law of the Emperor is the only thing that really counts."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:45 am

"I would never think to deceive an Emerald Magistrate." He takes offense at the idea that he would slip something sinister into the paperwork. "Well..." he's clearly blustering, "I think its about to begin. If you would excuse me." He strides off back to his delegation.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:57 pm

Kuni Zenko remains silent, simply raising an eyebrow at the man as he retreats from the encounter. He takes his place among the other mourners, paying close attention to the shugenja chosen to perform the proper ceremonies.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."