Ring of Fire - Black Market Deals

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Ring of Fire - Black Market Deals

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 09, 2011 11:11 pm

"The Legion's of the Empire are not corrupt and no one who serves the Empire is depraved," Ryuichi states. He doesn't think that a simple ronin will understand the Celestial Order anyway. Although the Kitsuki begins to doubt that this man ever was a samurai. Maybe his parents were samurai who fell from grace, but this one is only a heimin who picked up a pair of weapons as he shows less respect than anyone from the Bonge. Usually Ryuichi is friendly with the working people as their are important to the Empire. But this... man...'s work is only to intimidate and look tough.

"You are not trying to provoke a samurai, are you?" Ryuichi asks, curious if this... man... is actually trying to taunt the Legion and other samurai. "Or did you ever see a Legionnaire who was actually taking money from the likes of you."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:28 am

The tension in the kitchen is suddenly broken when the sushi chef from the front accidentially enters the room, drops a copper wok on the ground and the ringing sound of it echoes through the building. The chef hops to grab the wok an exits quickly in shock and fear.

Your merchant friend holds a hand out, "You know me, I tell you everything Otori-sama. Have I got told you about the opium deals in Farku's Market Square? Or the tax evaders selling tea to travelers without paying their duty to the Emperor? Or Bomitsu and his fireworks? I am on your side remember." He glares at his muscle, and the hemin with the kama backs down from his little pissing contest with Ryuichi -- and a good thing too for Ryuichi knows how to use those baldes he wears.

"I have not heard of anything beyond petty crimes of late. Some prostitutes posing as Geisha, some petty theft in the threater district, price gouging for fresh fruits, and upset peasants at their lot in life. What is new?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Kogaratsu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kogaratsu » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:35 pm

"Nothing it would appear." Otori says with some frustration. "Seems you are losing your worth to me and if that is all you have to share then I suppose we have nothing more to discuss." He sighs and makes as if to leave the room in a vain attempt to get the merchant to spill something.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:53 pm

Ryuichi almost bites his tongue to stay silent as he follows the Hare. He won't say something if he doesn't have to, but it's quite likely that the merchant doesn't know about it. But something is urging him the Kitsuki to ask the men about stolen samurai weapons anyway. For now he doesn't say another word, keeping everything to himself.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:31 pm

Otori bluffs, he starts toward the door, after suggesting the merhcant is of little further use to him. The man calls out, "Wait. Wait. Perhaps there is something. I don't know, its not blackmarket per say. I have heard that there has been some increase is hemin weaponry of late. Nothing dramatic, or enough to be out of the ordinary. Peasants and farmers are always changing their minds, but I heard that there has been some extra sales of that sort of thing, tanfa, yari, you know simple weapons. Its not illegal, but I guess its out of the ordinary."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Kogaratsu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kogaratsu » Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:38 am

Otori stops in mid tracks and frowns. out of the ordinary can stand for alot Considering this city. Well it could warrant some investigation I suppose. What else do you know of these rise in sales ?"

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:46 pm

"That is about it. I'm not sure where the weapons are coming from, but it seems to be legitimate business, which is why I didn't pay it any mind when you were asking before. Even a hemin is allowed to have the means to defend himself, espcially here in Zakyo Toshi."

Kogaratsu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kogaratsu » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:14 pm

"that is true considering the situation Zakyo Toshi poses. This hardly warrants my attention though but I may get someone to look into it. I hope next time we are in each others company we will have more things to discuss." Otori says with a slight tone of warning. With that he nods his head ever so slightly and makes for the door while keeping his eyes on the ronin thug.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:14 pm

Ryuichi pays close attention to the merchant and his thug bodyguard and only shrugs as they learn about weapon sales. He certainly has no problem with them, especially in Zakyo Toshi, as long as the weapons aren't turned against the Samurai. And even if the sales are suspicious, most men and women would probably argue that they are tools as well. The Kitsuki follows the Usagi and doesn't take his eyes off the thug with his kama.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:34 pm

The pair exit the back of the sushi shop, the information gained hardly seem relevant or that interesting in the climate of the city. The pair head off a short distance to get some space between them and the shop and the merchant.

The day is still young and the question remains what next. The other Magistrates are likely at the theater right now.