Ring of Fire - Black Market Deals

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Ring of Fire - Black Market Deals

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:58 am

"I think we have time to head back to the barracks," Ryuichi says, hands resting on the obi. "I doubt that any of my fellow samurai will be in a situation they cannot handle, especially Hiruma-san. She's quite a fierce combatant and I can assure you that no armed heimin will be a worthy opponent. Let us go back, Otori-san. You can write and make your report and I can prepare for the meeting with the magistrates."
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Kogaratsu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kogaratsu » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:29 pm

"I have to admit even Hiruma-san's appearance alone suggests such capability. In that case we will return to the barracks. After all you must be feeling quite uncomfortable in those legionnaires clothes."Otori says with a warm smile but still bows so as not to offend the magistrate.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:36 pm

"It's not as bad as you might think. Only a few months ago I would have been deeply honored if I could have become a legionnaire," Ryuichi replies kindly as they head back to the barracks. "But that doesn't mean I find it uncomfortable, Otori-san. How long have you been a legionnaire?"

Kogaratsu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kogaratsu » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:45 pm

"Ah yes forgive me for not answering that question earlier. I was not ignoring you just simply ignoring a 'legionnaire'. Playing my role so to speak." He bows again as a gesture of apology. "It my come as a bit of a surprise but I have only been a Gunso and a legionnaire for four months despite my appearance I am not as old as I look." Otori suddenly becomes conscious of his scars again his eyes narrowing as he suppress a twitch in his face.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Mar 18, 2011 9:58 pm

The pair talk as they head back to the center of town. Soon the pair reach the barraks and while Ryuichi changes back into his own clothing and armor Otori makes his report to Shinjo Kodama. The commander doesnt' like what he hears and he confirms that Otori is to stay on with the Emerald Magsitrates in whatever capacity they need him as. He will looking into the matter of the rising sales and of this Jin character.

It isn't long after that the pair are ready to depart, their respective things handled.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Kogaratsu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kogaratsu » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:15 pm

Otori gazes out beyond the barracks gates watching the last rays of sunset burn away beneath the canopy of the city before turning to the Emerald magistrate, Kitsuki Ryūichi. "So then of to the puppet theater and to see what your fellow magistrates have learned." He says eagerly.

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:43 pm

"Of course, Usagi-san," Ruyichi says. He's back in his own clothes and armor and reverts back to address the Hare by his family man to show a certain, professional distance. The Kitsuki doesn't mean to insult Otori by doing so and assumes that the fellow samurai understands it. "Although I doubt that they have learned anything by watching a play. Maybe the already had time to talk to the puppeteers and theater people. I'm afraid I do not know the way, Usagi-san..."

Kogaratsu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kogaratsu » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:03 pm

The Hare nods agreeing with Ryūichi's decision to go back to addressing him by his family name. In fact he would feel most uncomfortable if he didn't as friendly as the Hare is he holds the virtues of Chugo and Rei close to his heart and he feels he is in no position to speak to the magistrate on close terms to often. Before was simply him doing his duty and playing the role which was needed for them to accomplish their goal. "Please follow me Kitsuki-sama."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:35 pm

The pair, the roles now reversed to where they should be, leave the Imperial Legion Barracks and head for the Floating City and the theater district there. Otori leads the way and the pair are soon covering a great amount of ground. Within a short while they arrive at one of the bridges over the small stream that seperates the Floating City or the Pleasure District from the rest of Zakyo Toshi, not that its much of a distinction as pleasure is found outside the Floating City as well as inside it.

The Kuroda Puppet Theater is in the "Floating City", a section of the city surrounded by streams, and while its not so much of an island, it is bounded on all sides by this small waterways and canals, some of them only a few feet wide and deep, others more traditionally streams in appearance. On entering the Floating City the mood, smell, and appearance of the city changes. The drap black and white and grey of the city is replaced by colors. Flowers are planted near buildings, cherry trees blosom pink and white, bright colored bannders are hung from posts, and green and blue paper lantersn await to be lit come nightfall.

The smells are better too, the sickly smells of old sake is mostly gone, mixed with plum wines, a barker making sweet buns, and the fragrance of a hundred geisha wearing perfume fills the air. The buildings are better shape, painted, and cared for. You pass a building with two geisha standing on the stoop, the sign announces it as the Silken Tongue, a geisha house. Another is marked as a music hall for singers and performers. Another half dozen geisha houses, a bakers, a seamstress, a high end gambling hall, a expensive inn, a gambling house for high stakes games, a few more geisha houses. A Kobuki Threater house "Hokutemi's Players" is next on the street, and the businesses of pleasure and escape continue on. All in all the Floating City must include some twenty geisha houses, eight or more houses for the 'fine arts' of threater in all its forms, a half dozen gambling halls and sake houses, and the same amount of inns, and even a bath house, seamstress, and a sword polisher, not to mention homes for many wealthy citizens.

Some place in the middle of it all is the Kuroda Puppet Theater. The building is not as grand as the other play houses, and the paint is clearly last years. However the front is clean, and the marque outside announces the new play "Snow Falling on Silent Blood", scheduled for its first show this afternoon, then one this evening, and to repeat as such all week long.

I'm going to get you guys back into the other thread pretty soon here as the investigation is going to kick off full swing.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Kogaratsu
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Kogaratsu » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:26 pm

"Here we are Kitsuki-sama the Kuroda Puppet Theater." He steps aside and politely gestures for the magistrate to take the lead.