Ring of Earth - Descent into Darkness

Beyond the boarders of the Emerald Empire lies a vast and diverse world centered around the Burning Sands -- a place cursed by Shilah the Sun and Kaleel the Moon. For too long the Samurai in Rokugan have remained ignorant of the greater world around them.
A danger is rising, but is it too late for the children of the Kami? Only you know that answer.Run by the Game Master Moto Vardaen
Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Setsu Giri - The Shrine of Duty

Post by Hayabusa » Sat May 04, 2013 2:08 am

The Kitsuki bows to the monks but lets Kuni Zenko speak for them.
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sun May 05, 2013 6:32 am

"Ah yes, I was told there was some shame brought to the temple before I arrived. I must appologize but things are not completely known to me. You see the entire temple, all the monks within committed ritual suicide in shame for had happened here. I and those within are only recently arrived, and were never told the circumstances behind it all, nor did we ask, or wish to know." He bows deeply, "if there is something else we can assist you with please only ask."
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue May 07, 2013 2:38 am

"They all commited seppukku," Ryuichi says. However, he does not pry nor offer anything about what has happened here although he remembers the "nun" that got away. "How long have you been here, zenji-san?," the Dragon asks, realizing that he does not know their names.
Don't know how one would call a monk in rokugan (so I settled for a word I know). :oops:

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue May 07, 2013 2:54 am

Eisai remains quiet while Ryuichi continues his conversation with the local monk. This was, after all, a task the others wished more than he. While he waits, the monk-turned-emerald-magistrate looks in appreciation at the Shrine of Duty on this his first trip there.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue May 07, 2013 9:43 pm

The monk offers, "Only a month, I came after the purge as did all of us. We are still working to deal with the void that was left behind." He bows politely to the Magistrate.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Wed May 08, 2013 9:32 am

"I understand, Monk-san. I assure you that none of the past shame of the Shrine of Duty falls upon you, but as an Emerald Magistrate, I must also make sure that none of the previous transgressions still persist to plague these lands. May we have your cooperation in this task? It is unpleasant, but necessary. We may then report to the Imperials that all is well." The Kuni keeps his On carefully in place, showing no suspicion towards these monks. He is almost certain that they are above reproach, but he has been fooled often enough in the past.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed May 08, 2013 6:44 pm

The monk looks at the Kuni with narrowed eyes. "I will assume that you aren't insulting the Lion Clan in this. For they have already taken all the steps to make sure this temple is clean. The entire monastery, thirty monks, are dead, to protect the honor of the shrine. Are you suggesting their deaths and the actions of the Lion are not suitable protections against an act of dishonor? Are you suggesting the Lion and this Shrine is still shameful Magistrate?" He speaks with a clear accusation. Continued 'scrutiny' will plainly state that you do not trust the Lion or the honor the suicide of those monks who purged themselves -- dishonoring them in death, and the Lion (who's lands this shrine is in).

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Fri May 10, 2013 10:24 pm

"None of us would want to insinuate or just assume that this shrine has not been properly been cleansed," Ryuichi says calmly to defuse the situation. "What Kuni Zenko means to say is if you everything has been cleaned out since the monks reinstated their honor before departing this world. I do not know how much you or the Lion know about those who had shamed this important Shrine of Duty but it was abused as a place for smugglers so it may be that some detail has gone unnoticed. After all, those who evade the Emperor's law are despicably crafty when it comes to their disgusting deeds. Worst of all is that the Emerald Magistrates very recently discovered that those smugglers may have been in work with maho as well. We're merely concerned and do not intend to insult anyone who invested anything to cleanse the shrine."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat May 11, 2013 10:48 am

The Kuni's expression is as stone, hard and unyielding. "I see true pride and honor in you. Which was lacking in those that protected the Lion Clan from their shame through seppukku. We have seen terrors beyond comprehension in our travels, much caused by either treachery or the presence of forbidden magics." He continues his stare unblinkingly. "I have no doubt that you and yours are loyal and true. But what if some sliver of evil has been left here? Even those strong in the ways of honor and loyalty could be corrupted by such. We must be sure."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Sun May 12, 2013 3:03 am

"The Kitsu have been here. I assure you that none of the monks here hold any evil in their heart. If you so desire to insult me, us, and the Lion then by all means double check their works and smear their honorable seppukku through the mud." He doesn't raise his voice or seem insulted, it just a a monk stating facts. He steps to the side.