Serenity Act 1: High and Low times

Out in the Black a body can find many things. Peace. Death. The crew of the Stargazy just wants to keep flyin' as long as they can without the meddlin' of the Alliance.

Run by Captain Cattywumpus
Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Serenity Act 1: High and Low times

Post by Cattywumpus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:51 pm

It is quiet out in the black and it is quiet on the ship. Spart is settling into his new room while Lily is in the mess with Jacob making the night's dinner for the crew. Jacob's innocent laughter echoes down the halls in stark contrast to the smuggled Blue Sun medicines in the secret compartment near the back stair. In the hold is a perfectly legal cargo of rich fabrics from Sihnon. Paquin is about a days flight out from Stargazy's current position.

Sihnon was beautiful in that sanitized controlled Alliance way. You are looking forward to the color and noise of Paquin, the carnival planet. Lily says she knows a buyer just south of the largest city, Carnival, who will be thrilled to have the silks and the medicines.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic
Title: Advocatus Diaboli
User Class: Alliance Officer

Re: Serenity Act 1: High and Low times

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:00 pm

John "Spart" Valentine has spent some time now walking up and down the ship loosening and tightening up some screws and bolts, after settling in his bunk. Over the time he has changed from his nice suit to a pair of cargo pants and a shirt.with a saying in chinese. It reads: A great fortune depends on luck, a small one on diligence. A semi-automatic pistol hangs on his belt on the left and a mean-looking combat knife at the back of the belt.

After his arrival and greeting of the crew, he has hauled a few large containers into the bunk which was assigned to him. One of them had lots of orange and black labels on it, telling the reader to stay away from it when smoking or with any ingintion source, may it be electric or hot or both.

With a wrecnch as oily as hands he returned to the owner of the ship in the mess. "Hey there, Miss Chen. 't seems to be in good shape. Even better than the last Firefly Ah've been on. Continous problems with the plasma-feeds, Ah tell ya. Anyway, Ah'm glad to be in the air again and got something else to keep together than some folks rusted, suicidal gun or terminally rusty mules, they still wanted to keep running. Hey, can Ah ask you a question? Where do ya want to go after Paquin?"
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:39 pm

Lily smiles at Spart and says, "I have not quite decided. It has been a long time since Jacob has had other children to play with and I may stay with Marko's family for a little after we land. As for the ship, she will have to go where her next job takes her."
Please PM me how Spart feels about children.

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:48 pm

The Stargazy is currently on autopilot.

The ship's pilot is in the main hold dressed in a white, double-weave, judogi.

**BLAM**

**BLAM**

**BLAM**

Peter Zubov, the eccentric pilot, punches a wooden Makiwara over and over again. His stance is crouched, his fist connecting to the rope tied around the top of the thick wooden boards.

When Zubov first made the thing, no one knew what the hell he was up to, then he started punching it for hours on end and everyone just sort of stopped asking about it. Typical.

Finally, with the last punch, he slides into a straight stance, and bows to the thing. His hands are red and swollen from the continuous punching.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:41 pm

"Yeah, well it's better if he spends time with peers. Didn't have that possibility when Ah was younger. But my childhood isn't that much of interest, right? Ya seem to have quite a faith in Captain Professor. Will she do the dealing when ya're not with us?", Spart, who hadn't that much time tries to learn a bit more about the crew. As Lily mentioned her son, Spart seemed to cringe for a fraction of a second.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:02 pm

Jacob walks up to Spart and pats him on the leg clumsily his eyes and expression appear sad. Suddenly looking up at Spart he breaks into a big grin.

Lily says, "I can get you work. Just stay in touch with me via cortex link."

Nate
Level 13 Elite
Level 13 Elite

Post by Nate » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:08 pm

Cedric Pearson, the Stargazy's Doctor puts the last packet of the water purification crystals into a small box, and moves them up into one of the overhead cupboards. The young doctor sighs as he turns around surveying the small room, double checking everything is in proper order.

It's been over a week since he'd had an opportunity to clean the room throughly, which is more often than most ships medical rooms likely end up cleaned, though not quite often enough for Cedric. The young doctor knows, as any would who have gone through any kind of medical training that keeping the small room sanitized will keep any of the crew members from having a wound become infected and complicate whatever seems to send them into the infirmary once again.

Stepping out from the small room Cedric closes the door behind him, and heads through the ships hall towards the kitchen carrying a small data book with him. Passing through the doorway Cedric rubs a hand over his shortly buzzed brown hair, and moving over towards one of the chairs. Turning around he drops quickly into the chair, leans back, and opens the Databook starting to read one of the medical journals he has stored inside.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:09 am

Lily smiles at Cid as he drops into the chair as she prepares a plate for Jacob.
Please PM me how you feel about children Nate

Hayabusa
Level 25 Mythic
Level 25 Mythic

Post by Hayabusa » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:26 am

"I'll do jut that, Ma'am", Spart replies to Lily.

Then looking down to the smiling Jacob he can't do anything to stop himself from grinning broadly back to the boy.

"Hey, Di. What's up?", he asks crouching down next to Jacob. "Ain't it nice if you're mom's cookin' for ya? Ah can tell ya it's the best time of your life. When ya're older ya have to do it all by yourself. Or eat protein sludge all the time. Right, Puhn Yoh?" he says in the direction of Cid. "Hey, why don't ya cheer the Doc a bit up, while I grab a plate, too. He looks rather stern and I haven't eaten somethin' for half a day now."

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:40 am

Jacob grins and says to Spart,"I love Mommy. He climbs into a seat at the table and begins singing, "I like to eat. I like to eat! I like to eat eat apples and bannannas!

Lily places the plate in front of Jacob with a cup of water and calls over the ships com,"Dinner!"