Diplomacy 1: Learner Game

Diplomacy is a strategic board game. Its main distinction from most board wargames is negotiation: Players spend much of their time forming (and betraying) alliances with other players. Set in Europe just before the beginning of World War I , Diplomacy is played by seven players, each controlling the armed forces of a major European power.
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Diplomacy 1: Spring 1907

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:02 pm

Diplomacy 1 (Spring 1907)

AUSTRIA-HUNGARY (Brennor)

A(Ankara) Stands
A(Berlin) - Munich Move Succeeded
A(Budapest) - Vienna Move Succeeded
A(Galicia) Stands
A(Greece) Stands
A(Rumania) Stands
A(Serbia) Stands
A(Smyrna) - Constantinople Move Succeeded
A(Vienna) - Tyrolia Move Succeeded
F(Aegean Sea) - Ionian Sea Move Failed
F(Syria) - Eastern Mediterranean Sea Move Succeeded
F(Trieste) - Adriatic Sea Move Succeeded

ENGLAND (3rd-I)

F(Wales) Stands
F(Edinburgh) Stands

ITALY (Amaris)

A(Holland) - Kiel Move Succeeded
A(Belgium) - Burgundy Move Succeeded
F(English Channel) - North Sea Move Succeeded
F(Mid Atlantic Ocean) - English Channel Move Succeeded
F(Naples) - Ionian Sea Move Failed
F(Rome) - Tyrhennian Sea Move Succeeded
F(Liverpool) - Wales Move Failed
F(Western Mediterranean Sea) - Tunis Move Succeeded
A(Venice) - Trieste Move Succeeded
A(Spain) Stands
A(Brest) Stands

RUSSIA (Vardaen)

F(Clyde) - Edinburgh Move Failed
F(Norwegian Sea) - Edinburgh Move Failed
A(Finland) - St. Petersburg Move Succeeded
A(Kiel) - Ruhr Move Succeeded
F(Denmark) s ITALIAN A(Holland) - Kiel
A(Norway) Stands
A(Sweden) Stands
F(Sevastopol) Stands
Fall 1907 moves for Friday, please, no exceptions!

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Um... I have to ask, why did my two fleet move into Edin fail? 2 Fleets vs 1, I should have taken it? Shouldn't I have?
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Feb 18, 2009 6:58 pm

Oh my god, I probably said Attack with both, not support with one? Right.

Stupid stupid stupid.

That kinda stuff is really annoying about this game. (Nothing to do with you Grimbold, the game itself has some flaws like that).
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:55 pm

Right. Diplomacy is fun in an annoying way.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 19, 2009 7:56 pm

Hammer and Sickle Gazzet

The Russian Czar Vardamir Postsalot held a press conference today. During the fourteen hour event, which included a dozen monkey grinders, five dancing bears, and seven corpulent porpoises the Czar addressed the current situtation in Europe today.

"Mother Russia is pleased to delcare its full and utter alliegence to Italy, the clear and decisive winner of this brutal world war. In the interest in saving more lives, Russian troups will make no agressive moves toward Italy, nor those sneaky Austrians should they accept this olive branch and a two cheese pizza we are offerthing them. Clearly our allies have done well in defeating the poorly armed and low IQ populaces of Turkey, Germany, and France. While our own war with England was by far the more difficult of the battle arenas, we can not deny that Italy and Amaris is the winner. Ourselves a respectable third place in this current state. We shall stop all military agression if our allies in Italy and Austria agree to these terms and standings in the war. And also if they agree to never produce their own domestic vodka, and import only from us (pretty please!)."

The Russian Czar went on to babble some drunken things, and make out with a few questionly 'attractive' monkies, but his offer of a final truce, with Italy declared the winner stands and await ratification from the two remaining power houses.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Thu Feb 19, 2009 10:45 pm

I am willing to accept a win if it means less bloodshed for my country and vow to steer clear of olive fermented vodka!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Emir Tuktuk pointed out today after reading his copy of the hammer and sickly. That for a lower IQ country with no support, Turkey did not allow the russian fleets in stevaspol out of their kiddy pool and held off Austrian aggressions with substansially less forces for quite some time. Then he collected his pimping fee from some questionably attractive monkies. Thus depleting Russia of further funds needed to fuel their crumbling economy...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:15 pm

Hey V, if Grim is up for it. How about a private two player Diplomacy deathmatch?
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 20, 2009 6:30 pm

Czar Vardamir has no need to speak to the Emir in Exile, but he will comment just because you happen to have some big guns, and can point then toward Austria, it does not make your soliders all that bright. I caught atleast a dozen of them taking pictures of TukTuk shouting, "Bigfoot! Bigfoot!" Hmmmm, then again, maybe they aren't too dumb. :)

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:47 pm

I agree with the ceasefire and the standings. Will definitely import our Vodka from our friends to the frozen north!
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+