Diplomacy 1: Learner Game

Diplomacy is a strategic board game. Its main distinction from most board wargames is negotiation: Players spend much of their time forming (and betraying) alliances with other players. Set in Europe just before the beginning of World War I , Diplomacy is played by seven players, each controlling the armed forces of a major European power.
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Diplomacy 1: Learner Game

Post by Grimbold » Fri Nov 14, 2008 11:41 am

I will use this first game as a learner game. Please look up the game rules in the appropriate thread. In subsequent games, nations will be distributed randomly.

Takers (correct me if I'm wrong):
-MadVlat: Turkey
-Vardaen: Austria-Hungry ;)
-Amaris: ?? (If Brennor does not play, we will leave out Italy, so I will need Brennor to pick and then you will get Italy. If he does not play you will need to find another nation.) Is that ok?
-Melvyst: France

Still open:
Kilroy
Brennor
3rd-I

-England
-Russia
-Germany
-Italy

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Diplomacy 1: Learner Game

Post by Amaris » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Brennor:
Si prega di giocare e poi io li invitiamo a visitare il mio bel paese e godere di una insalata caprese, ravioli e vino.
Please play and then I will invite you to visit my beautiful country and enjoy a caprese salad, ravioli and some wine.
Prego!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:05 pm

Will we be sending our moves via PM to you? I only ask because if we submit them to the thread others may read then post, which kind of defeats the purpose of the game.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:22 pm

Yes. your orders will come to me by pm (like the werewolf kills/ sage scans) and I will post the results here. I have decided to try and have only one thread per game, i.e. for diplomatic banter, insults (in character of course) and chat. I will also post the results there.

Some playing tips: Form alliances (by pm) but do not hesitate (evil grin) to attack your "allies" when they are weakest... it is a game of alliance and betrayal...

(I read that often the GM forbids players who know eachother in real life - for this first game I will allow this (V and Amaris), but in the next games, I will give you France and Russia, as they are not so close together...)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:16 pm

I know Madvlat, Brennor, Amaris, Biton, DoomulusPrime, etc, etc... Real Life. So that can be tricky :)

I have to read the game, but I would rather be Russia, and not Hungary -- I can't let MadVlat start off dictating who I play. Is the Unicorn Clan an option? :)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:17 pm

Not dictating, just having fun. That is what its all about...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sat Nov 15, 2008 12:03 am

Now you will die! I declare Anti-Diplomacy on MadVlat!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:04 am

Awesome, comrade. We will adopt the Romanov women into the harems of our worst soldiers. Soon only the cresent moon shall hang above the city of Moscow. Wartime ranting, rant, rant, rant... :lol:

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:13 am

Go ahead and give me Germany.. I might as well be the start of the 4th reich. I mean, SOMEONE has to be the bad guy!!
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"

3rd-I
Level 5
Level 5

Post by 3rd-I » Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:41 am

I guess I'll go for the patriotic option then