Diplomacy 1: Learner Game

Diplomacy is a strategic board game. Its main distinction from most board wargames is negotiation: Players spend much of their time forming (and betraying) alliances with other players. Set in Europe just before the beginning of World War I , Diplomacy is played by seven players, each controlling the armed forces of a major European power.
Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Diplomacy 1: Learner Game

Post by Amaris » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:51 pm

Ciao my friends! Melvyst has seen fit to invade my territory, is this right? Melvyst, I ask you publicly please cease to ignore our formerly friendly borders!
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:08 am

Ah, the western European states know nothing of true diplomoacy. Not like my friends to the south in Turkey, they would never think to invade Mother Russia.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 12:39 am

...Our friend the Czar speaks the truth, the Ottoman empire would not wish to take the lands of the Rus. Who knows what we would catch in such a place. I of course mean this only in the best of ways...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:10 am

You wouldn't want to catch any lead poisoning that is certain.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:14 am

(I have heard of some people - who had been friends - never talking to each other again after a game of diplomacy)

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:29 am

I tend to take territorial domination personally myself.
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:32 am

...Oh yes my friend. Look what eating paint chips has done to the Romanov family. Perhaps, you should consider not having your precious fabre-something eggs made in China...

By the way Grim this is mild to what we normally say during a game.
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 4:29 am

Snippet from a Turkish newspaper...
Two Goat Gazette Turkish emmisaries sent to quell Austrian's lust for land. Today, Booga Boo Sharif Kabob, Turkey's top negotiator; was sent to discuss acts of possible aggression initiated by the Arch Duke of the Austrian empire. Emir Tuktuk, stated his wishes were to end Austria's southward aggression, which could end over seventy five years of peace between the two nations...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:21 am

...And yet another...
Two Goat Gazette Prussian Nationals Tortured Today, three Prussian nationals suspected of an elaborate conspiracy were tortured by their iron handed Russian captors. Hans Wankerfaust 38, Fredrik von Weinerhausen 25, and Peitor Knochwurst 30; were beaten relentlessly by members of the imperial families newly formed secret police. Their alleged crime according to official reports, stated that the three men had attempted to soil the provencial governors borsch. There was no legal council permitted to the trio as they were hit repeatedly with inhumane implements of torture.

The ordeal was not stopped until Red Cross official's were notified of the abuse of authority by unknown sources within the agency. Seventeen hours after it had began the three men were released into the care of the Italian and German born representatives of the red cross and taken to an undisclosed location...
Story reported by the Turkish Propaganda news Ministry.

Kilroy
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Kilroy » Wed Nov 26, 2008 8:19 am

I am not pleased by foreign aggressors moving near my borders. Withdraw now or face the mobilized German War Machine!!
"If at first you DO succeed, try not to look surprised!"