Diplomacy 2

Diplomacy is a strategic board game. Its main distinction from most board wargames is negotiation: Players spend much of their time forming (and betraying) alliances with other players. Set in Europe just before the beginning of World War I , Diplomacy is played by seven players, each controlling the armed forces of a major European power.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Diplomacy 2 Fall 1901

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:48 pm

I'm totally confused as to where we are with this game.

What should we be sending you, is the map current? And why has it been 2 weeks since anything's happened? I'm really pretty lost as to what the status is of this game.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:30 pm

It may be my fault I screwed my build move up

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Mon Feb 09, 2009 9:30 pm

The Fall 1901 builds should have been submitted on Friday. Tomorrow, Tuesday spring 1902 moves should be due...
...And the stone of the earth and the wind in the sky bowed before the wisdom of the Ancient One...

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:31 am

Sorry. I am still waiting for Evilmonkeys builds. I thought I had posted something to tell you, but no such luck.

sempai
Level 12
Level 12

Post by sempai » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:45 am

Evil Monkey has not been on the site lately... :(
EvilMonkey wrote:Guys sorry that I'm not posting but there have been some RL issues that need to be tackled(need a job going, back to school, Problems with a few friends, and on top of that I have been feeling very under the weather) I hope to be back up to speed soon. however with the constraints on my time I will most likely be dropping a few games. World of mortals unfortunantly is one of them(sorry Nate).

-Tim

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:31 am

What should we do?
My suggestion is the following:
- If I do not get builds on time, I will build something reasonable and get on with the game.
- What should I do if I do not get moves on time?
My options:
a) late orders are automatically all holds
b) wait two days and if no post comes then, they are holds
c) wait until the player posts.
d) post orders myself (without looking at the other nations orders) that fit in with the general strategy of the player.

What do you think? Here, one player can really hold up the game. I do have full understanding for RL issues though.

Amaris
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Amaris » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:43 am

Late orders should be holds and builds should be random (use the dice maybe). I thought everyone should get one freebie - but that doesn't work too well when more than one person forgets.
Just my opinion. (Actually both V and Amaris are voting for this idea)
7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea.

Melvyst
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Melvyst » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:08 pm

I agree with Amaris and V idea, unless there is a problem with the site :)

Just be aware that I'm in Europe and have around ~10h time difference between you guys. So last minutes proposals usually end up to late for me.

Grimbold

Post by Grimbold » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:25 pm

OK. I will do it like this:
a) I will post to the game this afternoon and if I do not hear from EM, his builds will be random.
b) From now on, everyone gets one freebie mistake. After that, builds will be random and orders will be holds.

Any comments?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:01 pm

EvilMonkey hasn't posted since he posted being out. He hasn't read any PMs and I believe he's basically gone, again, from the site.

I say, Random Builds, Hold Orders. Since the game is TUE and FRI that is easy to remember, 2 times a week, you have 4 days between to send in orders. There really is no excuse, you don't have to wait until the last minute. Send them in ahead of time, etc.

I say, if you really want to be nice. Each person gets a single "1 Day" grace period. Once total, if they haven't sent them in by the extra day, Hold Orders it is. Some people will have used this already.

FRI and TUE, its not hard to remember. Perhaps, Grimbold you might want to post the morning of or the day before, to nudge people to remember if they haven't sent you orders in.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring