General OOC Stuff

A place for Player'€™s to post any and all of their Out of Character (OOC) comments. Posts will range from casual comments to player/game information.
Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Re: Tokens - Revamped

Post by Eanwulf » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:44 pm

Thanks you two. I still might try to touch them up as time permits. I've been making some test maps and don't like the following:

Tokens need a defining border edge...thinking of a simple thin black edge to give contrast.

Though the names appear to be readable up close, from a distance they appear as noise. Will try to work on this.

All in all the tokens are simple projects to create, most anyone can do it with Photoshop CS 3!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

New Tokens

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:32 am

Refresh the Roster Section Dealing With Tokens and Let Me Know Whatcha Think...
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: New Tokens

Post by Brennor » Fri Jul 31, 2009 3:29 am

Those tokens are awesome!
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Heads Up

Post by Eanwulf » Fri Jul 31, 2009 8:05 pm

Thanks for the compliment Brennor!

Just a friendly heads up that I have read up to Vardaen's post thus far and am about to head into work. Will post most likely around Sunday as I am about to start my week of working split shifts (4 hrs in the early am and then 8 hrs later that night) in order to complete my managerial training. At least I get more money at the end of it all!

Be safe and keep up the post-combat parley!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Getting a Facelift!

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:48 pm

In all the crap that I have been trying to squeeze in between work shifts and personal affairs, one of them includes making myself a new image for my Avatar.

As you can guess, I prefer the Viking theme and found a clever little image in the Wizards of the Coast Free Image Gallery of a rather Viking-looking dwarf.
I have an artist friend here in Florida that is being so kind as to use her Wacom Tablet to start adding some color to the image for my avatar. Here is her progress thus far.
Still work left on the project, but feel free to comment if you wish.

I myself, likes it!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Getting a Facelift!

Post by Trogdor » Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:57 pm

Very nice. I've always envied people with artistic talent (of which I, alas, have very little).

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:00 pm

I can barely pull off a stick figure.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Brennor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Brennor » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:21 pm

Yeah, me either. That is looking rather nice!
[url=telnet://brennor.dyndns.org:1896]Akarian Dawn MUSH[/url]
SRGC v0.22: SR2+++ SR3++ h+ b+++ UB+ IE+ RN W+ dk+ ri+ ad+ m+ gm+ M- P+

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Building a Better Spellcaster

Post by Eanwulf » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:56 am

Wayloss brought up question that has me thinking about how we do spell memorization. I really used to like the open book policy similar to 3.5 edition Sorcerers - that is you can cast X amount of spells per day from the selection you currently have. This seems to be a tad bit unbalancing as higher level wizards would then wind up having a virtual plethora of spells at their disposal each and every day. Some could say that this helps balance out the fact that they are so paper-skinned and can go down easily in a fight whilst others say that it then makes sorcerers rather bland and unnecessary.

I can't help but feel that Clerics really need addressing. Divine power is just that, Divine and as thus - a lot of their spell selections should be more versatile. A lot of of clerical spells seem to be reversible (cure/cause, bless/bane, etc.) and one could assume that - through prayer - a cleric could have access to either variant as long as they took the time to memorize the placeholder for the appropriate variant. Kind of a spell-setting similar to a gun (single shot, burst, or full auto). I have no idea if Pathfinder addresses these issues or not but am up for suggestions and ideas on how we could make spellcasters be just that - spellcasters.

Feel free to use this thread to ping some ideas back and forth. Should we go to a spell point system, free access, interchangeable/reversible allowances, etc. Start sharing some ideas!

Once again, sorry for saying no Wayloss, I just wanted you to start remembering to update your spell selections before going into battle!

Love and Natural 20's

Wulf/Rob

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Game Delay

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:15 pm

"Once again, sorry for saying no Wayloss, I just wanted you to start remembering to update your spell selections before going into battle!"

Allow me to start off by retracting this comment and apologizing to Wayloss. I didn't even think about looking at the Edited by Wayloss as October 2, 2009 portion. He did indeed update his spells! Sorry bro!

Now that I have addressed that issue, I just wanted to pop on late night to let you all know that I have to do a minor rewrite on this next round of combat. I forgot that your next set of actions comes 'after' the two opposing sides have had their chance to act. For some reason I did it backwards lmao!

Will post tomorrow once all is set right!

"I SLEEP NOW!"