General OOC Stuff

A place for Player'€™s to post any and all of their Out of Character (OOC) comments. Posts will range from casual comments to player/game information.
Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: Game Delay

Post by Vardaen » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:21 pm

No Prob Wulf...

Also I like you new avatar.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:15 pm

Heh, thanks! I finally got the gal to finish coloring it for me!

Man this next post is a doozy! Trying to make it read right, so taking time with the revision.

Can't wait til I finish putting together some easy mass-combat rules!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:31 pm

BTW, I'm running late on a bunch of things. Ash was going to hold off this round until the programming on the previous illusion finishes, so he can renew the illusion next round in a slightly different place.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:20 pm

Stated at the end of the game's latest post about Ash and Chance not having taken their actions and am allowing you both the chance to double-act in your next post. One for the previously untaken action and then one for the next.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Ambush Plans Outside the Moathouse

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:02 am

I wanted to take the time to address Vardaen's ambush proposal.

It would appear that he wants the majority of you to cross over the moat via the rope and then follow him up the crumbled tower and along the moathouse walls. Kor and Torgunn would then scoot their way along the mucky embankment and eventually make their way to the entry gates. There, they would then rush in to ambush the two bandits.

As they do so, the remaining party members would then fire down upon the unsuspecting guards, whilst Raven does his best to try and backstab/flank his opponents. Check the following map for a crude setup of how things would wind up being.
The map, though crude, shows the basic courtyard as it stands now and the 2 guards' last known positions. Please note that they do roam about and occasionally check the moathouse entrance as well.
The only perceivable flaws in the Raven's plan are these:

'¢ First is that the guards do indeed roam about and there is no guarantee that they won't suddenly come popping out of the entry way and possibly spot Kor and Torgunn during their approach.

'¢ The second is dealing with the Raven's attempt at approaching invisibly. His spell only last 4 minutes, 2 of which will most likely be spent waiting for the others to arrive and begin crossing the moat. If they take their time to cross (Take 10) it would eat up another minute and then 1 more to Take 10 and try to climb the tower (safely that is). All in all, he would wind up running out of time to position himself safely and most likely wind up poofing into view unexpectedly.

Feel free to take this OOC thread to discuss what you want to do and then I shall take it from here. By all means, feel free to NOT Take 10 if you so desire, but know that you risk falling into the moat and possibly down off of the tower if so.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: Ambush Plans Outside the Moathouse

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:11 am

I notice a few problems here.

First was to NOT have Kor and Torgun cross the moat via the rope, but via the main road, letting them RUN straight over the ground and door, and peventing the foolish attempt of having the dwarf shimmy over a rope above the water. This would save alot of time I think.

If Raven can't invisible move in time, he could still attempt to climb down the inner wall and hide in one of the corners and then charge out with the others flanking, etc as combat deems fit. Regardless, if there isn't enough time to position while visible he can get with the others on the wall and drop down later.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Dec 08, 2009 12:35 am

Kind of figured that Raven would do such, climbing down and hiding, etc. So is a good possibility of success there, i.e. enough time to drop down and squat in hiding, relaying position to Ash whilst others begin their crossing over the moat.

OOPS...Sorry...

Yeah, some reason I was subconsciously trying to prevent Kor and Torgunn from having to try and evade the frog(s) in the pond! Reckon if they give the place a wide enough berth, they might be able to avoid it, extremely lucky die rolls arguing otherwise of course... After all, the frog pond was one of Gygax's main welcomes/understandings to just how crappy the moathouse can be /wink!

Hopefully another player or two will respond, so we can start setting things in motion soon! For now however, I must run some more errands. Back a little later on to check things out.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:38 am

Ah, well if it doesn't appear possible for the guys to avoid teh frog (the map in this thread sort of cuts that off) then yeah get them over the rope, but I'm still not sure how agile Torgunn is :)

Anorin
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Anorin » Tue Dec 08, 2009 1:52 am

... I'm not too into the whole run past the frogs idea. Maybe it's just me, but I think the lovable meat shield and cleric will be surronded by three giant frogs looking for tasty man/ dwarf flesh.

Kor has a pretty good climb skill with that kit, can't speak for Torgunn though. Either way we'd be relying on the dice to be lucky. Either unlucky for the frogs or lucky for the climbing warriors.

Another thing I'm slightly concerned about is having Kor and Torgunn on the lower level while everyone else is up high, there is a high possibility for being cut off from each other there. Granted Ash and Chance aren't melee characters... still.

Oh one thing that needs to be confirmed, is there an obvious way for the bandits to get up on that wall (scary thought).

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:21 am

Short of climbing the walls themselves, no. The SW tower appears to have once allowed access to the rampart walls, but sadly the top portion is rather collapsed and in a state of total disrepair.

For what it's worth, think of the moathouse as a former 2-story structure that has had almost all of it's top-floor collapsed and devastated.

Mechanics-wise, crossing the rope would be a DC 12 Climb in order to hand over foot, Splinter Cell, leg-scootch across, with another DC 12 to Climb the tower remains. This being said, you really only have to worry about Ash & Llorne as they both have +0 Climb ability, Take 10 will do nothing for them. The rest are all easily able to Take 10 and make it across NP.