Chapter One: The Toad and the Crow

The Empire lies at the centre of the Old World, bounded by tall mountains and dark forests. It is by far the most populous of the Human nations and claims to be the most powerful. Ruled by the commanding statesmanship of Emperor Karl-Franz, the Empire is a strong bulwark against the foul beasts and blasphemous cults that threaten the stability of the Old World. Gripped by division and confusion, hard times are coming to this powerful country. What has Fate in store for the simple and pious men and women who live at the monastery of St. Adelard?Run by the GM Grimbold
Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Re: Chapter One: The Toad and the Crow

Post by Grimbold » Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:14 pm

"Have you also had the dreams? Here, not everyone has. Only those connected in a special way to their god have. They started four days ago. Just when the Toad, I mean Graf Norbert, was killed. We buried Ferin Muller in the cemetery this morning. You see, we do not have a temple, but we have a shrine, I can lead you there if you want to see for yourselves."
More people stop and stare at Victor, Sir Wolfgang and Gandogar (and the others).
I fear we will not have any new players. I am absolutely fine continuing with three. I will just have the others go away, soon.

s1lverstyle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by s1lverstyle » Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:22 pm

"Watch out with what yer sayin' manling. Ah might not be a runepriest, but Ah pay me dues to the gods, just like ye do. And else, These dreams might've more ta do with Sigmar than with the dwarfen anchestor gods."
Gandogar grumbles as he crosses his arms.
"Though Ah must say I really like this Reikspiel "Reward" word. What ye say Young Victor? ye think we can take that beasty on?"

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:58 pm

Sir Wolfgang chuckles. "Well so far we've managed to thwart a Chaos sorceress on multiple occasions, and even slay a Shadow Beast that stole minds and souls. I would relish a fight with an actual flesh and blood creature that wanted a straight-up fight. I doubt it'll be that straightforward, but we can hope. Your weapon ready to crush it's skull in two?"
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

s1lverstyle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by s1lverstyle » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:52 am

"Heh, that poor sod won't know what hit 'im once we're finished with 'im"
Gandogar says confidently as he unslings his pickaxe.
"Ah'm always ready, hows aboot ye?"

EarinShaad
Level 3
Level 3

Post by EarinShaad » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:19 pm

Victor tries a grin, but it seems more like a grimace. He bows his head slightly to the people watching. Then the young man turns around and speaks in a hushed voice to his companions.
"I am not sure if it is wise to be so overly optimistic. We have a mission to fullfl, let us not get sidetracked by hunting some creature. Am I am not sure if we can kill it, either. What if it defeats us? Who shall then take care of the abbot´s order?"

s1lverstyle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by s1lverstyle » Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:46 pm

"Don' be a pessimist lad, Ah think the group can manage it. Besides, we have ta go trough the woods ta deliver the book. We probably get attacked then, and Ah'd rather fight somethin' on our own turf in the village, then ta get me arse kicked between the trees.
The dwarf spits on the ground a second time and looks menacing at the treeline, as if he would want to burn the whole forest down.
Then Gandogar shrugs and puts his pickaxe on his back again.
"But lets not get ahead o' ourselves. We should seek out more information about our road anyways before we move on...

And Ah could really use a beer."

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:13 pm

"I agree," says Sir Wolfgang, "we need more information. Let us rest the night here, replenish our supplies, and talk with more of the townfolk to see what other news we can gather. Then in the morning we can head into the woods towards our scholar. And if the Beast should cause a ruckus in town while we're here, it will not live long to regret it."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

EarinShaad
Level 3
Level 3

Post by EarinShaad » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:00 pm

Victor nodds heistantly.
"Agreed. Let us find some kind of inn ot the like, where we can stay."

Grimbold
Title: Professor
User Class: Scholar

Post by Grimbold » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:45 pm

Brother Theoderich shrugs. "We do not have an inn here or something like this. You see, most people here are peasants who belong to the Graf. So they are not allowed to go to inns or the like. If you really want to kill the beast, we would gladly find some kind of accomodation here in the village. But we are poor people, but we will share what we have. You could also try the castle, of course, but do not expect a warm welcome there."

s1lverstyle
Level 3
Level 3

Post by s1lverstyle » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:09 pm

"Well, lets first see your leader. We'll decide afterwards." Gandogar says with a nod.
"She might also know aboot these black lily umgis. It's been a while since we've come across those."
The dwarf looks at sir Wolfgang before adding,
"Ye still got that mask lad?"