PRELUDE - A Note About a Job

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Re: PRELUDE - A Note About a Job

Post by Cattywumpus » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:38 am

" By Berronar! You know I could not let a cry of help go by without answering the call. Ya scalllywags! Of course I will take ya up on the prospect." says Knarra, slapping her hand on the table for emphasis, " Besides, a few more coin for the needy will not go amiss, I say. An we have had a baby boom in the last month too! Three healthy lads an' a bright little lady, we must work ta keep them hale, I say." Knarra's easy smile lights her face as she speaks. "I say we share a round, who's buyin'?"
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:10 pm

Berek pushes one of the mighty humps of Dwarven ale standing on the table toward Knarra. "This ones on the music man" he says to the priestess with a smile as he raises the heavy tankard to a toast. "Let's drink to the money to be made mates!"
Big Pimpin...

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Mon Oct 12, 2009 2:02 am

Knarra smiles and greatfully takes the ale. Raising her ale, she smiles and says, "Aye, To you Lucky John, a one man force behind baby booms in many towns I am sure." Knarra smiles teasingly at Lucky John and takes a gulp of ale. "For sure, Lucky John gets Lucky and soon there are many Lucky boys runnin' around and one day all the world shall play the lute an' look like Lucky John." Knarra grins with mischief sparkling in her clear blue eyes.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:18 pm

Lucky John raises his pewter tankard and emits a hearty laugh. "To greater endeavor's and the fattening of our purses". The mugs clink and the trio drink to their fortune. "Tomorrow then my friends we meet at my humble abode. Then travel to the estate of Miss Vanderboren"...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Prelude Ended

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:52 pm

This prelude is over. Action will now move to the first chapter.