PRELUDE - A Note About a Job

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: PRELUDE - A Note About a Job

Post by MadVlat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:01 pm

The fiddler nods back to the barmaid with a smile on his face. Then turning to Berek once more he whispers, "Any port in a storm, eh' Berek". He continue's shortly after with, "I would be asking the priestess to join our endeavor if she found the proposal interesting enough". John casts a lingering glance at the blonde haired dwarf at the other table...

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:19 pm

Berek smirks at the mention of the priestess "She's nice enough but suffice to say that welll..." the Dwarf let's out a huff and is apparently at a lack for words"she doees not like my kind of music. But if this is legitamate buisness I wouldn't see why we shouldn't have her along. Her selflessness might also warant a bigger piece of the pie for us. But you know all there is to know about idealists..."
Big Pimpin...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:40 pm

"That I do my friend, that I do", the bard answers in reply. "Now what do you know of a woman called Lavinia Vanderboren, for it is at her behest we gather?", John speaks quietly in dwarven to the rouge...

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 pm

"For all I know she's dirt rich. Which is definetly a good thing." Berek says with a chuckle "and for all I know she's not involved in any illicit activities. So a bit of spiritual guidance would be sure to help" he says with a look over his shoulder towards teh attractive Dwarf lady.
If you don't wan't to be understood in a Dwarven tavern it is best to speak elven...
Big Pimpin...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:08 pm

True that. Oops!
John notices his friends eyes and smirks to himself before speaking. "Well then it sounds solid enough. Shall we invite the sister over for words then?"...

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:30 pm

As the tavern boy arives with the ale Berek locks Knarra with his iceblue eyes and as it seems he has gotten her attention half barks half purrs "Sweetie. Care to share a drink with two old friends aye?"
Big Pimpin...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:36 pm

As John thinks about the matter he suddenly recalls where he heard the name of Vanderboren lately. There were some sailors talking a few weeks ago about a ship that burned to the waterline just a mile or two out of town. It was owned by a Lord and Lady Vanderboren who were both on board at the time. Rich aristocracy with money and trade interests.

They'd had two kids, a boy and a girl, both in their twenties now, but had apparently left everything to the girl. You hear the brother wasn't too happy about that. But the poor girl... A rich heiress, all alone in the world. From what the sailors said, the guy who was there for her would be sitting pretty.

As for Berek, all he can remember is that the Vanderborens are rich merchants or something. They have an estate in the Merchant's district and trade interests through the area.
I made Knowledge(local) checks for each of you.

Berek got a result of 13.

John rolled a natural 20 and got a 28. Good going MV. You got more info than I expected.

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:53 pm

Knarra smiles at the Smith, makes an excuse and shakes his hand. Leaving the table by the door she moves back to the table where Berek and Lucky John sit hunched over.

She considers them carefully a smile playing around her lips. She says,"Well gentlemen, you have my ear! What can I do for ya and make it clean or I'm like ta give ya a ringin' ear!" Knarra smiles playfully.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:05 am

Berek chimes into a hearty laugh and pulls over a chair for the lady and with an elegant gesture indicates for her to take a seat "Well this fellow here would like to meet your rear." after chuckling a bit about his own joke he continues gesturing towards Lucky John"and this fellow here has something for your ear!"
I guess this is where either Trog takes over or we wait till tomorow...
Big Pimpin...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Sat Oct 10, 2009 3:08 am

John shoots a look to Berek and stands in welcome of the priestesses company. Though a womanizer in his own right his history has found honey to be more effective than vinegar. "You have a chance to fill the coffers of the church upon the morrow dear Knarra. I do hope you will forgive my friend". Once she is seated he retakes his own and pushes the dwarven ale to a position directly in front of her. "I am short on time so I will make my proposition quickly. Tomorrow we have been invited to the Vanderboren estate in the merchant district. There is promise of work if we possess the ability to remain discreet in the handling of the task. I know that all of us here could certainly use coin and therefore hope that you will find time to aid this poor woman in her hour of need". John then cast a smile to the pair sitting opposite of him and utters with a wink, "Besides what can it hurt to listen to the woman's proposition?"...