Chapter One - A Noble In Need

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Lavinia's Troubles

Post by Trogdor » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:15 pm

After a few moments an elderly halfling woman comes to the door. "May I help you?" she says, looking up at him.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sat Oct 17, 2009 8:58 pm

"I am sorry to be late but I am with the group that recently had company with your Madam. Is there any way that I may join them or have they already departed? I am sure Shumba and Daerith are wondering where I wandered off to." he says to the Halfling woman. He figures mentioning the group by names may have sway on if he is allowed into the house.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Mon Oct 19, 2009 7:04 pm

The woman narrows her eyes for a moment, looking the druid up and down. Then she nods and says simply, "come in. They're having coffee in the courtyard." Then she leads him quickly to a haven of nature within the build up area of the house.

The others see Kora usher the half-elf into the courtyard.

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:10 am

"LORIEN," Shumba exclaims excitedly as the half-elf arrives, "joo made it mon!"

The rugged half-orc then turns towards Lady Vandeboren and exclaims, "Joo must forgive him m'lady - he's not used to being around people berry much!"

Shumba then goes on to add, "Hah! I'm actually surprised to see that he's even showed up at all!"

Nevertheless, Shumba quickly saunters over towards his friend and then does his best to fill him in on all that he has missed - going so far as to brag continuously about the sumptuous feast that he has missed!
arkahm can use this brief interlude as time enough to be brought up to par and what not! Feel free to reply with your acceptance/denial of the mission - just know that Shumba is going to help and does his best to get you to come along as well!
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:36 am

"Welcome," Lady Vanderboren says, stepping forward to take Lorein's hand. Quickly she introduces herself and anyone Lorien does not know. She offers to have a later supper brought for him, or just something to drink if he prefers. Then she proceeds to summarize what has been discussed before, that he might be brought up to speed.
Consider everything of import from the thread to have been repeated.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:45 am

Daerith offers a polite greeting to Lorien when half elf arrives, "Better late than never, good to have you we were just working on the details of a favor we are going to do for Ms.Vanderboren here." Dearith makes the introductions between Lavina and Lorien since he's the true link between the two.

"Now then back to buisness, I believe we have sorted out most of the job. I wonder if there isn't something we are leaving out." He ticks off items from his fingers as he tries to be systematic about it, "Payment. Location. Item. I believe we should be ready." He stands in the middle of the courtyard, a nice cup of coffee now in his hand. "My friends, new and old, tonight we do justice for our esteemed host. We shall recover that which has been stolen from her by this foul person, Sollar Vark. Our goal is simple, slip on to the Blue Nixie, recover the ring, and slip back here with it. Let us hope that this is all a miss understanding, but something dastardly is afoot, and we all can feel it. So be ready for conflict, but let us not race headlong into battle where we can avoid it, diplomacy has it uses remember." He smiles to Lavina and bows, "I say that by dawn, your property shall be returned to you my friend." He completes his bow and smiles, taking another sip of his coffee.
I think unless something else major comes up Daerith is ready to start this little venture.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:21 am

Berek merely nods in salute to the Half-elf altough his demeanor is not too friendly. His grey-blue eyes study the man carefully trying to size him up, but from the looks of him he is not overly happy to be working with yet another elf.
Big Pimpin...

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:32 am

"Well spoken Daerith, but it would seem that you have forgotten one small detail". Foxcombe's face breaks into a sly smile before he speaks again. "Who shall lead this small venture? For too many chief's could spoil even the best efforts of the tribe. Would you not agree?"...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:11 am

"Oh dear," says Lavinia when John raises this question. "I hadn't thought that by bringing in two groups I might lead you to a question of leadership." She smiles. "Well, I'm sure that you can work this out among yourselves." She sets her coffee cup down on the small stone table before her and stands up.

"I think it's best if I don't hear the details of how you intend to go about this. I'll remain here all night, and will make sure that someone is awak by first light. Should you need us before then, please ring the bell and we'll be sure you come right to the door." She smiles again and bows her head to the group of you.

"Please stay as long as you like. Kora can let you out. And thank you again for helping me." Then she takes her leave of the courtyard.

MadVlat
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by MadVlat » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:06 am

John rises to his feet when Lavina stands and prepares to leave, always a perfect gentleman in mixed company. "As you wish Lady Vanderboren". As the troubled heiress departs he retakes his seat and turns to Daerith, "Well good elf, we are both learned men. How shall we handle this minor detail?". The bard knowing that the ever grumpy Berek will not take kindly to recieving his orders from an elf...