Chapter One - A Noble In Need

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Lavinia's Troubles

Post by arkahm » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:58 am

Relieved on being led to a courtyard and not being shoved into a small room, Lorien feels much more at ease. "It seems to be a just plight in helping the woman.", Lorien replies, "I will accompany you for now if Shumba has agreed to help. I leave his judgment to be my own since I was unable to be here for the main conversation."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:56 am

"Well if anyones to lead this "Expedition" Berek says with a smirk for the question remains if they will need a leader for this simple task "my voice goes to Lucky John. He's good with words and smart and he'll be best suited to talk to the rat who's sitting in the Vanderborn boat. So can we finally get going before day breaks again?" the fact that there will be a nother Elf he has to cope with for the remainder of this mission makes Berek even more impatient and he sees no real point in discussing who will be the leader now as afterall each of them likely has their area of expertise.
Big Pimpin...

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:48 pm

Knarra idlely twirls a long braid aroun her finger. She seems deep in thought over something after Lavinia leaves and not at all interested in the debate over leadership.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 7:56 pm

Daerith stands and excuses himself for a moment to actually leave the room when Lavina does. The Elf puts the conversation of leadership on hold a moment as he exits with the Lady of the House. The group can make out a whispered conversation between Daerith and Lavina in the hall, but what is said is a mystery. A few minutes later the Elf returns to the courtyard patio.

"Well, thank you all for waiting so kindly, and for your offers of help in the matter." He looks speficially at Lorien who is going along simply because Shumba is (at least for now). "We can speak of a leader now if you want, but I see little point in it. We have already laid out the goal and the target, and while no doubt Lucky John is a capable man, certainly charasmatic enough for the group of us, should we limit ourselves by choosing some leader? I know next to nothing about any of you, save what little I have learned tonight and what I know in passing. Nay, I say we take on this take, work together with one another as peers and colleages. Each of us no doubt has talents the other does not, I for example and skilled both with a blade, and with the arcane powers of wizardy, while Knarra's pios nature shines out. I would never think to give the fine dwarf woman orders on how to pray or mind her soul."

He picks up his coffe cup, finishes it off. "What say you all to simply taking on this task and working together as equals. Respect for each other's abilties, and for our Host, will carry us far. Once we have finished the job, if there are more things to do, then we will have a much clearer picture of who is suited to lead, or what sort of leader we require."

He looks around at the group, each person in turn waiting for a reply from them.
Trogdor, PM about the convo coming.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:05 pm

Shumba merely shrugs as the topic of choosing a leader is discussed. The young half-orc knows in his heart that when it comes right down to it, that everyone will eventually follow their own path and as such, no one person could ever do anything to change the fact!

Regardless, the squat warrior soon chimes in with his own 2 coppers' worth...

"Who says we needs leader mon!? I gots no problem looking after alls of joo! What says that we simply make sure to agree on any given thing that we must do and then do our best to see it through to the bitter end!? Less room for argument over seeing who has the bigger Johnson that ways mon! No offense der Mistress Knarra!"

Shumba then begins to chuckle wryly as he suddenly realizes that he has pretty much said the very same thing as his colleague Daerith - though not in quite so many words.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:19 pm

While he hates himself for having to say it Berek agrees with Daeriths assessmnet of the situation "Words well spoken elf. So can we now finally cut the gibberish and get to work... I'd say it's best to start when the nights still young, it leaves us more options."
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:35 pm

Daerith nods to Berek, "I agree Berek, we need to get to it. I only would suggest we plan two things while we are safely located here. The first, is to make sure everyone understands the skills and talents of everyone else so we can work cohesively, the second is to plan a way to get on the boat without being seen or atleast without being noticed as out of place. This second option however is perhaps best planned when we reach the harbor and have a good view of the Nixie."

He then collects his things, putting his long elven curved blade back on his belt, cliping the buckle together tightly, and then grabbing up his cloak and dressing in it. "I for my part am a skilled mage, and handy with the blade as well. I came prepaired with my mystical powers readied to enchant my blade and my armor, as well as to send a group of people into a deep slumber, plus of course a few other magical tricks."
Just to make sure we all know what each other can do, I think its important we understand the skill set of the group, espcially the other group. Its reasonable to assume Shumba, Daerith and Lorien all know each other's talents, and John, Knarra and Berek knows theirs, but the two groups are now one, so we should share.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Eanwulf
Level 18 Elite
Level 18 Elite
Title: The Grey
User Class: Berserker

Post by Eanwulf » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:51 pm

"I AM SHUMBA!" roars the rugged and compact 'jungle-native' looking half-orc quite proudly as he leaps to his feet and stands to his full height of five feet. He then adds, equally as dramatic, "Fierce warrior and hunstmen of the Rawenki Tribe! I can fells any manner of man or beast with my bow from sixty paces and will gladly skin any alive that are foolish enough to try and face me in personal combat!"
Do my best to look rather Intimidating!
Making sure that all around him knows that he is indeed nothing to be trifled with, despite his rather laid-back demeanor, Shumba then pauses dramatically for effect before concluding the following in a rather friendly tone - once again smiling quite disturbingly.

"None of joos fret however, for I am now friend to joo alls!"
Last edited by Eanwulf on Tue Oct 20, 2009 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When Life Hands You Razorblades. You Make A Baseball Bat Covered In Razorblades!

Cattywumpus
Level 8
Level 8

Post by Cattywumpus » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:58 pm

Knarra gives the half-orc a suspicious look as his loud proclaimation wakes her from her internal monologue. Knarra smiles suddenly and gets to her feet saying, "Well, What are we waitin' for!" and moves toward the door.
++?????++ Out of Cheese Error. Redo From Start.

-- (Terry Pratchett, Interesting Times)

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:58 pm

Berek is none for bragging but figures it won't hurt to let them in on his more obvious talents "I can get on the ship unnoticed and Berta here" Berek says as he lovingly pats the massive axe which he is wielding in one hand as others might wield a dagger "she'll cut down anyone who might notice me afterall."
Big Pimpin...