Chapter Two - To Kraken's Cove

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Questions and Answers

Post by Trogdor » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:37 pm

Captain Javell takes the pen and parchment and writes a very simple letter to her first mate. "That Vanthus is a piece o' work, that's fer sure," she says as she writes. "If ye ever get wind o' where that sea slug is hidin' send me word an' I'll try and help ye put him down." She pats the letter dry with a bloody handkerchief and hands it to Daerith.

"I saw the Sea Wyvern was lookin' okay outside. Her captain's dead, so she's unclaimed. I was thinkin' o' takin' her meself. But I got another ship already. An' ye need it more. She's a fine ship. An' with a good captain," she smiles at Chanur, "an' a few good sailors," she spares a glance at Wavedancer and Fin, "even a bunch of lubbers like you can't keep her from getting ye t'Sasserine."

"I wouldn't try an' cut Devoraz off on the coast, though," she adds. "He knows these waters better'n most. An' he's gonna be tryin' not t'be seen. Unless yer much better sailors than I think,. ye'll waste yer time tryin' te find him an' might lose yer lady in th' process."
Devoraz,

Call off the attack on the Vanderboren Estate. If it's started, then stop it. Vanthus ain't coming back home.

I owe these people a favor and this is their payment. I'm trusting you to keep good to my word.

No plunder. No captives. No killing.

Come back right away. If the bullywugs make trouble, they're on their own.

Harliss Javell

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Daerith reads the letter, and pins the earing to it, placing both safely into his sash pocket. "Thank you for the advice. We need to be gone from here, like now." He considers the work plunder on the note and then looks around where they are now. "I guess any loot in this place will have to be left behind. We need to get moving folks." For the first time Daerith doesn't seem to care about treasure, and just wants to be away and get back to save Lavina.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Dec 28, 2010 10:55 pm

"Oh one more thing, what does your First Mate Devoraz look like? How will we know him, besides the horde of bullwugs he'll be with?"
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02 pm

Chanur relaxes as the situation seems to be calming down, moving his hand away from his rapier.

"Aye we can get it back to the harbor I would think, specially with our new friends here they look capable. Well Captain, it looks like our fate is to part ways for now, I do hope we meet again. Fair wind and following sea's."

Chanur bows with a flourish and makes ready to leave.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:02 pm

"He's a big half-orc with lots o' tattoos an' only one eye," Harliss replies. "I don't expect ye'll have any trouble findin' him."

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:24 pm

"We don't have Shumba wit us anymore, an more than that there's quite a few wild animals out there in the jungle. I say were better of usin that ship out there to gets us straigth back to Sasserine. Afteralls we should find a temple and a priest capabable of curin us as soon as possible!" Berek states in reply to Daerith his mood clearly sour but he seems determined to make the best of the situation.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:17 am

"Agreed Berek, we make for Sasserine then straight away. We'll take Sea Wyvern as our payment from Vanthus. Hook the sloop on the back and make for the city. We need to find Lavina first, then worry about finding a priest after that. Perhaps she will know someone of suficient skill, if not, Sindu I assume your friends in the Temple of Wee Jas will be able to help us. Let's go, and on the way out let us not forget the chests we stashed on our way in. No time to explore the rest of the caves proper." He bows to the Captain, "If you are sure you don't need a lift, then this is good bye. I hope we can meet again, perhaps on better terms." He glances at Chanur, "I'm sure we would all find that agreeable."

Unless there is more to talk about, Daerith makes for the treasure chests that the group left in the sailcloth chamber and from there to the Sea Wyvern with what loot that can be crried out in tow.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:06 am

"Wee Jas would be the first place to seek on our return, Daerith. They will surely help with this sickness." he says, remembering the large donation left in the church coffers. He then follows Daerith through the chambers, helping to load the chests to the Sea Wyvern.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:18 am

Chanur tosses a grin at Daerith at his remark.

"Lets shove off, time to work on your sea legs!"

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:40 am

"Good luck t'all o' ye," Captain Harliss says. "I'd have fought with Kigante t'keep ye away from his treasure. But since he's dead now, it seems the group o' ye has th' better claim." She smiles. "An' I've no desire t'go back in there either." Harliss gives you a mock salute. "An' cuz I don't want t'see some bloody twisted pirate get it, let me warn ye t'look in Kigante's room down the hall, where he fell. I know ye're in a hurry. But he had a fine magical sword with a griffon on the hilt. Not as nice as mine," she taps the sword at her side. "But it'd look a bit nicer on your side than that one, boyo." She gives Chanur a wink.

Then, without another word, she slips off down the eastern corridor.