Chapter Two - The Wormfall Festival

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Spinning a Yarn

Post by Chanur » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:29 pm

Slipping the ring that Daerith gave him off his finger he slides it over to Daerith.

"Thanks Daerith, it came in very handy. I figured you might be wanting it back, though it was rather dashing on me I think."

Chanur flashes a grin at Daerith.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:31 am

When the stories begin, and knowing Daerith likes the attention on him, Sindu quietly goes to a corner of the room. He sits cross legged on the floor palms up and closes his eyes. Quietly murmuring something, you figure possibly a prayer to Wee Jas, he sits as if meditating on some inner energy. As he sits strait backed, some signs of his weariness dissipate. As the stories end, he rises from his rigid position and returns to his companions at the table seemingly refreshed from the previous ventures.
Attempt to purge the disease from my body using Purity of Body that I gained for level 5.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:57 am

Daerith reaches over and takes the ring back, "I agree, your hat looked rather nice on me..." he winks and slips the ring back on his finger. Anyone can see he was bluffing about wearing Chanur's hat, h never actually put it on. "We have quite a bit of things we'll want to sell off, and Berek, your leads on the Taxedermist Shop, should be about due? I think we may find we have a sizable amount of gold in our pockets even after a donation to the temple to get this disease removed."
Take ring back and updating sheet.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:15 pm

" I don need no gold. I lost a friend was dear to me. This a time for mournin. WE can talk bout mone later." the dwarf sighs as he returns to the kitchen with the empt pitcher onl to return shortl thereafter with another and to disapear to his room.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Daerith frowns, he can understand Berek's attachment to the blade. He waits for Berek to leave the room and looks at the other a bit remorseful, "I was only thinking of getting him a replacement. He's really taking this hard if he doesn't care about gold."
Ready for those healing! ;)
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:09 am

"We should get him something good, he can have some of my share if it will help."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:32 am

Fin looks about the room, apparently bewildered by the preceeding events.

"I don't quite understand. It was an axe; not even a magical axe. Why is he taking this so hard?"

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:52 am

" A man that lives by his weapon forms a very special bond with it. They live and die by the sword...or in this case axe."

Chanur caresses the handle of his rapier while he speaks.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

The end of a long day

Post by Trogdor » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:11 pm

As Tolin is on his way out, he takes Daerith's proffered hand. "No hard feelings at all," he says, his normal arrogance absent for a change. "That was a tight situation. We owe you guys one." Then he rushes off to get a priest.

The couple of hours is spent catching each other up, resting, and mourning the loss of Berta. Everyone tells their tale so that you are all caught up. You learn of the daring defense made by the Jade Ravens, and how it was finally overwhelmed by the bullywugs. You discover, thankfully, that although some of the Vanderboren wealth was gathered together, nothing of significance was taken.

Eventaully Kora forces her way up and heads to the kitchen, with Kaskus following. Ostensibly the dwarf goes to keep her company, but you all know that he's going to make sure the older halfling doesn't push herself too hard. For all that she's been healed completely, the trials of the last several hours have taken their toll on her. "I'm afraid it may be time for Kora to retire," Lavinia says, once her housekeeper is out of the room. "She was getting on in years when I was a child. At the very least, I need to get serious about hiring a staff to help her."

A little later the issue of paying to have your disease cured comes up and Lavinia raises a hand. "I'll take care of any required donations to the temple of Wee Jas," she says. "You were injured in my service. It's only fair I see to such things." And when talk turns to the loss of Berta, she also adds, "I know a good dwarven smith in the Noble's District. If you trust his workmanship, we'll get you a proper successor to Berta." She knows better than to even imply it would be a replacement.

In time, two priests of Wee Jas arrive, dressed in their finest robes. They've clearly stepped away from participating in the Wormfall Festival in some way. But having been warned of the possibility of disease in a city whose population has been swelled by the festival, they've come quickly. They perform a quick diagnosis and find Berek, Daerith, Chanur, and Wavedancer in need of treatment. Sindu, silently meditating since the battle ended seems to have rid himself of the foul disease on his own. Once granted time to rest and get the proper feel for how the disease had effected his body, the monk was able to use the power of Wee Jas to burn any trace of infection from his body without the need of healing magic. For the rest of you, however, there are spells and scrolls that removed the disease as efficiently, though with a bit more fanfare.

Once they've departed, Lavinia gathers you all around the table. "You have my deepest thanks, both Jade Ravens and Sea Wyverns. Without you all, I would have lost everything, including my life. I owe you all a great debt of gratitude. So I give you the Jade Ravens and the Sea Wyverns." She raises her glass. "Success and good fortune to you both."
Lavinia will pay for Cure Disease and will get Berek a replacement MW axe, if he wishes.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: The end of a long day

Post by mackaber » Mon Feb 07, 2011 10:03 pm

Oddly the clerics cleansing rituals also wiped the effect off the hard liquor from Berek's mind but can not fill the hole in his sould he was wanting to fill. He takes his seat at the table a glass of fermented grape juice in his hands he gloomil joins the toast and drinks. He appreciates Lavina's generosit but clearl it can do nothing to lighten the Dwarf's spirits. Instead he begins to think about buisness and is eager to find out if anone might be interestted in purchasing a new house.
Berek will gladl take lavina up on her offer. Since I alread bought the axe I'll add the cash back to m sheet. Also how is the sale of the taxidermacy shop coming along?
Big Pimpin...