Chapter Three - Life on the Ocean's Waves

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Chapter Three - Life on the Ocean's Waves

Post by Trogdor » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:01 pm

A week into your expedition, both ships have settled in and are running smoothly as they approach the headland out of Jeklea Bay and into the Azure Sea, known simply as 'The Hook' to local sailors. With several more days until you get to the Hook, and the small settlement there, you are enjoying your last time on the relatively calm waters of Jeklea Bay.

As you come to a sheltered anchorage for the night, a signal comes from the Blue Nixie. Lavinia is inviting the Sea Wyverns, Amella, and Avner Meravanchi over for dinner. The prospect sounds good to all. For while Churtle has proven to be a surprisingly good cook, Lavinia's ship's cook has a reputation second to none.
Last edited by Trogdor on Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Chapter Three - Life on the Ocean's Waves

Post by Chanur » Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:55 pm

Chanur finds Churtle to let her know we will not be here for dinner.

"Churtle, The Sea Wyverns, and Amella , and I will not be here for dinner this evening. We are to dine on the Blue Nixie. Thank you for the good cooking so far."

Giving Churtle a chance to answer the leaving when she is finished Chanur goes and changes into his better clothes and grabs a bottle of Brandy to bring to dinner.

Stepping out on deck the captain orders the small boat ready to be lowered, so the crew can travel to the Nixie when ready.

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:48 am

Sindu welcomes the chance to see the Nixie. Although the Sea Wyvern is a fine ship, he has heard the Blue Nixie is a ship worth seeing. He changes into his finest robes and prepares to be transported to the Nixie.
Sorry about the delay in posts but we are almost to finalize on the new house. I've been bugging the crap out of our broker to see if the appraisal is done.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:37 am

Daerith smiles, "About time." When the invite comes over via the singal flags. He is on his way to get dressed when he hears the Captain talking to Churtle, "Avner is invited as well Churtle, I'm sure he'll want to come."

Daerith then changes into his finest attire, he bought some changes of clothes for the trip and puts on one of the nicest ones he has now, not the one he's been working and living in on ship. Making sure the charts are nice and safe, he straps his adventure's sash on over his clothing for some added flare, and then Torothalion on his belt of course, the magus is never without it.

He heads up to the boat, ready to cross between the ships.
I have nothing to add to the other thread.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

TetNak
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
User Class: Brewmaster

Post by TetNak » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:15 pm

Wavedancer is not one for politicking, he does, however, dress as finely as he is able. He has been a sailor for a long while now, and that does not lend itself to fancy dress. He waits patiently for the others as well, certainly not about to go it alone.
"Kings have no friends, only subjects and enemies."

- King Stannis Baratheon, First of His Name

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:05 pm

Everyone dresses for dinner while one of the boats is lowered. Soon you're all ready to be ferried across to the Blue Nixie. Given the fact that most of the crew of the Sea Wyvern is heading over, one of the smaller boats is lowered, and you're sent over in two groups.

You arrive up the side of your consort to be met by Lavinia, changed from her normal working clothes of pantaloons and shirt into a fine sapphire-colored dress with a blue diamond pendant around her neck. The flag that Daerith provided is flying from the mizzen.

"Welcome aboard," she says, as each guest arrives. "We've both had time to shake out our crews and our passengers, so I wanted to get everyone together to celebrate the start of our venture. Time was so pressing before our departure. And I thought it best to do so while we still had some of our freshest stores available."
FWIW, I figure it's Chanur, Avner, Daerith, and Fin on the first trip, Wavedancer, Berek, Sindu, and Amella on the second trip.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:18 pm

Bowing to his friend and employer , Chanur flourishes his hat.

"Lady Vanderboren a pleasure to see you as always. I brought some Brandy so we can celebrate like sailors. Perhaps get drunk and sing sea shantys."

Chanur gives his friends a happy grin.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:04 am

Berek waits patiently for the boat to return. He's keen to get off the ship even if it is only to get on to another ship but this one is clearly getting the better of him.
Big Pimpin...

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:14 am

Daerith makes sure he's on the first row boat over. Climbing the ropes to the deck he reaches the top and offers a deep bow. "Lady Vanderboren, it has been too long since I've had the pleasure to look on your face." He takes her hand and kisses it. He attempts to be a bit more formal and reserved with so many others around. "The rest will be along shortly." He motions as the boat starts back to get Berek and company. "I see your new flag waves, I'm pleased by that. And more so to have this chance to dine with you and talk of the adventure that waits us all." He is beaming in her presence, his face aglow.
He wears a dab of the perfume/colgone, not enough to use it up or probably get the bonus, but enough to smell nice and not like a shiprat.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Wed Mar 09, 2011 2:25 am

Fin dresses as finely as he ever has, which is to say about as well as one could expect from a career sailor. His leathers are fresh and his armaments shined and polished, with a high quality seafoam green priest's vestment worn over, but ultimately he looks much the same as always; Fin is as ready for trouble as he is dinner.