Chapter Three - Life on the Ocean's Waves

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Liberty and Resupply

Post by Chanur » Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Chanur wakes to the knock at the door being woken from his happiness sooner than he would have liked. He breaks his fast with Liamae and grins from ear to ear all morning. As they get ready to leave he pulls her into his arms and kisses her passionately.

"You will be in my thoughts as we sail. I cannot remember ever having so wonderful an evening."

With that they leave, he is not worried about hiding or leaving secretly.

As they gather on the dock and wait for the boat to pick up passengers Lavinia mentions their plans.

"It will be as you commanded Lady Vanderboren. Have no fear, the Wyvern will not disappoint. "

He says his farewell to everyone on the dock as they each head for their separate ships.

While his crew rows them to the deck of their ship he sneaks a few glances at Liamae. Once on board it feels like home and Chanur finds his first mate.

"I trust we are ready to get underway Amella? Did you enjoy your evening?"

After checking in with her, he takes a quick trip around the ship making a last minute inspection, making sure cargo is secured and greeting passengers and crew a like.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:34 pm

Daerith is there for the meeting, and is doing his part as navigator. He goes over the charts and routes with the navigator for the Nixie and in the end has the stop locations and times plotted out to the last hour. He isn't going to miss a chance to visit with Lavina if the ships some how get seperated. In the end he strides up to Lavina and hands her a sealed scroll. "Our navigational plot points and other boring things. Don't bother opening it now, you can go over the numbers later when you've nothing better to do." He winks at Lavina, in a way that prevents Tolin from seeing it. Then making sure his hand touches her a moment longer than is needed he backs up. "Captain Chanur! The Sea Wyvern Navigator present and ready for duty. Permission to go aborad and get this venture underway!"
A little bluff there to make sure Lavina doesn't open Daerith's letter in front of everyone. Its a note of affection inside some other boring techincal stuff (two pieces of paper). Wrapped inside the rolled scroll is a local flower he picked for her. He can't just send her off that easily!

sheet updated for papers
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:58 pm

"Navigator Daerith, permission granted. Good to see you . Let's get the Wyvern out of this bay and let her stretch her legs." Giving Daerith and Lavina a quick glance." I will meet you on board after you have finished discussing ships business with Lady Vanderboren."

arkahm
Level 8
Level 8

Post by arkahm » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:39 am

Evening at the Wyvern
After bidding the others a good night, Sindu is off to bed. "Thank you all for a wonderful evening but tomorrow is an early day, and a busy one. If you will excuse me, I will retire for the night. Continue to enjoy yourselves as long as you would like." He returns to the kitchen to find Churtle. "A wonderful meal, as always, Churtle! Thank you so much! Please let them enjoy themselves and afterwards could you clear the meal? I am exhausted and wish to go to bed." After Churtle assures him all will be taken care of, he returns to his cabin to get a well deserved rest.

Morning on the Wyvern
Sindu awakes early to start preparations for sail. After a short breakfast, he goes to the main deck to prepare lines and check rigging when the others arrive. "Ahoy all, he calls to the docks. With the Captains permission, we should begin to get the Wyvern underway, yes?" It is clear Sindu is getting the hang of a sailors life. He greets the others as they come aboard paying particular attention so no one is left unaccounted for.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:14 am

Fin struggles to hide a smirk at Daerith's display as he boards the Sea Wyvern.