Chapter Three - The Voyage South

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Re: Trouble in Paradise

Post by Chanur » Fri Jan 06, 2012 9:58 am

Chanur breathes a sigh of relief glad that diplomacy has worked. He also smiles at the thought of Avner confined to the ship, it serves him right. He then looks to spend the right of the day with Liamae if she is interested, Avenr is Lavinia's problem she insisted he come.

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Trouble in Paradise

Post by mysticknight232 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:32 pm

Wavedancer bows deeply to the Chieftain and slowly backs away after presenting the gift to him. Daerith continues to apologize to the man while the rest of the Sea Wyverns do what they can to help.

At least, the mood shifts and while the Chieftain isn't jovial, he is clearly satisfied by the outcomes. The mood in the rest of the village softens and people begin to go about their business. Unexpectedly, Wavedancer feels extremely proud of himself and his actions, knowing that the item he presented helped turn the tide of situation as much as the words of the Navigator.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Return to Paradise

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:15 pm

For the next glass or so things are a bit unsettled at the village of Renkrue. But the natives are not the sort to keep trouble alive. As it becomes clear that the chieftain has accepted the apology of the Sea Wyverns, so too does everyone else. By the time two glasses have past, everything is almost back to normal.

Avner, for his part, has willingly gone back to the Sea Wyvern, claiming that he's "bored with this primitive village and will retire to the ship." Barnaby goes with him, but Quenge remains on shore to gather a few more personal supplies for the Meravanchi representative. Barnaby is too good a servant to do more than raise an eyebrow in apology. But Quenge is more indiscreet, apologizing openly for Avner's actions.

Lavinia returns and is briefed by Daerith and the others. She's immensely relieved that the Sea Wyverns managed to diffuse the situation, and is moved by Wavedancer's gesture. In fact, she offers to replace Wavedancer's dagger with her own. This should be a cost borne by the expedition, she explains, not any individual member - at least until they got to Farshore and she had a chance to explain things to Avner's uncle, the local representative of the Meravanchi family in Farshore.

Liamae joins Chanur shortly after the ruckus ends, still beaming from the beautiful (and magical) pearl she's received. "I think I'll have it set in a ring, or perhaps a bracelet," she says to him, taking hold of his arm and leading him away from the center of the village. "I wanted to thank you properly for being so thoughtful," she says suggestively. "But I couldn't think of a way to do it on my own." They round the corner of a hut and come face-to-face with an extremely attractive native girl of about nineteen. "So I thought maybe Tikka could help." Both Liamae and the girl smile broadly. "I had Anya explain it all to her, and it turns out she's a romantic herself. She said the gods would be disappointed if we didn't celebrate such a thoughtful gift properly." She grins wickedly and tilts her head toward the secluded hut. "You wouldn't want to offend the gods, would you ... ?"
I'll give everyone one last chance to post their down time in Renkrue, then I'll have you depart. You'll stay at the village overnight for a large luau, and will leave at dawn.

And yea, that Liamae is a wild one.

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Return to Paradise

Post by mysticknight232 » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:55 pm

Wavedancer, content with how this trip ashore has turned out, relaxes for the remainder of the day...assuming no ship related duties need tending to. Despite his life on the water, he can't help but sit on the beach overlooking the water in this pristine place.

Perhaps I could retire here someday. the Sorcerer thinks to himself. I could be just another Shaman in a simpler life he muses.

While enjoying some downtime, Lavinia herself approaches the Half-Elf and offers him his dagger to replace the one he gifted to the chieftain. He graciously accepts the gift in return for his deeds. "Thank you kindly ma'am" says the Sorcerer. "I only did what I thought would best help our group and I'm just thankful everything turned out alright in the end."

I'm good to go. Ready to enjoy the luau and picked up all the items I feel I needed.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:44 am

Fin spends much of the day helping the local shaman as a gesture of good will as well as trying to learn as much as possible about the local religions and practices of these people. After Avner's upset has died down, he thanks the shaman for his part in the resolution and takes his leave to do a bit of bartering.
Mostly Fin will get some fresh fruits and restock on ingredients for potions. I'd also like to trade for the ring of protection if no one else wants it.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Post by Chanur » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:22 am

Chanur smiles at Liamae "I think a braclet would look lovely on you." She leads him around the corner and is happy to follow her anywhere with the way she is talking. Once realisation hits he agrees "I am nothing if not devout." Grinning he kisses then both and let's them lead him off.
Rebellious sorceress are gold. Thanks for updating my sheet I'm ready to go on. Great job Wavedancer and Daerith.

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Sat Jan 07, 2012 1:51 am

Berek enjoys the festivities and the liquor served and parades around with his newest nifty gadget a a necklace made of rhino horn.
Big Pimpin...

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

The Luau

Post by Trogdor » Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:40 am

For once it's V who's last to post (because he was out of the office today). So I'll move forward and let him back-post.
The village of Renkrue seems a nicer place with Avner not in it. Both natives and visitors agree to that. This good mood only intensifies at the luau that evening where several pigs are roasted and there are fires, dancing, drinking, and more. Everyone shows up for the festivities save those few who were chosen by lot to stay on board the ships as guards.

The locals display their tribal dances and music, as well as a performer who manipulates a flaming stick in a way that would earn him a good living as an entertainer in Sasserine. The visitors return the favor by breaking out some of their instruments and playing some of their favorite tunes. Despite the language barrier, much enjoyment is had on both sides.

The height of entertainment comes when a very drunk Lirith challenges Zan to a mock duel 'to show the locals what we can do.' Never one to turn away from a chance to show off, the rogue agrees, and there is an impressive display of fighting until the slightly less drunk Zan is able to maneuver Lirith so that she stumbles backward over a tree trunk being used as a bench. The natives find this uproariously funny, and thankfully Lirith, in her current state, does as well. She and Zan are seen later, arms over each others shoulders, singing drinking songs together.

Late in the evening, while a small group of Lavinia, the Sea Wyverns, and the Jade Ravens are enjoying some fresh fruit after a dance display, Conrad Horst, once the fake Father Feres, comes up to Daerith and Chanur. "Begging your pardon," he says. "But I wonder if I could have a word with you?" He clearly comes here as supplicant, looking for some kind of approval. When given leave to talk, he proceeds.

"I know we've had our differences," he says. "And not without reason." He shakes his head. "I've done some things I'm not proud of in my life. But nearly dying - especially like I almost did, with one of those things in me - changes a man. I'd like to turn over a new leaf and start fresh. The thing is, I know that if I get back to civilization, even a place like Farshore, I'm likely to fall back in my old ways. But here," he gestures around at the village, "here I can start anew. No one here is going to judge me. I talked to one of the shamans here - he's one of the locals who speaks some of our language - and he said he'd take me on as his student. I know enough about religion and magic from faking it so long, I figure it's about time I put that knowledge to some good use. So with your permission," he looks at both Daerith and Chanur, "I'd like to stay here when the Sea Wyvern leaves and make a new life for myself. Might even try and see if a local girl will have me and start a family.
BTW, I forgot to mention, Chanur can easily get a nice shell necklace or the like for Amella. It can easily be given without anything implied, as many of the women on the ships have received them as gifts from the locals. (The local women weren't the only ones being friendly this afternoon.)

Also, before anyone asks, I rolled Sense Motive checks for everyone. Here are the results.
Berek 21, Chanur 17, Daerith 3, Fin 25, Wavedancer 18
Everyone thinks that Conrad is genuine when he says he wants to turn over a new leaf. (Daerith is certain of it!)

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite

Re: The Luau

Post by Chanur » Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:49 am

Chanur will get her the necklace then it sounds perfect.
Chanur sizes up Conrad."Perhaps its you, my romantic nature, or the drink but go with my best wishes. Fair winds and following seas. We will check in on you during the return trip should you change your mind . Unless Daerith disagree''s."

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Re: The Luau

Post by veritas » Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:09 am

Fin smiles at Conrad's words.

"I believe you, and good on you I might add, but we should likely check and see if it's ok with the chief in the interest of avoiding any further faux pas."