Chapter Five - Bleeding Out

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Chapter Five - Bleeding Out

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:24 pm

Having arrived at a burning Farshore, the Sea Wyverns have split up to deal with the various threats they've identified. Fin has been assigned the closest threat, a man dying in the streets near the docks.
This is a thread for Fin only.
Last edited by Trogdor on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Bleeding Out - Round 1

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:27 pm

After a quick jog over to the man bleeding his life out onto the street, Fin can tell that he's a middle-aged man with a stab wound in his side. Lying on the ground next to him is a box full of lab equipment, some broken, and half having spilled from the box. A quick assessment shows that he has about a minute before he bleeds out completely.
No initiative needed on this one. Fin can just post his action.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Bleeding Out - Round 1

Post by veritas » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:22 pm

Fin reaches down and lays his hands upon the man, praying to Procan to heal his wounds.
Sacrifice Shield of Faith to cast Cure Light Wounds on the man, sheet updated
Does the man look like a pirate or a settler? I just kind of assumed he was a settler, but figured I'd check

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:09 pm

As Fin prays to Procan, a soft green glow surrounds his hand and the man's bleeding stops. He's still in no way well, but at least he regains consciousness.

"Oh dear," he says when he sees Fin hovering above him. "Who are you?" His voice echoes the ambivalence in his mind. He feebly raises one hand. "If you're one of those pirates looking to take me captive, you've got another thing coming." It's a hollow threat. But the man clearly has some backbone.
CLW: heals 9 HP

He's definitely a colonist.

As for the healing, you got him above 1 HP, but he's still pretty bad off.

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Thu Jan 09, 2014 12:55 am

Fin shakes his head and continues his prayers, speaking after his work is done.

"No, my name is Fin. I'm a cleric of Procan, working with the Sea Wyverns and Lavinia Vanderboren. Our ship was separated from hers in a violent storm, Procan had other work he wished us to do in the jungle... but it appears that we've arrived here just in time to help.

"I'm supposed to rendezvous with my compatriots at the temple, is there some place you can go to hole up until we've dealt with the attack?"
Sacrifice the empty 4th level spell slot to cast Cure Critical Wounds on the man, sheet updated

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Bleeding Out - Round 2

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:41 pm

Fin calls upon Procan once more and the man looks substantially better.

"Oh yes," the man says, gathering his wits quicker than most would in a similar situation. "Lavinia said there had been another ship traveling with her. We've been watching for you these past weeks." As he speaks, he quickly picks up his belongings. "Hevrik Aldwattle, by the way," he adds with a nod by way of introduction.

Then, in response to Fin's question, he replies, "yes, yes, I was headed somewhere safe when a pirate caught me with a lucky strike. I should be fine. You go tend to the chapel. We'll talk more when this is done." He smiles weakly. "And welcome to Farshore."
Fin casts CCW on Hevrick: 30 healed

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Re: Bleeding Out - Round 2

Post by veritas » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:53 pm

Fin gives the man a reassuring smile, "Thank you, and I'm pleased to make your acquaintance. Procan guide you to safe harbors."

With that, Fin checks the surrounding area for pirates or other civilians in need of attention...
Assuming there's nothing else of note in the area, Fin will advance towards the chapel, readying his trident and shield as he moves.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Re: Bleeding Out - Round 2

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:33 am

Aldwattle is safe, and so Fin rushes on. This time he's heading toward the chapel, where some pirates were trying to break in to get at the people huddled inside. There was no way this priest of Procan was going to let those pirates defile a chapel like that.
I'm going to make a uniform map for everything and put everyone on it. Fin will join the map on Round 5, having used a Move action to get to the edge of the map.