Chapter Five - The Chase

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Chapter Five - The Chase

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:54 pm

Having arrived at a burning Farshore, the Sea Wyverns have split up to deal with the various threats they've identified. Daerith has taken it upon himself to rescue the woman being chased by a disgusting-looking half-orc.
This is a thread for Daerith only.
Last edited by Trogdor on Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The Chase - Round 3

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:05 pm

Daerith bolts over toward the nasty half-orc chasing the local woman, getting to the site of the chase in record time. Just as he does, the woman rounds the corner, sees him approaching, screams even louder, and slinks over to put her back to the building she's been running around. "You won't get me," she says, pulling a knife from her belt. "I'll die before I submit to any of you pirates!"
Ruby runs around the building as shown by the shaded out versions of her counter. The pirate isn't visible, but you know he must be on the far side of the buildings.
Round 3: Ruby 22, Daerith 21, Anvil 9

Effects
Daerith: Haste

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Re: The Chase - Round 3

Post by Vardaen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:21 pm

Daerith comes running, having drawn his blade as he moves, "I am Daerith Amyln, Leader of the Sea Wyvern, and fiend to Lavina Vanderboren. We only just arrived, these pirates will meet their end at the point of my blade! Get down, this dog is about to die!" He then races round the house the way the woman came, as he turns the corner he spys the pirate, "You! You've come to a bad end pirate!" He leaps forward, blindingly fast, his blade leaping out to take the head of the man, no parley, no quarter, just a lighting strike as Torothalion is flickering with flame.
Pre-Combat (Round 2), Draw Torolthaion while moving, AP for Keen, Flaming, +1

I have a 70 Speed now, I can make the round, clockwise to the pirate, I counted twice.

Torothalion: Keen, Flame, +1 (Use line 31 (Arcane Pool +2), Two Handed, Attack, use Arcane Accuracy +INT to attack for the round (+6) not factored on sheet.

I removed the APs.

Attack +20, Keen 17-20x3, d8+5 +1d6 Fire

Step Up and Strike if he moves away.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

The Chase - Round 4

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:40 pm

Daerith offers a quick reassurance to the woman. At first it does little good. But at the name 'Lavinia Vanderboren,' she seems to relax, at least a little. Or at least her terror goes down by a notch. This is enough for Daerith who spins around the building at lightning speed, bringing Torothalion down on the half-orc's shoulder, giving it a solid cut and burning the wound at the same time.

"Oh, so you want a piece of her?" the pirate asks. "There's enough of her to go around. You can have her after I'm finished with her." Then, seeing that won't fly, he raises his scimitar and swings at Daerith. But the magus is ready for the attack and easily deflects it.

With the woman nowhere to be seen, Daerith acts again.
Daerith moves and attacks Anvil: 28; hit for 8 + 6 fire = 14 total damage

Anvil attacks Daerith: 22; miss
Round 3: Ruby 22, Daerith 21, Anvil 9

Effects
Daerith: Haste
Anvil: -14

All others at full.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Re: The Chase - Round 4

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:37 am

"I'm not here for her, I'm here for you Crimson Pirate! What do you want in Far Shore, who's your Captain?" He ducks the scimitar of the man and spins around his side, trying to push him toward the building some to keep him off balance. His blade now moving at even greater speeds turns cold as well as hot! The flames become blue burning with frostbiting cold, and Daerith is in a bit of a rage, ready to end this man, "You'll not live to regret coming here." Torothalion slices out over and over again...
AP for Arcane Accuracy Again: +6 to ALL my attacks this turn
Haste for a bonus attack (forgot the haste bonus on my sheet, fixed)
Spellcombat

First: Chill Touch (CoD which is Auto with 1st level spell), use Spellstrike Option to deliever with Torothalion

Then attack with Torothalion 3 more times! (+1, Keen, Fire d6)

Chill Touch (as normal not touch) d6 Negative Energy, -1 STR (Fort Save DC 17)

My Attacks Are:
+19 Attack, d8+5+d6 Negative Energy+d6 Fire, -1 Str or Save (KEEN! Crit 17-20x3)
+19 Attack, d8+5+d6 Negative Energy+d6 Fire, -1 Str or Save (KEEN! Crit 17-20x3)
+14 Attack, d8+5+d6 Negative Energy+d6 Fire, -1 Str or Save (KEEN! Crit 17-20x3)

DIE ANVIL DIE!
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:58 pm

Daerith replies that he's here to save the woman, not share her with a foul pirate like him. Anvil replies with the laugh of someone used to being at the top of the food chain. "There won't be enough of you left when I'm finished with you for Slipknot Peet to even know you were a pointy-eared elf." He smiles. "That is, unless I cut your ears off when I'm done and give them to him."

The half-orc is arrogant. But he's never faced a skilled magus before. And Daerith shows him why he should have been afraid. With three criss-crossing swipes of Torothalion, he completely eviscerates the half-orc pirate. The first strike is low, cutting into his side; the second catches him in the shoulder, spinning him around and nearly cutting his arm off completely; and the third is a gory wound that opens up Anvil's neck, causing blood to spray everywhere, though Daerith is deft enough to step out of the way of the red fountain. The magus is prepared for a final strike to the head, but before he can manage that, the lifeless body of the half-orc falls to the ground.

Though Daerith can't see the woman from where he's standing, he can hear the sounds of fighting from the town square and battering of a door at the chapel.
Daerith full attacks Anvil and Spellstrikes Chill Touch: 34; hit for 12 (+ 2 fire) (+4 negative) / "17" (=36); threatened crit (28; crit) hit for 36 (+ 6 fire) (+4 negative)/ "20" (24; crit); hit for 30 (+ 1 fire) (+1 negative) / 19; miss = 96 total damage - very very dead.
Spun Around: triple damage and target is flat-footed for one round
Gory: triple damage and target is sickened for 1d6 [5] rounds.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:08 pm

Daerith spits on the pirate, and looks down at him for a moment. Then with voice raised high he shouts for the woman to hear, "THE PIRATE SCUM IS DEAD! TELL YOUR FRIENDS THE SEA WYVERNS ARE HERE! HOPE IS NOT LOST! FARSHORE WILL NOT FALL!" There is no time to loot the man, so he turns, the flames on his blade turning black with power and he races off to join Berek and Wavedancer in the middle of town near the temple and the well.
Nice!!!!

Torothalion and Chill Touch remain for minutes. 5 Uses of CT left. I run/double move @ 70 to join Berek and Wavedancer

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:31 am

Shouting that the pirate is dead and Farshore will not fall, and hoping that the woman hears it, Daerith rushes on to the chapel, where some pirates were trying to bash down the door with a ram.
I'm going to make a uniform map for everything and put everyone on it. Dearith will join the map on Round 5, having used a Move action to get to the edge of the map.