Chapter Five - Slipknot Peet

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Re: Farshore Burning - Round 4

Post by mackaber » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:32 am

Berek flicks blood from his axe as foam drools from his mouth the enraged Dwarf screams.

"Who o ye pirate scum is next?"

Man I so love suprise shift! Most awesome thing since sliced bread!
Big Pimpin...

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Farshore Burning - Round 4

Post by mysticknight232 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:02 am

The pain in Wavedancer's head momentarily diminishes after he sees the Pirate Captain fall. Berek is now in the thick of things so Wavedaner trys to take out as many of the pirate thugs as possible so Berek doesn't get surrounded.

Standing his ground, Wavedancer shifts the point of his spear slight to the left and let erupt another two ribbons of fire direction each at two different pirate creeps.
Fire another scorching ray. One ray at P5 and the second ray at P6.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Farshore Burning - Rounds 4/5

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:44 pm

Wavedancer fights back the pain in his head and tries to clear the decks for Berek. Two more rays of fire fly. One strikes a pirate straight on. But a stab of pain ruins the half-elf's aim on the second one.

The colonists then strike back, but only one blow connects. Still, it's a decent hit, cutting open a gash in the pirate's leg.

Following this, the pirates react. The one that can, attacks Berek, giving the dwarf a light cut on the shoulder; another takes on a colonist, but sees his blow parried. Two rush Wavedancer, but can't hit even one of his images. the last two in the square simply flee in terror. Finally, the five near Daerith swarm him, one moving around the building to get him from behind. Four scimitars swing, and one dagger flies. But Daerith ducks past the dagger and spins around, using Torothalion to parry each of the four attacks in turn.

Fin, just arriving on the scene, and the other Sea Wyverns, have a chance to react.
Wavedancer shoots scorching rays at P5 and P6: "1" (25; no fumble); miss / 19; hit for 13
Damn rotten luck for Wavedancer this fight.

Four colonist swordsmen attack Peet: 16 / 10 / 18 / 7 - one hits for 7

Morale checks for pirates near Berek: 3, 21, 18, 3, 12, 12; two failures and four successes.
P1 and P4 withdraw and run.
P2 moves and attacks Berek: "20" (9; no crit); hit for 7
P3 attacks colonist: 12; miss
Acrobatics to avoid AoO (DC 16): 21; success
P5 moves and attacks Wavedancer: 17; miss
P6 moves and attacks Wavedancer (+2 flank): 17; miss
P7 moves and attacks Daerith: 21; miss
P8 moves and attacks Daerith: 17; miss
P9 moves and attacks Daerith: 23; miss
P10 moves and attacks Daerith with thrown dagger: 22; miss
P11 moves around the building and attacks Daerith (+2 flank): 12; miss
(Note, all of the pirates have a +1 BAB or better, so they can draw weapons as they move.)

Remember, Fin only has a standard action, having used his move action to get onto the map.
Round 4: Berek 22, Daerith 21, Wavedancer 8, Various Colonists 4.4, Pirates 4.1, Fin 3
Round 5: Berek 22, Daerith 21, Wavedancer 8, Various Colonists 4.4, Pirates 4.1, Fin 3

Effects
The Sea Wyverns: Haste
Wavedancer: 1 Wis bleed
Wavedancer: Shocking Image [5 images]
Berek: 114/121
Wavedancer: Wis 9/10 (1 Wis bleed)

P2: -7
P5: -13
P6: -13
P8: -8
P9: -15

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Re: Farshore Burning - Rounds 4/5

Post by mysticknight232 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:04 pm

Wavedancer fights back against the terror that is slowly growing in this pit of his belly. Two partial spell failures has Wavedancer rattled more than he has ever been before.

Struggling through the pain, Wavedancer tries the spell one more time before giving up on it altogether. Leveling the spear parallel with the ground so that the point is aiming at one pirate and the butt is aiming at the other, Wavedancer channels his magical energies at both pirates again. Gritting his teeth, he doubles his effort at concentration since both pirates are right on top of him.
Wavedancer is getting worried but will COD another scorching ray targeting both pirates that are flanking him. Then I will take a 5 foot step east towards Fin.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:41 pm

Daerith laughs, "Why thank you for coming to me!" His blade is still flaming with black fire, and the touch of it will drain a man of his strength and burn his flesh at the same time. Dancing almost he sweeps around, hasted, and nearly impossible to dodge, Torothalion strikes three times just before Daerith summons another spell to his lips and unleashes bright red flames to ripple over the pirates. 'I've killed Anvil, now I'll kill you. you Crimson Pirates will regret ever coming to Farshore or messing with the Sea Wyverns!"
Hasted, Spell Combat

Torothalion is still: Keen +1, Flaming, Chill Touched (5 Left)

5ft South
Full Attack: start with #9, then #8 then #11 (if one dies move on to the next) KEEN (17-20x3), +15/+15/+10 for d8+5 +6 Fire +6 Neg, -1 STR DC 17

CoD Burning Hands (1st Level Auto Success) Originate from my SE Corner to hit 7,8,910. That should avoid any buildings.

Sheet updated
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mackaber
Level 17 Elite
Level 17 Elite

Post by mackaber » Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:16 am

There's only one more pirate for Berek to slay and he takes him out swiftly before moving past to colonists to kill the remaining pirate.
Continue raging full attack. Attack P2. Once he drops take him out move E SE with suprise shift and apply remaining attacks to P3
Big Pimpin...

veritas
Level 12
Level 12

Post by veritas » Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:37 pm

Fin arrives at the scene and is immediately met with a pirate in his face attacking Wavedancer. In response, Fin stabs out at the pirate with his trident hoping to remove the pirates' advantage.
Attack P-5 with Fin's trident

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:05 pm

Fin, just arriving at the scene, stabs with his trident at one of the pirates threatening Wavedancer, dropping the man to the ground. But then he looks at the half-sea-elf and sees blood coming from his ears. Something has happened to Wavedancer, and it isn't good.

Berek, with but two pirates left, moves to dispatch them both. At first he's a bit overconfident, a fact that the first pirate takes advantage of by parrying the blow. But then he gets down to brass tacks and slams his spiked shield into the man. Having been injured already by one of the colonists, this pirate falls dead to the ground. Then Berek moves quicker than the other pirate would have expected, getting into melee range, and dropping the startled man with two quick blows.

One of the colonists turns to Berek and says, "I don't know who you are, sir, but you have our thanks for coming to our aid."

Meanwhile, on the far side of the chapel, Daeirith is surrounded by five pirates. Torothalion swings and the number drops to four. Another swing, and there are only three. A third swing and the magus only faces two. Then Daerith holds up his sword and calls fire down upon the remaining two, hitting them both squarely on. The two remain standing, but both are burned badly.

Wavedancer, with a single wounded pirate remaining against him, acts.
Fin attacks P5: 22; hit for 9; DEAD
Fin makes a Heal check: 28; success - he can tell that Wavedancer is suffering some kind of ability bleed.

Berek attacks P2: "1" (34 - no fumble) / 31; hit for 12 - DEAD
Berek 5-ft steps, sudden shifts, and attacks P3: 20; hit for 10 / 18; hit for 15 - DEAD

Daerith attacks P9: 21; hit for 8 (+4 fire) (+6 negative) = 18 - DEAD
Daerith attacks P8: "20" (29 - crit); hit for 22 (+2 fire) (+2 negative) = 26 - DEAD
Daerith attacks P11: 23; hit for 10 (+5 fire) (+4 negative) = 19 - DEAD
Daerith's Conc. check (DC 17): auto-success
Daerith casts Burning Hands: 14 damage
Pirate Saves (DC 17): 5, 5; both fail
Round 5: Berek 22, Daerith 21, Wavedancer 8, Various Colonists 4.4, Pirates 4.1, Fin 3

Effects
Wavedancer: Wis 8/10

P6: -13
P7: -14
P10: -14

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:21 pm

Just want to clarify things Trog. You have me marked down as having acted, which I did post, but now note that I'm up. So, assuming i still get to go, I'll just amend my last post here and fire a Magic Missile at the lone remaining pirate that is adjacent to me and then I'll take a 5 ft step North to be next to Fin.

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin

Post by Trogdor » Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:08 pm

Oops, Because of the page jump I missed mk's post for Wavedancer. Here's the result.
Wavedancer faces the last pirate before him and, ignoring the pounding in his head, sends two more flaming rays at him. One misses, but the other strikes true, engulfing the poor man in a corona of flames. He screams loud enough for all nearby to hear, and falls to the ground a burnt husk, still burning with a magical fire for over ten seconds after he dies.

The colonist militia give Berek and the others a quick salute and say they must be off to run down these pirates. Moments later, they rush off into the smoke, headed deeper into the town. However, on the far side of the building Berek is standing in front of, he can see some of the colonists frantically trying to put out the fire, while others try and save things from inside.

Fin and the other Sea Wyverns, with few enemies in sight, can act.
Wavedancer takes 1 Wisdom damage from bleed
Wavedancer casts scorching ray at P6 (assuming both rays at him since P5 is down): "20" (crit: 26) critical hit / 10; miss
Hit P6 for 32 damage
Lingering Magic: Double damage this round and half damage each round for 1d4 (2) rounds

Colonists try and put out the fire in the building and save things from inside.
Round 6: Berek 22, Daerith 21, Wavedancer 8, Various Colonists 4.4, Pirates 4.1, Fin 3

Effects
Wavedancer: Wis 7/10

P7: -14
P10: -14