Chapter Five - A Trip to the Tar Pits

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Re: Reunion

Post by Trogdor » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:19 pm

Berek speaks up as people talk of future plans. "I've been looking at the state of the militia here," he says. "And it's in a sorry state. There are a few solid fighters. But most of the rest are half-trained townsfolk. I'm gonna take some time and teach them how to really fight."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:21 pm

"Good, get the new weapons into their hands, that will help them build confidence too." Daerith sips his wine, and studies their options.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:58 pm

"I wouldn't be much use in politics. I did live in a forest away from people after all. I am a fantastic guide or could help train those men to fight." Grask turns to the silent priest, "are you okay? You haven't said a word since we left Lord M's hall."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Sun Feb 08, 2015 5:24 am

"Berek if you stay and teach this sorry lot, who is going to show me how its done or chop his way out of giant monsters?" Chanur smiles. "I think you are right Daerith I will take some muscle but make sure you keep some around you. I don't trust Lord Meravanchi. Avner has some honor but I don't know about him. " Pulling his hat off he holds it in his hand resting it against his legs he turns to Lavinia "What have The Jade Ravens been doing? I did not see them at the meeting."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:17 pm

Daerith replies to Chanur, "I'll be fine especially if Berek remains in town, they won't dare come after both us of. I worry for you, if Berek isn't there the dinosaurs on this isle will have to perhaps eat you alive instead of him, and you are a bit more palatable than this sour old dwarf." He winks at Berek.

Perhaps Grask you could go with Captian Chanur and lend your skills to his venture.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:23 am

"Where ever I am needed." Grask says with a slight bow of his head. "I will do what I can to help."

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:09 pm

The Half-Elf stands and introduces himself. "I am Wavedancer, a Sorcerer of the Sea and part of the crew aboard the Sea Wyvern. I specialize in making things burn and then quenching the fires with sea water."

He too reaches out his hand looking to secure friendship with the new members.

Turning to Chanur he says "while I may have a silver tongue when needed, politics and I do not go hand-in-hand. I would be just as likely to set the Lord ablaze as I would sway villagers to our side after the filth he spewed today. I would very much like to travel with you to the ship and see what remains of it. The sea and I have been parted for too long already" he concludes. "Besides", he says with a grin towards Berek, "who will be there to keep your pretty face safe if our resident angry dwarf is staying behind to play pat-a-cake with his best friend the elf?" Wavedancer winks as Berek before he sits down again and continues his drinking.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Feb 19, 2015 2:13 am

As the meeting breaks up, the Sea Wyverns talk of some of them sailing north to recover the Sea Wyvern. Lavinia hears this discussion and comes over.

"That's an excellent idea," she says. "Another ship will give us more options when the attack comes. We'll make sure you have enough people to fix your ship up and sail both ships back. But do hurry. We also need those people working on Farshore's defenses."
So, it looks like the group is splitting up. Chanur, Wavedancer, and Grask going to recover the Sea Witch, Daerith, Fin (NPC), and Berek (NPC) staying in Farshore, and Priest MIA, so his character is just standing there.

Does that seem right?

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Thu Feb 19, 2015 9:06 pm

Just me all alone? :( But it does seem about right to me
Daerith nods, "We need our ship back. Berek and Fin and I will remain in town, the others will go get our Wyvern and bring her home. You guys should see about taking some of the crew back too, leave as many villagers here as you can."

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Mon Feb 23, 2015 8:13 am

Someone should stay to RP with Daerith.
Chanurn nods "Guess its Captain time again. Don't worry Lady Vanderboren we will recover The Wyvern and have her in ship shape in no time. Watch your flank Daerith. Anything else you need to fill us in on before we go Lavinia?"