Chapter Five - Reclaiming the Wyvern

The first Savage Tide has already touched the mortal world, yet none who live today recall this terrible time of red ruin. It swept over an ancient city, transforming beggar and noble, merchant and thief, resident and visitor, one and all into feral, ravenous fiends. What took the ancients hundreds of years to build came crumbling down in a matter of days. When the final ripples of the tide faded, only ruins remained.

Now, after a thousand years, the hidden architect of the Savage Tide gazes upon new targets. This time, the doom will not be limited to one hapless city. This time, all of civilization is perched on the shore, blissfully ignorant of what the tide is about to bring in.

A Dungeon Magazine Adventure Path

Run by the Pirate Captain Trogdor
AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite
Title: Oh look. A title.
User Class: Wanderer

Re: Chapter Five - Reclaiming the Wyvern

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 3:43 am

I should be fine. I dont have insane heals like a cleric, but I should be able to keep everyone alive. Depends on whether you want an npc tagging along or not. Let me know what you decide and I'll make the appropriate changes.

-Cast Touch of the Sea on Simira
Grask begins to draw in a deep breathe. He then plants one hand on Simira and her legs and arms turn into flippers and fins. "Time to go swimming Simira!"

Simira clumsily jumps over the side of the ship, creating a large splash.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Mar 05, 2015 9:27 pm

I say bring the Cleric, it doesn't hurt us here, nor does it hurt us in town.
Konrad climbs into the longboat when its ready and makes room for Sarafina and Grask. During the trip he's tried to speak to them to get to know them better. He knows the crew of the Nixie and the Wyvern but not these two new additions. So when they are heading ashore he makes room for them in the boat.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

mysticknight232
Level 11
Level 11

Post by mysticknight232 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:48 pm

I was thinking of leaving Serafina on the Blue Nixie as a line of defense JIC but i don't feel strongly either way. It would also be one less person Trog needs to NPC with Chanur afk right now.
Wavedancer climbs down the rope ladder and volunteers himself to one of the oar stations. He is prepared to row the boarding party over.
Who's the more foolish, the fool or the fool who follows him?

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 12:50 am

Grask climbs into the boat, leaving his massive boulder-like flail on the ship. He sits next to Konrad and chats with him during the journey over.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:51 am

Chanur climbs in to the boat ready to be rowed to shore sitting next to Sarafina of course, he can't help himself. "Amella you have the deck. " Chanur calls up.

"Since this is our first expedition together lets be cautious until we have a feel for the situation in the Wyvern. It's likely things are taking shelter there and we will have to clear it out. " Turning to our new folks "Grask how long have you been visiting Farshore? Do you know much about Lord Manthalay Meravanchi?"

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:29 am

"I have been around Farshore for most of my life. Usually just outside of the borders in the forest there." Grask pauses for a quick moment and then continues, "I don't really know much of Lord Manthalay Meravanchi, to be honest."

Grask takes a quick glance out into the water where Simira is splashing about in delight. "If you want to see happiness, give a land creature flippers." He chuckles.
Last edited by AdamDaBomb11 on Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Chanur
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Gunslinger

Post by Chanur » Wed Mar 25, 2015 3:24 am

Chanur chuckles at Grask's comments. "True I often wondered what it would be like to live under the sea with the Mermaids" He laughs lewdly, but alas I though I swim well I am not as adept as Wavedancer."

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:31 am

The five adventurers climb down into the ship's boat, leaving the bulk of the crew back with the Blue Nixie If this wreck was inhabited, then it was best to send just a few investigate. Besides, at the moment the Nixies was their way home. No one wanted to leave that defenseless.

With powerful strokes, Konrad propels the small boat toward the wreck of the Sea Wyvern. From this distance, the damage doesn't look too bad. There's a hole in one side, the masts are down, and it's half underwater. But those with knowledge of such things can tell that the damage can still be repaired, and that the tools and workers that have come north will be enough to do the job.

The only question that remains is clearing the wrecked ship of anything dangerous before the repair crew comes aboard. And for that, the Sea Wyverns, and their companions, have to figure out the best approach.
Just let me know how you want to approach the ship.
Note: the Sea Wyvern does not look this bad. It is not. in fact, cracked in half. This was just the best shipwreck image I could find.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:35 am

Konrad rows, strong strokes until they are several boat lengths from the wreck. He doesn't want to be the first one to say what many are thinking, so he doesn't mention the hole or the masts, but he knows its repairable. As the row boat sort of bobs there in the water he waits for orders from the Captain or anyone else of the Sea Wyvern leaders.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

AdamDaBomb11
Level 14 Elite
Level 14 Elite

Post by AdamDaBomb11 » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:12 pm

"So, what's the plan? I can ride Simira around and scout the ship." Grask offers.

"Bartom!" He roars in orcish. Simira comes close to the boat and Grask jumps onto her back.