Act 9 - Chimera Cove

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

The High Port: First Glance

Post by Muskrat » Mon Sep 07, 2020 6:49 pm

Dreams adds, "Even if you don't need our help, I, for one, am curious to see the rest of your ship." Which is true. She's also eager to end this charade and get to the fight, but she also knows the longer they play out the game, however uncomfortable that makes her, the more intelligence they might gather. And she also isn't comfortable attacking first when Poltur has not made an overtly hostile move against them.

Grimbold
Title: Professor

The High Port: First Glance

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:27 pm

Torias just listens, observes and tries to assess the man and his intentions. To be ready, he has his hand on his human-bane axe, not the big glowing one. He follows the others, ready for anything.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

The Silver Reign: The Hold

Post by Vardaen » Fri Sep 18, 2020 4:11 pm

The deck of this ship is completely bare under the flickering supernatural lights attached to the mast, with shadow-nets cast through the rigging dancing across the planks. Two hatches, each with a steep ladder, stand open to the hold below.

"Yes, please." Poltur motions at Dreams, "Lady's first, never let it be said I'm not a gentlemen." He opens the heavy grate that covers the deck and leads to a ladder that drops down into the hold of the ship. "If you don't mind, I'll follow down. My things are in the bow of the hold, should be easy enough to find, a bag and such." As you make your way down the ladder you can see the majority of the ship’s interior is a single empty cargo compartment, broken only by two rows of thick stanchions and a ropeless windlass in the center of the deck. Six more continual light spells cast on the ship’s beams
illuminate the entirety of the hold.
The Silver Reign is in remarkably good condition given its long stay here in the High Port, appearing as if it sailed in just weeks ago. Six continual light spells, cast at various heights on the mast, illuminate the ship’s deck.
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Fri Sep 18, 2020 10:24 pm

Dreams cautiously makes her way down the ladder and tests the floor with her feet, before fully stepping off the ladder. She then steps away from it and peers around, trying to make out as much as possible.
Perception check if appropriate.

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Sun Sep 20, 2020 4:50 pm

The former soldier has a bad taste in his mouth, feeling like he's walking voluntarily into a trap of his own devising. While he is expecting some sort of ambush, which to a certain extent removes the power of that surprise, he doesn't have enough details to truly know how to evade whatever is coming. "If you only need to grab one bag, it sounds like you are a man who thinks ahead, prepping a single pack to take and run if the opportunity presents itself. And who knows? If we clear out this monster infestation, we may be able to get your proud ship out of here too. Would be a shame to abandon this Lady."
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Grimbold
Title: Professor

Post by Grimbold » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:16 pm

Torias follows, but he says nothing and stays back, ready to do some prayer or cast a spell. He is nervous and wary.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Hellcat: Round 1

Post by Vardaen » Thu Oct 29, 2020 4:53 pm

As you reach the floor of the hold, Poltur laughs, "You fools!" He slams the heavy grate that covers the ladder closed. You can see his sneering face through the cross bar pattern of the hatch door. "You've fallen right into my trap! Mauahahah!" He laughs, like some cliche and then slides a bar through the latch, 'locking' you down there before he darts out of sight.

Toras climbs back up the ladder and pushes on the hatch it is firmly held in place and will take some effort to open from this side if only you had some time. But time is not on your side, not right at the moment.

At that moment Dreams notices sticking out from around back of some crates on the floor in the light of the continual flame spells a boot. She moves and turns the corner to see four mutilated Thralls splayed out all about the hold. It only take a glance to realize they have been ripped to pieces by some large predator with many teeth.

Nate catches something from the corner of his eye move in the shadows of the hold. It passes from the shadowy area into the bright light of the continual flame spells. His hackles are up.

Its too late however, a massive hellcat leaps out of nowhere, appearing from thin air, and pounces on Lineos. The Tengu is taken utterly by surprise, and the huge cat like beast clamps down on his neck and with a single powerful twist snaps Lineos' neck killing the bird man just like that! The cat toys with Lineos' corpse a moment shaking it side to side before it tosses it up against the hull with a sickening thud.

The battle for life or death is on even as the Hellcat is fading from view once more.

Monster-Hellcat.jpg
Monster-Hellcat.jpg (71.16 KiB) Viewed 260 times
FE-SilverReign1.jpg
FE-SilverReign1.jpg (66.63 KiB) Viewed 260 times
Round 1 Nate 24, Dreams 23, Torias 19, Hellcat 10

Lineos is dead
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite

Post by Muskrat » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:47 pm

Why am I suddenly glad I made sure to keep some of my uses of Smite Evil in reserve?
Dreams curses herself mentally for walking into such an obvious trap, then pushes the thought aside to deal with their attacker. She draws her sword and calls out, "Junil and Lugus, guide my hand!" then strikes at the hell cat with all her might.
Free Action (Quick Draw): Draw elven curve blade
Swift Action: Invoke Smite Evil (sheet updated)
Full Round Action: Two attacks with elven curve blade vs. the hell cat; Power attack

ManWithDoor
Title: Imperial Psyker
User Class: Imperial Psyker

Post by ManWithDoor » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:42 am

Nate tries to back up against the hull wall, taking whatever feet or inches he can to separate from the monster. The cat creature is very disconcerting, with what might be blue flames? Blue lightning? Well, blue whatever coming off him. He tries to aim carefully for the head, rather than just randomly filling it with bullets. It's probably got a lot of flesh to absorb blows. Even he can slow it down or confused it in some way, he can limit its ability to kill the rest of them.
5' Step west-ish if possible. Mainly just creating what space I can even if it isn't particularly tactically useful.

Use the Targeting (Ex) ability. Full Round Action, I get to shoot him only once, and target a body part for specific effects. Targeting the Head. If I hit I do normal damage, and it is Confused for 1 round. It is unaffected if it is immune to Sneak Attack or immune to Mind-Affecting abilities. Not using Deadly Aim or anything, I get my full bonus (+18) because the Effect is what I'm trying for.
- I am within his melee range, so this Ranged attack does proc an AOO. I still get to shoot and stuff, but might get hurt in the process.
Rule Number 12: "A soft answer turneth away wrath. Once wrath is looking the other way, shoot it in the head."

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:00 pm

Round 1 Nate 24, Dreams 23, Torias 19, Hellcat 10
Dreams leaps to the attack, her blade flashes in her hand in an instant at the fading Hellcat, for it seems to be slowly vanishing into the light. Her blade however slices across its throat in a perfect kill shot. The curve of the blade opens up its neck in a long bloody slice. Its gory, too gory, and Toiras and Nate pause at the sheer efficiency of Dream's murder blow. She spins and comes at it with a backhand that finishes what the forehand almost did on its own. With a loud crash the head of the hellcat hits the ground as she decapitates it with the second blow!

Just like that the enemy is dead.
Dreams: Quick Draw, Smite Evil, Full Attack, Power Attack: "18" (Crit Threat: 27 Hit) Concealment: 80 Hit Success, Critical Hit for 47!! + Smite 18x2 its an outsider = 36 = 83 DMG!!!! WOW + Gory Target Sickened ( 2 Round or Save: 28 Success, no Sickened), 22 Hit Concealment 88 Success, Hit for 36! [119 this round] Um yeah, dead

Wow, okay well...huh.