Prelude - Graceful Oaks: Portents and Omens

The Age of Magic is ended, Bhall, the Goddess of Fire, has succumbed to the whispers of Agares and fallen into Hell. Her worshipers and creations driven mad, and fire, which has been a powerful ally to man, has turned against him. Each good god was charged with the opposition of an evil god. Bhall was responsible for balancing Mulcarn, the God of Winter. Finding himself unopposed Mulcarn has broken The Compact and moved into Creation.

Creation was on the verge of another open war between the gods, that which they had outlawed with The Compact. To keep that from happening a deal was struck and the gods agreed that one god would enter Creation to challenge Mulcarn. That was Sucellus, the God of Nature. The two gods battled across the face of Creation, entire civilizations still recovering from the Burning Skies that marked the fall of Bhall were destroyed by their power. In the end Sucellus was killed and Mulcarn remained.

The Eternal Winter has begun...
Run by the Arch-Mage Vardaen
Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Re: Prelude - Graceful Oaks: Portents and Omens

Post by Muskrat » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:19 am

Allereia moves forward and fires at the huntkillmaster again.
I think what has me the most confused are the very precise movement and range rules. I never remember worrying about range in 2nd ed. D&D. Then again, combat rounds were a minute long, so I guess you had plenty of time to move around.

Move action: Move forward the maximum amount, which I guess with the mud cutting movement in half, is four blocks, stopping right in front of the stream: E, E, E, E.

Standard action: Fire bow at the huntkillmaster.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin
Title: Great Old One
User Class: Unshackled AI

Post by Vardaen » Fri Jan 15, 2010 10:42 pm

Round 3 Initiative: Goblin Dogs 9.2, Allareia 9.1, Goblins 7.6, Syrronas 6.3, Cevelan & Suli & Dog 4.3

Buffs and Stuffs
Allareia: Smite Evil vs Huntkillmaster: +4Att, +1 Dmg, +4 AC vs.

Suli: Mage Armor, Allergy -2 CHA, -2 DEX

Allereria moves forward right up through the mud to the edge of the water. Her hands glow with the power of Junil and Lugus, her willingness to smite the goblins flows through her bow. She fires, and this time the arrow zips right through the cover of the trees and hits the goblin huntkillmaster in the shoulder! The arrow buries itself deep into its flesh causing it to scream out in pain, "Ayeeee! I Keeell you for dat!" The goblin snaps the arrow off howling in pain.
Allareia: Move / Shoot HKM (No Range Penalties): 20 + CHA = 24 Hit for 4 + Smite 1 = 5 Dmg

Then the two goblins counter attack. The northern goblin loads his bow and fires at Suli, the wolf is coming and the goblin wants to put the creature down. The arrow zings off the arcane protection around the Eidolon that Celevan cast once again saving his friend and companion from a wound.

The huntkillmaster has a large dog right on him, so he steps backa few feet and takes aim on the large celestial dog near him, having to wait to shoot Alleraria later, he draws his bow back, further and further...

*SNAP*

The string on the bow snaps and whipes the goblin in the face leaving a nice line across its flesh. "No! No! No!" Screaming in anger the goblin throws the bow to the ground and draws his shortblade in one hand.

Goblin 1: Shoot Suli 18 Miss (Mage Armor Again Saves the Day)
HKM: Shoot Dog'œ1' (Fumble Chance: 8) Fumble > Snapped String! / Draw SS

Syyronas, rapier in hand...
Move Dreams 4E
Move HKM 1E
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf
J.R.R. Tolkien, Council of Elrond, The Fellowship of the Ring

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:27 am

Syrronas looks grim as he drives his rapier down aiming for the chest of the beast to kill it as quickly as he can. "Go Peacefully into the next life." He whispers a prayer in elven as he tries to slay the hound.
Coup-de-grace the unconscious dog.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:59 am

Round 3Initiative: Goblin Dogs 9.2, Allareia 9.1, Goblins 7.6, Syrronas 6.3, Cevelan & Suli & Dog 4.3

Buffs and Stuffs
Allareia: Smite Evil vs Huntkillmaster: +4Att, +1 Dmg, +4 AC vs.

Suli: Mage Armor, Allergy -2 CHA, -2 DEX
Syyronas looks grim as he stands over the goblin dog. He holds his rapier in both hands, and plunges it downward into the skull of the dog. The weapon pierces the ear and the brain of the animal slaying it outright in one blow. The back legs kick out a fee times, but its head is pinned to the ground by the blade. Yanking his weapon free the red haired elven sorcerer whipers a prayer for the animal before he stands back up to his full height.
Coup-de-grace. Since this is the first PF one, I'm working out out here.

As a full-round action, an enemy can use a melee weapon to deliver a coup de grace to a helpless foe. An enemy can also use a bow or crossbow, provided he is adjacent to the target. The attacker automatically hits and scores a critical hit. (A rogue also gets his sneak attack damage bonus against a helpless foe when delivering a coup de grace.) If the defender survives, he must make a Fortitude save (DC 10 + damage dealt) or die. Delivering a coup de grace provokes attacks of opportunity.

I think my own house rule here is you score a maximum critical hit. Meaning you do your full die of damage in the hit.

Auto Hit: Dmg 12. DEAD
Celevan, with his summoned celestial dog, and his eidolon wolf in the hunt...
"He that breaks a thing to find out what it is has left the path of wisdom." - Gandalf

Trogdor
Emeritus Admin
Emeritus Admin
Title: The Burninator
User Class: Jedi Master

Post by Trogdor » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:42 am

The summoned dog wastes no time with broken bow strings. It simply rushes forward, looking to take down the goblin in front of it.

Suli, slowed by the mud, begins to advance on the other goblin, a similar thought in his mind.

Celevan makes his way up the stream and tries a shot from his sling.
Celevan
Move Action: N N NE NE E
Standard Action: Shoot sling at G1

Suli
Double Move Action: NE E E E E NE NE NE NE

Celestial Riding Dog
Five Foot Step: E
Standard Action: Attack G2. (Alas, no difference between full and standard attack)
Try and trip if successful.
Celestial Riding Dog
Medium Extraplanar Magic Beast
Init +2; Senses low-light vision, darkvision 60, scent
DEFENSE
AC 13, touch 12, flat-footed 11 (+2 Dex, +1 natural)
hp 13 (2d8+4)
Fort +5, Ref +5, Will +1
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5; SR 5
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft.
Melee Bite +3 melee (1d6+3 puls trip)
Special Attacks Smite, 1/day (+2 damage to target evil creature)
STATISTICS
Str 17, Dex 15, Con 19, Int 3, Wis 12, Cha 6
Base Atk +1; CMB +3; CMD 15 (19 vs trip)
Feats Skill Focus (Perception)
Skills Acrobatics +6 (+14 jumping), Perception +8, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Acrobatics when jumping, +4 Survival when tracking by scent

Trip (Ex): A creature with the trip special attack can attempt to trip its opponent as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity if it hits with the specified attack. If the attempt fails, the creature is not tripped in return.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:01 am

Round 3 Initiative: Allareia 9.1, Goblins 7.6, Syrronas 6.3, Cevelan & Suli & Dog 4.3
Celevan moves up closer and closer with his sling unwrapped around his hand. He unwraps his sling and loads a bullet into the leather strap taking his messure of the goblin in the bushes. Suli charges through the mud and breaks out of the wet ground and crosses the frozen earth with speed now almost on the goblin foe. The summoned dog jumsp forward snapping at the air with its mouth barking and howling, but unable to connect with the nimble little twerp.
Cevelan: Move, Load Sling
Suli: Move/Move
Dog: 5ft, Attack HKM 13 Miss

Loading a sling is a move action. I'm not so sure you even drew your sling at some point, and with a BAB of 0 you can't do that on the move.
Round 4 Initiative: Allareia 9.1, Goblins 7.6, Syrronas 6.3, Cevelan & Suli & Dog 4.3
Allereia before the goblins react...
Now with the forest AND the dog in your way that goblin will have a pretty nice AC bonus from your ranged attacks if you fire in line.

Muskrat
Level 21 Elite
Level 21 Elite
Title: Keeper of the Hidden Word
User Class: Scholar

Post by Muskrat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:05 am

Allereia decides that at this point, it makes more sense to sprint forward to join in melee combat with the goblin, rather than trying to shoot such a poor target with her bow. She dashes through the mud, feeling it squelch around her boots, then across the solid land, stopping only when she and Celevan's summoned beast flank the goblin.
Full round action: Run 13 squares forward E, E, E, E, E, E, E, E, E, E, E, E, E; 1 NE; 1 N. I should be finishing one block E of the goblin, so I'm flanking him. I know I lose my Dex bonus to AC this round, but I'll take the chance.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:14 pm

Round 4 Initiative: Allareia 9.1, Goblins 7.6, Syrronas 6.3, Cevelan & Suli & Dog 4.3
The female Elohim Paladin decides to close to melee at this point. She starts to try and run through the water and the mud but finds it sucking her boots down into the earth. She fights the mud struggling to mad ehead way, but nearly escapes its cloying grasp with rather disturbing sucking sounds coming from her boots as she tries to pull herself along.
Unfortunately, these conditions were posted with the first map. Sorry, you can not run or charge through the mud.

"Notes: The stream is fast moving, wading across it causes a Swim Check.

The dark non-snow like area is all mud. This terrain causes some penalties as you sink into the mud of it. No Run, No Charge, Acrobatics +2 DCs, Movement Costs Doubled!!! This means no 5ft steps here. Crossing the stream from muddy area to muddy area is just like moving through the mud, you do NOT have to make swim checks there.

The trees the goblins are in provide Cover bonus to AC +4 as they snipe from behind them."

I adjusted you movement as best as I could.
The goblins realize the situation is hopeless now. They picked the wrong set of travelers to try and ambush. The goblin to the north tosses his bow to the ground and starts to flee away from the uncoming wolf. As he runs he draws his shortsword and his small shield. The little thing is screaming now in terror that he's going to be slain just like the goblin dogs where. He makes some progress, but its unlikely he can outrun Suli.

The huntkillmaster can't simply turn tail and run, not with the dog facing off against him. So he takes his blade and stabs it at the dog with a rather unimpressive display of skill. The blade doesn't even come close to striking the barking and snarling summoned dog.
Goblins:
#1 Drop Bow, Draw Melee Weapons/Move, Move
HKM: Attack Dog 4 Miss
Syyronas...

Wayloss
Level 15 Elite
Level 15 Elite
User Class: Outlaw Technician

Post by Wayloss » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:59 pm

Syrronas is determined to assist in keeping the goblin from fleeing without a fight. he struggles forward in the mud, he raises his rapier and concentrates. a black and red orb of energy leaves the rapier and flies across the ice covered ground to strike the goblin.
Move 3 E all 30 move, cast magic missile'¦..he's exactly 110 from me and just in range.

Vardaen
Admin
Admin

Post by Vardaen » Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Round 4Initiative: Allareia 9.1, Goblins 7.6, Syrronas 6.3, Cevelan & Suli & Dog 4.3
The sorcerer plods forward into the mud further and further. The hem of his robes are now caked in mud, his boots are wet on the inside, and the drizzle of cold rain/sleet is putting a true dampener on his spirits. Hoping to lift them by ending the goblin's life he points his rapier and a orb of black energy shoots out of the weapons tip as Syyronas finishes chanting some arcane words of power. The orb flies unerringly right into the back of the goblin slamming it and knocking it forward. A huge blast mark covers' his back, its armor and clothing burned right through, yet somehow, it still lives, if barely.
Syrronas Move, Magic Missle #1: 5 Dmg! (max! nice)
The blue crystal eyed Celevan and his pack of wild caines...